Story of Dream, Desire & Obsession - The All New Honda City

Thread Starter #136
Hi to all. This is my first post in TAI.
Truecitylover, Congratulations on your new Swift.[cheers]
Welcome aboard Gino (Gdave). It really feels good to see your TAI's first post in my thread. Thank you!

Do introduce about yourself in the Introductions section.

Hope you have done a read about my City. Do share about your experience too. BTW, the DRL on you City looks cool. My taste is to have the DRL just below the headlight.

For a detailed review about my Swift, check out my ownership thread.
I thenk we guys can really form a City/Civic lovers/owners gang..[angry]
Again, ganging up eh?

Well,I too think that Honda City is having some sort of addiction,why?Because my daily drives also include a Honda City too(a close friends of mine)and the owner of the City has a very City-full past,how?Same as our Truecitylover.His first car was a second hand 2003 Honda City V-tec(My hot favorite) in 2008,then he bought a 2007 Honda City V-Tec in 2009,then he bought a Honda City i-vtec in 2010 and after we people lost the City in an accident,he again bought a used 2011 Honda City i-vtec...
So,we can easily call it the City addiction..
I agree! Once we start getting used to Honda, we would not like other cars. Pity my Swift!

Thank you TSIVipul. Sure we can start a Honda Family
LOL. Maybe we can start a new thread about information on Honda cars exclusively![thumbsup]

Last edited:
Hope you have done a read about my City. Do share about your experience too. BTW, the DRL on you City looks cool. My taste is to have the DRL just below the headlight.

Thank you truecitylover. I also like it below the head lights, But we dont have any chance for that since the fog lamp cutout is missing. Am I right? The only way to fix those DRL is on the front grill.

I saw your post regarding your interest to incorporating LED inside head light unit. For that I think you better get pre-assembled Head Light unit rather than modifying the existing one.

And any plans for getting Fog lamps for your City?

Yeah I 'll definitely go through your "Swift thread"

Thread Starter #138
Thank you truecitylover. I also like it below the head lights, But we dont have any chance for that since the fog lamp cutout is missing. Am I right? The only way to fix those DRL is on the front grill.
No buddy, the DRL can be fixed just below the head lights. I have a Civic and Swift with that job. It was not a professional job though. May be a DIY job. There is a kind of DRL which are like stickers which would server the purpose.

I saw your post regarding your interest to incorporating LED inside head light unit. For that I think you better get pre-assembled Head Light unit rather than modifying the existing one.
Thats right. I was planning for projector head lights with a DRL. But now it is not necassary as dad will be using the City. Fancy funda won't be required then.[evil]

And any plans for getting Fog lamps for your City?
No plans as of now. Need to test the potential and requirement of fog lamps before investing on it. But, plans for changing to alloy is on cards.

Truecitylover , had a question for you, i drove the honda city of my friend today(bought in december) and found the 1st and 2nd gear a bit hard to engage(despite fully engaging the clutch) -> is this a standard package and does this improve as the gearbox settles in ?
Have you experienced this or does it need some greasing from the top ?

Thread Starter #141
Guess i'm doing lil injustice with a delayed reply.

Truecitylover , had a question for you, i drove the honda city of my friend today(bought in december) and found the 1st and 2nd gear a bit hard to engage(despite fully engaging the clutch) -> is this a standard package and does this improve as the gearbox settles in ?
Have you experienced this or does it need some greasing from the top ?
I have never experienced it buddy. Things are all fine.

@Truecitylover: Can you share the details of the cost of the services you have done?
I have completed all free services and i had to shell about ~1500 each service.
Paid service is due next month.

Hi Truecitylover how apt a name you have chosen. Wonderful review of your car.
Have a query for you. Did you get your oil changed during first service (I know that Honda
doesn't recommend)? I had read somewhere that it is advisable to go for oil change. Am a bit confused on this since my city's 1st service is due next week

Thread Starter #143
Hi Truecitylover how apt a name you have chosen. Wonderful review of your car.
Have a query for you. Did you get your oil changed during first service (I know that Honda
doesn't recommend)? I had read somewhere that it is advisable to go for oil change. Am a bit confused on this since my city's 1st service is due next week
Thank you! Apologies for a very late reply. I bet the service is over already and your vehicle is running fine. I did not do a oil change in the first service.

Top Bottom