Story of Dream, Desire & Obsession - The All New Honda City

Thread Starter #31
2nd service done!!!

Hello Folks,
Completed the second service last week. The only change was Oil & Oil filter.
Apart from that, they did a no cost paint touch-up in the scratch that had happened but the dent is still visible.
Engine is much smoother now and the pick-up has increased a bit more.

Enjoying my ride as ever!!!
Cheers,

350Z

Core Team
Re: 2nd service done!!!

Hello Folks,
Completed the second service last week. The only change was Oil & Oil filter.
Apart from that, they did a no cost paint touch-up in the scratch that had happened but the dent is still visible.
Engine is much smoother now and the pick-up has increased a bit more.

Enjoying my ride as ever!!!Cheers,
Congratulations. New Honda City is an engineering marvel, so it's not surprising that you're fully enjoying the car. Sorry to know about the dent though. How big is it?

Drive Safe,
350Z

Great to hear that you are enjoying the ride. What is the FE you are getting now?

And well living in a metro , its really difficult to maintain a dent or scratch free car![frustration]

Thread Starter #34
@ Vibhor: Thanks buddy! Yes, absolutely. The only thing is that i am not driving much these days. The beast comes out just for 3 or 4 days in a week.
BTW, the dent was due to a 2 wheeler guy, who came and gelled with my beast.
@ cooldhaya: Sure i am having fun with my ride. The FE i'm getting is the same (11-14) depending on the driving conditions.
Did not get a chance to flame in the highways yet!
And yes its really difficcult to maintain the car without dents/ scratches in a metro especially with reckless 2 wheeler drivers in Chennai [frustration].

truecitylover, sorry for dropping in late but congratulations on your ANHC.Superb engineered car but with a pricetag and limited features when other companies start giving much more options with lesser pricetag, but still nothing beats its heart, engine honda carries which is boon to drive around.Can you share the on road price you paid after all those discounts and freebies offered to you?
Enjoy your drive and keep updating.

Can you share the on road price you paid after all those discounts and freebies offered to you?
Here you go Vijay,

Area of Residence: Coimbatore
Cars considered: VWVento. Once test driven, its was well out of the list.
Car booked: Honda City - iVtec
Variant: S-MT
Fuel Type: Petrol
Color: Urban Titanium
Date of booking: 2 Dec, 2010
Date of Delivery: 19 Jan, 2011 (Car was ready for delivery on 6 Dec, 2010 itself - Took it late for auspicious date)
Freebies/Offer prevailing at the time of booking/delivery: 1 year free insurance + Reverse sensor + Mub flaps + Mat + Body cover + No delivery, regn charges Etc., + Full tank petrol (40 lit).
Name of the Dealer: T.V.S Sundaram Honda, Coimbatore
Dealership Experience: AMAZING!
On Road price: 971300

You may also view my Ownership review.

Thread Starter #37
truecitylover, sorry for dropping in late but congratulations on your ANHC.Superb engineered car but with a pricetag and limited features when other companies start giving much more options with lesser pricetag, but still nothing beats its heart, engine honda carries which is boon to drive around.Can you share the on road price you paid after all those discounts and freebies offered to you?
Thank you Vijay!
I agree with you completely & would say the features were enough for me. The only thing others bank upon may be bluetooth and electronic accessories, which i see of no use (Owners with these features - Please excuse).

@ Akash: Thank you!!![thumbsup]

Congrats truecitylover.Some pics really stand out of the lot.You got the car having the most benchmarks.I was once a great fan of ANHC(you can see that my usename has the word city) and wished it was in my garage.Leave itYou got a Nice color.Any plans for oem alloys?

did u enquired about oem alloys and what price was dealer offering you, as i have known few owners of ANHC who got them for pretty good price from dealers.

did u enquired about oem alloys and what price was dealer offering you, as i have known few owners of ANHC who got them for pretty good price from dealers.
The original cost of OEM alloys is somewhere around 20k. A dealer in nagpur told me this. Since he has now withdrawn from Honda, he is selling out the OE accessories for much lower price.

Thread Starter #41
Congrats truecitylover.Some pics really stand out of the lot.You got the car having the most benchmarks.I was once a great fan of ANHC(you can see that my usename has the word city) and wished it was in my garage.Leave itYou got a Nice color.Any plans for oem alloys?
Thank you buddy! Great to see one more fan for City .
I don't have any plans for alloys as of now. Running low on Vit M. Hope i will be getting it done in few months. The car is still in stock condition.

Still not decided. So, did not get a chance to ask the dealer. Can call and check out with them.

@ Akash: Thank you for the information. Any idea about price in Chennai (Off market)?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #44
@ Akash: Thank you dude!!!

@ Dhaya: Sure buddy. Just called up the SE and he said that there will be offers in Honda and we can get OEM alloys for 12-14 K (Set of 4). That sounds a pretty good deal. The OEA costs 22K now. Discounts can be about 1-2K at present.

exactly, oem ones are costly and you surely can get them within that price you shared, just wait for some deals coming up with honda or dealer and also push them for more discounts as their oem dont sell much, i mean either with a deal or through their top variant factory fitted,so dealer would give u good deal if ur intrested.A friend of mine got his set for 12k.

Top Bottom