Story of Dream, Desire & Obsession - The All New Honda City

350Z

Core Team
Re: Few latest pictures of my beast...

Few latest pictures...[:D]
Just like I said elsewhere, I’m in love with this City and the colour is nice too. I’m spotting tons of ANHCs everyday on roads. This car has made a special space in the hearts of Indians ever since the initial launch and great to watch the latest generation following the same trend. The number is bound to rise up since there’s a significant reduction in the price now.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #62

Just like I said elsewhere, I’m in love with this City and the colour is nice too. I’m spotting tons of ANHCs everyday on roads. This car has made a special space in the hearts of Indians ever since the initial launch and great to watch the latest generation following the same trend. The number is bound to rise up since there’s a significant reduction in the price now.

Drive Safe,
350Z
Yes Vibhor, i agree with you. ANHC has a huge presence in the road these days.
Since the price has been reduced, there may be few more, as Honda does not make you wait like others.

Yes Vibhor, i agree with you. ANHC has a huge presence in the road these days.
Since the price has been reduced, there may be few more, as Honda does not make you wait like others.
That is the best part about Honda, it doesnt work like Maruti does. Bloating away delivery timelines to create a fake shortage and brand value for some of its cars.

Thread Starter #65
After a long time, repaired my spare wheel (The one that was punctured).
The wheel was torn for about half an inch - Thanks to my wicked neighbour for having glasses and steel bars nearby where i park.
The tyre repair guy charged me Rs.300. He said that he needs to melt that place and then cover up the hole. Not sure about the end result yet. Need to check them closely.

Thread Starter #66
What happens when you cruise at high speeds in ANHC?

Last weekend, i had a great long drive to my hometown (> 500 KMs).
The butter smooth highway was tempting me to go faster. Since it was a day time travel, i decided to punch it up (Remember - I had not crossed 100-110 KMpH since delivery) and check how the stability and reliability was at high speeds.
Ideally, i thought of sharing a travelogue for this trip but my first trip's travelogue is due since 6 months.

I always know it is really crazy, fun and more importantly dangerous to drive at high speeds. Sometimes, one needs to experience fun when the time is right. So, i went for it trusting her as my guardian angel!

I clocked 180 KMpH at the max in a straight stretch, where the constant speed was 140-150 KmpH & average speed was of journey was about 120-130 KMpH.
Things i wanted to pen down about the reliability and stability of the car:

- I did not feel the car drifting/ loosing even a bit of control in sharp turnings and overbridge turnings at high speeds.
- In about 30-45 seconds of driving in 180 KMph, i realised that the steering becomes a bit shaky and got the road's feedback.
- I was able to maintain a constant speed in most of my journey with ease. Did not have to jump on the accelerator.
- Braking is very much reliable (Thanks to ABS!).
- The power steering becomes pretty tighter on high speeds, which helps you control the car in a effecient way.
- There was no need to change the gears frequently when overtaking.
- The arm rester & dummy clutch pedal is really a boon for long travels.

All in all i enjoyed my long drive and had a feel that i was into a safety cage [thumbsup]. Wish Honda had a Diesel heart and NH's had no toll booths with the same quality of road [frustration]!

Other ANHC owners: Do let us know about your drive's stability.

Looks like you have enjoyed driving to the maximum. The roads are amazing from Chennai-Coimbatore , i love those roads except for the toll booths!! With such speeds FE would have taken a hit i think.

BTW how much time you took to reach your destination?

Thread Starter #68
Looks like you have enjoyed driving to the maximum. The roads are amazing from Chennai-Coimbatore , i love those roads except for the toll booths!! With such speeds FE would have taken a hit i think.

BTW how much time you took to reach your destination?
I too hate the toll booths [frustration]. FE was a hit for sure. Got only about 13 KMpL. Journey with 2 stops of 1 hour each took about 7 hours to reach my destination [thumbsup] .

Thread Starter #69
Time for a quick update!!!

Got few installs done in my drive [:D]:
1. Have installed 3M - RE 35 sun film for Rs. 4000
2. Steering wheel knob - Rs. 500
3. God idol (A long time pending)
4. Car perfume
5. Hanging doll

All the installs were done from Sun enterprises, Coimbatore.

The ones that i was not able to get it done:
1. Car seat covers
2. Floor mat

I was not able to choose a seat cover after looking at our fellow member - Anmol's car seat cover. Altough the shop had humpty number of seat covers, i am still in a confused state. They offered customized stitching with gathering pattern, which i was not sure about the outcome.
The SE from Honda was the one who was helping me out in checking the price from other places for the 3M film. He said that he can get the OE seat covers for about 7K from the showroom.
So, still pending. Guys, can you throw me some inputs on it? How about Auto-foam/ OE/ anyother brand? Budget - Max 8K.

Floor mats is still in a dialema. Was impressed with 3d kagu mats from our fellow member's Vento. Still choosing.

I know photos are missing. These were done in late evening. So, thought of clicking in the day time and later forgot![frustration]

if OE is in your budget, then you can get that as well. But if you want fanciness, then get aftermarket. Normally i suggest Stanley to everyone. But i dont think you can get stanley for your budget.

After seeing the model number of your sun-film only i realized that my Aria also has the same sun-film. Its very effective and looks cool too! Still waiting for the pictures bro.

And i would recommend those seat covers which Anmol has got anyday , looks much better than OE. Mats also i would say kagu mats are looking really good.

yup go with those mats which many other members have but well! for seat covers i will say search for more maybe you will find more better ones??

AMG

Suspended
Look around. Research more.
It is not recommended to buy from the first shop you come across.

Thread Starter #75
if OE is in your budget, then you can get that as well. But if you want fanciness, then get aftermarket. Normally i suggest Stanley to everyone. But i dont think you can get stanley for your budget.
Thanks for the suggestion bro. Stanley is too costly for me.

After seeing the model number of your sun-film only i realized that my Aria also has the same sun-film. Its very effective and looks cool too! Still waiting for the pictures bro.

And i would recommend those seat covers which Anmol has got anyday , looks much better than OE. Mats also i would say kagu mats are looking really good.
Thanks Dhaya. I missed having this sun film during long drives.[frustration]
Still searching for other models as well. Kagu mats are pretty costly.

yup go with those mats which many other members have but well! for seat covers i will say search for more maybe you will find more better ones??
Sure. I am still on the search. Planning to visit few more shops during my next visit home.

Look around. Research more.
It is not recommended to buy from the first shop you come across.
Sure buddy. Point taken [:)].

Top Bottom