Story of Dream, Desire & Obsession - The All New Honda City

Nagesh i think with some rubbing the straight line mark can be removed but the dent will remain as such. I have one powder like thing at my home which may help to remove that line , i have removed few scratches on my Verna using that , but again the dent will remain.

Have you got any estimate?

Thread Starter #94
It really hurts to see the car in this state.
Yes buddy. Definitely.

Nagesh i think with some rubbing the straight line mark can be removed but the dent will remain as such. I have one powder like thing at my home which may help to remove that line , i have removed few scratches on my Verna using that , but again the dent will remain.

Have you got any estimate?
Yes Dhaya. I need to have the dent also removed. I was advised about that magic pen also. What the SE and my dad said that the cost will include painting and tinkering on all the damaged areas. The front fender does not have a visible scratch. A rubbing polish would do the trick.

So, we decided to go with the complete work since we have a insurance and the claim bonus will be very less when compared to the repair work.

my advise get it repaired by outside mechanic it will cheaper . it not that much that it require insurance money
I would not go outside buddy. The problem is that i can't get the paint color to be changed even a slight tint. So, trusting on a dealer is better.
The money that i may have to shell outside would be around 4-5K? But what about quality and the genuinity of the paint?

So, better use a insurance, get the NCB go for a toss and shell 1K or so and get the repair done with peace of mind.

Checked with Royal Sundaram and they said that the NCB starts from 20%. So, assuming the insurance amount is 30,000 and the NCB is 20%, i get Rs. 6000 discount. Which is more than the work that will be done.

I dont think the rubbing compound will help much since the dent is pretty visible. Further more, do not go for those fancy items (read Magic pen) which are utter waste of bucks. IMO you are going the right way, claim the insurance, and get the work done at the dealership.

Thread Starter #96
I dont think the rubbing compound will help much since the dent is pretty visible. Further more, do not go for those fancy items (read Magic pen) which are utter waste of bucks.
Thats right buddy! Did not get a Magic pen when someone insisted to have it as a "Must have" items in car.

IMO you are going the right way, claim the insurance, and get the work done at the dealership.
Yup, the work will be starting next week. Gotta see her in this state for the next few days [frustration].

@ Akash and Truecitylover I don't know about the Magic Pen but this powder which i have at home has helped me remove a few scratches from my car but yeah only the scratches , you will have to live with the dent! I think for the fender repair rubbing might just be enough.

Thread Starter #98
@ Akash and Truecitylover I don't know about the Magic Pen but this powder which i have at home has helped me remove a few scratches from my car but yeah only the scratches , you will have to live with the dent! I think for the fender repair rubbing might just be enough.
Let me get a sample job done by you if i come across any minor scratches later (Wish it should not happen) and check how the stuff works. Whats the name of that powder?

I don't know the name and where it sells. My dad got it for free from a Petrol Bunk where we regularly fill fuel! Its almost going to get over now and i wish i had another bottle of the same! Trust me , it works. Next time we meet i will show you a dent which was made by my dad on my car by mistake. I got furious and scolded my dad , my dad patiently worked with the powder and make the car look like new again! Of course the dent is still visible but only if you have a keen eye and take a closer look.

But anyways for now get the repair done from the dealership claiming insurance and lets hope this will be your last claim! Living in Metros its almost impossible to have a scratch and dent free ride!

Thread Starter #100
I don't know the name and where it sells. My dad got it for free from a Petrol Bunk where we regularly fill fuel! Its almost going to get over now and i wish i had another bottle of the same! Trust me , it works. Next time we meet i will show you a dent which was made by my dad on my car by mistake. I got furious and scolded my dad , my dad patiently worked with the powder and make the car look like new again! Of course the dent is still visible but only if you have a keen eye and take a closer look.
Dad's are prone to making scratches and dents [surprise] ? Same is my case here.

But anyways for now get the repair done from the dealership claiming insurance and lets hope this will be your last claim! Living in Metros its almost impossible to have a scratch and dent free ride!
Yup. We'll see how the work progresses. And hopefully this should be the last claim.

Let me get a sample job done by you if i come across any minor scratches later (Wish it should not happen) and check how the stuff works. Whats the name of that powder?
I use a Sonax Car polish, which is to be applied with sponge, later wiping with a soft cloth.
Removes tar and minor scratches instantly.
I paid 350 for this.[surprise]

Thread Starter #103
UPDATE - Right side scratched

My heart bleeds [cry] after seeing these photos!!![frustration]

NOTE: The thick scratch in the front door was the very old one. Also, folks can see the new sun film which was installed.
I went to my hometown and checked the scratch. The damage was not that bad. Few of my friends told that rubbing polish would do the task. But, the dent on the scratch would not go away. So, decided to go ahead with the paint job.

I guess the powder you are talking about is the rubbing compound. It is available in powder/paste form. It is a handy thing to eliminate the scratches, however excessive use of compound steals the luster off the paint.

Top Bottom