Story of Dream, Desire & Obsession - The All New Honda City

Thread Starter #121
Update time:
Hello guys. Just took my beast back from the service center after a week (Vehicle was left in the service station last wednesday.).
A long pending due was in regards to the paint job to remove the dent and scratches in my car.

So, decided to treat her for the first year anniversary which falls on Jan 19.

Jobs planned:
1. Right front door dent removal and painting.
2. Right rear door & quarter panel painting.
3. Left door and fender painting.
4. Interior and Exterior detailing.

Only the right front door dent was my major concern.
So, decided to claim an insurance for all these jobs and then came a bomb from iffco tokio - Cannot claim both sides without a FIR [frustration].
I was like WTF and decided to take care of the right side job alone in this claim.
Surveyor came on Thursday evening and rejected the front door job claiming that there was a touch up done (Yes it was done once the dent happened during 1st service by the service centre).
I argued for a long time with the surveyor but everything in vein. Lost my patience arguing with him for a long time. Decided that i am not gonna spend a single penny extra during this claim.
Decided that let me do yet another claim with them for right door/ left door work.
Was assured of getting the car delivered on Monday.

End result: Hell to iffco tokio. I will do yet another claim before the insurance expires. And yes, i will not be going with them again.

Job was commenced only on Friday morning. So, i was pushing hard for getting it delivered on Saturday but no luck.
Also, a long trip is scheduled this weekend and i wanted to get a general check-up done.

So, decided to give them time to complete the general check-up also. Delivery was scheduled to be done yesterday but i was not able to get it delivered as they told that vehicle will be available only by noon.
Had informed the body shop SA and the service AM to get the car ready including the final touch ups and i would not have time to wait for the jobs to be completed.

Went today morning by 10 AM and was glad to see that my beast was shining like ever in the parking bay and when i went near to inspect the car, i got a huge disappointment.
The paint job in the rear door was not done properly. Was able to see the previous scratch's traces. First time i go so annoyed by TVS Honda's service.
Summoned the body shop SA and he came for the rescue, Along with him i did a full inspection of the car.
He noticed the error and acknowledged the mistake rather than arguing. He was aware of my situation and about my long drive during the weekend.
So, he assured the best and summoned 3 guys who came and did a rubbing polish job and the traces were not visible.
For this, he has assured a re-do job once i'm in for the next visit there for the rear door and got it in writing from them.
Next was about paint lumps which were in the corners. He said that it can be rectified along with the next job.
So, fuss about the paint job was neutral after all the assurances.

Next i did check the detailing that they did and it was done well. Would give 100% for the job that was done on waxing.
Also, interiors were polished well.

Had complained issue with the cigaratte lighter not working (Device used: Mobile charger). They had checked that the fuse went kaput and had replaced it yesterday.
When i check today, it was not working. Again fuse was not there.
So, i was into a annoyed mode once again and these guys replaced the fuse and checked with the charger and again it was not working.
Suspected issue with the charger and they placed it into another car (Demo vehicle) as it was working fine with other chargers.
Checked with my charger and again not working and fuse was off in that vehicle too.
They changed the fuse in my car and checked with another charger and it was working. So, they informed me not to use my charger as it was the culprit.
Next was engine bay inspection and was happy that the engine bay was clean.
All oils were topped up and all general checkup work was done fine. Impressed with the bay cleaning work.
Next, i checked the interiors and was again pissed off looking at old dust in the front and rear floor mats which implied that the interior cleaning was not done properly.

A GM who was doing a general rounds was looking at me near my car while i was taking to the SA, AM for a long time under hot sun came and approached for assistance.
Told him about the complaints and he was given a update from the Body shop SA and Service AM.
He requested to approach him if there are any issues with service and later came to know that he was the CRM incharge there. Thanked for the gesture.

The guys completed the interior cleaning while i was settling my bill (For detailing and claim charge).
Came back and the job was done pretty ok. Since i was in a hurry, i decided to take the vehicle and leave.
They had offered a interior cleaning too when i drop in next time since they were also not happy about it and acknowledge the mistake.

So, took my beast and the journey continues!!![thumbsup]

Attachments

Thanks for the heads up regarding IFFCO TOKIO , will never go with them!

