Story of My Toyota Innova 2.5!

Thread Starter #91
@Raj:-
What about some interior pics,especially the steering wheel,gear lever,footwell and pedals and of course seats..in other words complete interior pics.
Why?Because I want to see how much your car has aged from inside,from outside she is still sleek and sexy like a new babe on the ramp.
Sure. Give me a day, I will post interior pics too.

Sure. Give me a day, I will post interior pics too.
Okay,then I'll be checking the thread exactly after 24 hours..
BTW,have you ever given your car for complete interior clean up(the one in which everything is cleaned thoroughly) or you just get it cleaned casually?

Thread Starter #93
Along with exterior detailing, even the interior was detailed with 3M foam... right from dashboard to roof to seats to floor to boot.

Along with exterior detailing, even the interior was detailed with 3M foam... right from dashboard to roof to seats to floor to boot.
Well,buddy there is a small issue...
First of all what is 3M foam(I know just 'foam':stupid:) secondly since I have never sent my cars for any such job,so what is the estimated expense for the detailing job?

Thread Starter #95
Its is just a cleaning foam, the brand is 3M. Hence 3M foam!

Branded stores like 3M is always expensive, but their attention to detail is excellent. For a big car like Innova, full exterior & interior treatment will cost your Rs. 7000/-. There are cheaper options available too, with 3M. Smaller the car, lesser the charges.

I have tried other detailing centres also, but I prefer 3M because their work quality is great.

Thread Starter #99
Here you go buddy -

Attachments

Just 231 more kms to go...wow.

It looks like the interior detailing job was really great.Everything is looking clean and there are no signs of 1 lac kms.
Only if the pics could have been more clearer,then it would have been the best of a treat.

After looking at your gear lever,I think mine and yours style of catching the lever is same.Can you post a pic with your hand on lever?
I catch with palm around the lever instead of catching it keeping my palm above the lever.

Thread Starter #101
Okay, I thought these effects will make it look better. I will upload better quality pics later!

The interior detailing job has not done anything great. The cab was like this even before, no dirt or marks anywhere, since we always keep the windows closed. It just smells better now because of 3M foam.

Regarding holding the gear lever, I do not have any fixed style! AND, the Innova is rarely driven by me, I dont like driving the Innova.

Okay, I thought these effects will make it look better. I will upload better quality pics later!
Waiting for them....

Regarding holding the gear lever, I do not have any fixed style! AND, the Innova is rarely driven by me, I dont like driving the Innova.
No enthusiast love driving Innova(But I did,when I owned one..),why?Because its not having anything above normal...just 'normal'..

Thread Starter #103
1,00,000 kms service update :

I was given an appointment of 10:10 am. My driver reached the venue at 9:45 am. There was a big queue of cars outside the A.S.S. gate. He joined the queue but when his turn came at 9:55 am, he was not allowed to go inside. He was told that his timing is 10:10 am and he will have to wait for 15 mins outside. [surprise]

Later, when the car was inside, the work started on the car at 11:30 am as per my driver. I was sent an SMS that the car would be ready to be picked up at 4:55 pm (!!!).

I spoke to the SE and told him that I want to get wheel balancing and alignment done. He said, since I have aftermarket Yokahama tyres (stock specifications), they cannot do it. [surprise]

When my driver reached the A.S.S. at 5:30 pm to pick the car, the car was still not ready. I asked my driver to give the phone to the SE. He told me that he called me several times because my car had some other work. I did not receive any call from them. He told me that the steering inner ball joint has some play and the LHS front wheel bearing is making a noise and both these would cost me 8k. But for this, I will have to change the tyres first. WHAT??? [surprise]

I asked him to leave it alone. He also told me that the engine timing belt needs to be changed as it has a minor cut but that can run for another 10k. Also there is a minor coolant leakage from the water pump.

Service bills :

Labour charges -

1,00,000 kms service - Rs. 1084
Engine comp degreasing - Rs. 854
Ventilator foaming and disinfection - Rs. 790

Part Charges -

Fluid washer - Rs. 59 (59 bucks for water? Do they fill it with Bisleri ?!!)
Gasket, oil pan drain - Rs. 35
Oil filter - Rs. 378
Engine oil - Rs. 1828

I am not sure why they did not change the fuel filter.

Total Bill - Rs. 5028/-

Last edited:
@Raj:-
Out of the repairs mentioned above,my car got some of them done when I got it serviced last time at 91k kms,and the parts were:-
Front wheel bearings.
Second was some pump type thing in engine.
Rest everything was okay.

Which engine oil they fill in your car?

About service bills,I find nothing new,everytime my service bills were between 4500-6000.But then my car took true beating too in my hands.

And yes..as per the promise,I am still waiting for clearer images....list I have already given to you.

Is the car still with you? I was wondering if it still is, would love to know how it is running past thr 100k km mark!

Top Bottom