Story of My Toyota Innova 2.5!

Huh only 148kmph? Our Safari's and Scorpio's which are much heavier than an Innova can touch 160kmph with ease!

The floating nature of the Innova must be due to the ultra light body panels. But if the ultra light panels cannot provide the speed of a much tougher SUV then what is the use.

Innova - A car which is ultra light which is not so speedy enough and not safe too!! The only thing which works in its favour is its reliability.

Oops that looks bad.
Even i have seen most of the boot doors of Innova having dents .
Good that innova is working fine after doing so many kms on ODO.

Oh looking very bad Raj , yes even i hate the weak body panels of the Innova and the Fortuner is almost the same case!

Great to know no problems even after 70k on the ODO! Not even minor repairs?

Thread Starter #21
Not even minor repairs! nothing would go wrong in the innova... its a toyota!

all minor repairs have been denting & painting ones! my car has gone to the A.S.S many times for this!

Am amazed by the awesome reliability of a Toyota! What minor repairs were done?
quality.....that is what toyota is.!!!

dents and paint issues are common with every vehichle in india blame it on wreck-less traffic and weird road conditions.
if you are from mumbai its nothing a big surprise as everyday it is +1 on the body.

one cannot blame the manufacturer for that . any car is as much vulnerable as toyota.

shocking:-

"it happens sometimes "-technician trying to cover his ___

Last edited:
Hi Raj, nice owenership review.
I never thought Toyota uses such a low gauge metal for body :( why are they charging high cost for their vehicles and spares?

Thread Starter #28
Am amazed by the awesome reliability of a Toyota! What minor repairs were done?
Minor repairs like denting & painting jobs, changing brake pads, etc.

at 77k kms, the car is still running on stock clutch.

quality.....that is what toyota is.!!!

dents and paint issues are common with every vehichle in india blame it on wreck-less traffic and weird road conditions.
if you are from mumbai its nothing a big surprise as everyday it is +1 on the body.

one cannot blame the manufacturer for that . any car is as much vulnerable as toyota.

shocking:-

"it happens sometimes "-technician trying to cover his ___
Of course i would blame toyota buddy, who else? Our innova's driver is a great chap & is very very careful. he has had no shunts or accidents till date. but the other road users dont drive so carefully! and mumbai is not that bad. i have driven around mumbai in my scorpio for the past 6 years through absolutely crowded roads & small shunts do happen but the car should be made to withstand that.

innova's panel strength is pathetic & this is not just my opinion. even a small punch from a kid can make a dent! thats not the most ideal for indian conditions.

Hi Raj, nice owenership review.
I never thought Toyota uses such a low gauge metal for body :( why are they charging high cost for their vehicles and spares?
because its a toyota!

another grouse - the engine!
after many months, made a trip to pune in my innova. at 110 kmph, the tacho was at 3100 rpm! [frustration] the redline is at 4200 rpm. its a diesel engine, so that means at such high rpm close to the redline, there is hardly any juice left. at 110 kmph, the engine is also noisy, sounds boomy & very strained. also, we filled in diesel from HP & the car was emitting thick black smoke at anything over 120 kmph, so we had to stick to 110 kmph.

great ownership buddy, i still remember you saying your friends enjoy most in your innova then any other vehicles.Its ease to drive like a car, smooth and refined and robust engine what is said about toyota.But then sheet metal is not what it should be offered by toyota which i have heard many complaints from many owners.I guess for better FE toyota might have thought so.

140 is the max speed as i am aware. Innova has a 103 PS and 2.5 L engine. hence max speed like 160/175 we just cann't expect :(

Safari easily does top speeds. :)

Top Bottom