Sad to see the cleaning not upto the mark , i am yet to come across a dealership which does cleaning perfectly. The pictures are not able to give the detailing effect bro , they are looking like after a normal car wash! We need better pictures!

And as we discussed next time detailing your Swift at 3M!

Thread Starter #124
Thanks for the heads up regarding IFFCO TOKIO , will never go with them!
I am also not going with them for the renewal.
Sad to see the cleaning not upto the mark , i am yet to come across a dealership which does cleaning perfectly.
I would say Sundaram Honda, Coimbatore. They do a good job in my experience.
The pictures are not able to give the detailing effect bro , they are looking like after a normal car wash! We need better pictures!
Argh! no Dhaya. The work was done great. It would be felt when you visit the ride personally. Also, a normal wash does not give the glittering and glossy effect IMO.
And as we discussed next time detailing your Swift at 3M!
Yes, we would do it for sure sometimes! Do you have any experience with them?

Your ride is looking great man.
Thanks Shailinder! [:)]

Yes that's what bro , take some pictures where you can show the detailing effect to us. Certain angles will do the trick. I have no experience with 3M but i have seen some of their detailed cars and they did look awesome! Even minor scratches and swirl marks are completely removed. A bit costly but they are professionals in this field so i don't mind paying the slight premium.

Nice Thread truecitylover enjoyed reading the selection process and was traumatised seeing some of the scratches - you are doing the absolutely right thing by fixing them - to hell with ncb i like to see the car spotless ( personally helps me avoid heart break too ) - i simply am heartbroken(and fists clenching) when people cause unnecessary scratches - I propose we create a Jan Carpal bill[;)] - that all people responsible for scratches and dents should be flogged publicly and they should be made to work at a garage fixing the dents!! I am willing to negotiate on this bill too if somebody wants more harsher punishments

Thread Starter #127
Yes that's what bro , take some pictures where you can show the detailing effect to us. Certain angles will do the trick.
Let me try my photography skills. Now bad news - It's raining buddy!!![frustration]

I have no experience with 3M but i have seen some of their detailed cars and they did look awesome! Even minor scratches and swirl marks are completely removed. A bit costly but they are professionals in this field so i don't mind paying the slight premium.
Thats what i have heard so far. City will not be with me from next week. Lets check with the swift sometimes later with belly corrosion treatment.

Nice Thread truecitylover enjoyed reading the selection process and was traumatised seeing some of the scratches - you are doing the absolutely right thing by fixing them - to hell with ncb i like to see the car spotless ( personally helps me avoid heart break too ) - i simply am heartbroken(and fists clenching) when people cause unnecessary scratches -
Thank you for the kind words Amit!
Yes, i get a heart ache when scratches happen in our drive. Yes, to hell with NCB - Realised it lately!!! Every scratch/ dent should be done then and there.

I propose we create a Jan Carpal bill - that all people responsible for scratches and dents should be flogged publicly and they should be made to work at a garage fixing the dents!! I am willing to negotiate on this bill too if somebody wants more harsher punishments
I welcome it. Common bro, lets move it forward [thumbsup]! LOL.

Thread Starter #128
9000 KMs completed!!!

Hello petrolheads,

My beast has completed 9K Kms and still going good. The Power of dreams is going higher and higher.

We did a weekend trip back to hometown to leave my car and take her to Chennai.

FE noticed: 15.8 KMPL in MID. Which can be rounded to 16 KMPL.
No change in anything. Would just say i'm a happy man!!![cheers]

Thread Starter #129
Latest picture of my beast in high resolution. Hope you guys can make out the waxing work done.

BTW, car is again in the service station for the pending paint job in TVS Honda, Coimbatore. Awaiting approval for insurance.

Attachments

Welcome Gdave,I think there is one more CITY guy on board,now I thenk we guys can really form a City/Civic lovers/owners gang..[angry]

Well,I too think that Honda City is having some sort of addiction,why?Because my daily drives also include a Honda City too(a close friends of mine)and the owner of the City has a very City-full past,how?Same as our Truecitylover.His first car was a second hand 2003 Honda City V-tec(My hot favorite) in 2008,then he bought a 2007 Honda City V-Tec in 2009,then he bought a Honda City i-vtec in 2010 and after we people lost the City in an accident,he again bought a used 2011 Honda City i-vtec...
So,we can easily call it the City addiction..

Top Bottom