Story of My Toyota Innova 2.5!

@Raj:
Actually what I mean is that due to quite lesser body roll,its easier to handle an Innova as compared to the Scorpio and the Cumbersome Safari.
The only difference between ours is that yours is an 8 seater while mine is a seven seater(in fact four seater as third row stays at home most of the time and bass tubes sit in their place),and also I seldom travel with more than two people on board,which is maximum four sometimes,but its maybe one out of hundred when I travel with all seats occupied,so maybe this is the difference we feel because my car(note:I said car)is always light on weight.

You are right that armrest is quite hard but still it doesn't hurt that much as its position seems to be quite at the place,while the front seat can be less comfy for people with bigger frame like you are but for the ones like me,its quite good.

About NVH,I really don't know that much because I have not got one,but two 1250 watt JBL bass tubes for me with a true blue amplifier installed in the car so I am always busy enjoying that.But,being true,I'd be happy if the car would have been a bit quieter.

About long journeys,I have covered Meerut-Kolkata,Meerut-mumbai,Meerut-Ahmedabad,Meerut-Shirdi,Meerut-goa and Meerut-Pune(Khadakwasla-NDA) in my Innova and found the journeys quite balanced(neither very comfy but not at all uncomfy).
Still now I use either Laura or Corolla for highway journeys which is now making me feel Innova uncomfy.

Thread Starter #62
My Innova has a starting trouble now. Every time we turn the key, a 'tuck' sounds comes from the bonnet. after 4-5 attempts, sometimes more, the vehicle finally starts. It does not seem to be a battery issue & has something to do with the starter motor.

Sent the car to the A.S.S. today. SA claims the starter motor is indeed problematic & is quoting 8-9k for the job.

These days the innova is burning a big hole in our pocket. time to let it go, i suppose.

Well,haven't faced any such problem till date.Rest even my Innova also has now a days started giving slight troubles but,I am not at all ready to sell her.Even today I drive her more than my other cars and I have an emotional attachment with it(This car was selected by my mother and she liked it).
So my Innova won't be sold any day,only other car can come for the job.

Thread Starter #65
^^Time for you guys to tame the cheeta and let the trustred GSD go(pun intended:biggrin:).
For that, Mahindra has to open the bookings & more importantly, sort out the initial niggles.

Well,haven't faced any such problem till date.Rest even my Innova also has now a days started giving slight troubles but,I am not at all ready to sell her.Even today I drive her more than my other cars and I have an emotional attachment with it(This car was selected by my mother and she liked it).
So my Innova won't be sold any day,only other car can come for the job.
To be honest, I am not very happy with the innova. its a 'fine' car but that is the problem, its just 'fine'...

Well,that is a problem with me too that nothing is extraordinary in an Innova,but by seeing at as an overall package,I simply agree that its quite fine.

Thread Starter #67
Starter motor is unavailable with Toyota A.S.S., they have ordered for the part. However, I will get back the car only day after tomorrow. The car cannot be mobilized, so it is basically lying in the A.S.S. now.

Thread Starter #68
Got the car back from A.S.S. with a bill amount of Rs. 10544/-.

Labour charges-
* Starter assembly - Rs. 555/-
* Engine degreasing - Rs. 850/-
* A/C discinfectation (??) - Rs. 775/-
* 95000 service - Rs. 580/- (Just inspection with car pressure wash)

Part charges-
* Starter switch assemly - Rs. 7730/

Thread Starter #69
My Innova is just a few kms short of touching the 1 Lac mark on its odo now. No complaints from the vehicle apart from some rattling, which can be because of our new careless driver & bad roads.

Since this is his birthday month (6th!), his present was - 3M detailing (interior & exterior). Some pics :

Attachments

Your Innova is looking just like brand new after the detailing job.
It looks like you are in a mood of making quite long innings(1.5-2 lac kms) with him.

Thread Starter #71
Your Innova is looking just like brand new after the detailing job.
It looks like you are in a mood of making quite long innings(1.5-2 lac kms) with him.
Thank you buddy. We were about to dispose him but have extended our plans for a while, as you know. So since he is with us for some more time, we decided to give him a mid life uplift!

Hmm...right now I am searching for some of my old pics with the Innova(no new pics of anything..thanks to a recent hard disk crash).Why?
Because on the name of upgrade my Innova got new grille,new headlamps and tail lamps,but then we has to sell him off as he had started giving some problems.But I swear that mine never shined as much as yours is shining.
Now let's see what we buy on the name of a new car..:biggrin:

Top Bottom