Story of Dream, Desire & Obsession - The All New Honda City

Thread Starter #108
Damaal...Yet another scratch in my car. Thanks to the small parking enterance of my new house and Dad's miscalculation during parking. Decided to get off the NCB hangover and get all the jobs done ASAP [frustration].

Yes do not worry about NCB, if you feel that scratches and dents are to be removed, get them covered! There is nothing like piece of mind when you see the car daily [:)]

@truecitylover Its really a coincidence that we both have the same last four digits of our Honda. [cheers] The difference is that I'm having City ZX and you are having ANHC.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thread Starter #112
Oh, sad to know about yet another scratch. Hope it isnt a deep one.
Yup Akash. I am getting used to these stuffs. It was not his mistake though. He tried to park the car in my new home and this was his first visit here. I would say it as my hard luck. There is no dent but the wall's paint is stuck to my car now with few scratches.

Yes do not worry about NCB, if you feel that scratches and dents are to be removed, get them covered! There is nothing like piece of mind when you see the car daily [:)]
Would be happy to see my car still brand new. But, can't help few minor incidents when driving in a city like chennai where the roads are built for auto guys and 2 wheelers (No offence folks - Just a frustrating part from me).

@truecitylover Its really a coincidence that we both have the same last four digits of our Honda. [cheers] The difference is that I'm having City ZX and you are having ANHC.
Thats cool Is your number 2233? Btw, i have seen few ANHC with the same number. My old gun is 3344.

Thread Starter #113
Fuelling my drive with Shell petrol these days and i feel a increase of 1-2 KMPL. Did not get a chance to check with the traditional method of tank full to tank full.

About 9K KMs clocked. My drive is still a beauty apart from those scratches that are still pending to be done.

One minor complaint: For about 2-3 seconds after switching on the AC, the air does not smell good (Not foul though - Tolerable). Any recommendations?

Fuelling my drive with Shell petrol these days and i feel a increase of 1-2 KMPL. Did not get a chance to check with the traditional method of tank full to tank full.

About 9K KMs clocked. My drive is still a beauty apart from those scratches that are still pending to be done.

One minor complaint: For about 2-3 seconds after switching on the AC, the air does not smell good (Not foul though - Tolerable). Any recommendations?
Hey are you switching ON re-circulation mode for longer periods.
ESP in rainy seasons, this is the main Reason for foul smell.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #116
Wheel Cap Issue

Petrolheads,

Due to recent heavy rains ongoing in Chennai, water level has increased everywhere.

I had to rev the car in high throttle in first gear near my office, where water activity is literally like a river of 2-3 Feets for about 300 metres.
Today morning when i came and parked my car after i crossed the 'river', i noticed that both the wheel caps in the front had come out.

I did insert them back into the slot and now things seems fine. I want to know how it could happen. Has anyone else faced similar issues?

Now thinking how i would go back home!!![frustration]

Well,once we too had driven the Honda City of our friend in about 1-2 feet deep water due to floods(Near Haridwar in September 2011)and although none of the wheel caps were removed but there was a lot of dirt and some small branches etc etc which either trapped in them or simply deformed them.as a result our front right wheel cap got deformed but not removed so maybe due to this dirt or other waste materials flowing in the flood water had done this to your car.This can result in scratches too,just inspect your car once you reach home you will definitely find one or two of them(My Corolla has many of them due to travel on waterlogged ways).
Don't think of anything,just rev the car and reach home,its good that you haven't lost those wheel caps,if you are quite protective(Definitely I am not at all)then you can remove them and put in the boot while returning as we say prevention is better than cure.

Thread Starter #118
Well,once we too had driven the Honda City of our friend in about 1-2 feet deep water due to floods(Near Haridwar in September 2011)and although none of the wheel caps were removed but there was a lot of dirt and some small branches etc etc which either trapped in them or simply deformed them.as a result our front right wheel cap got deformed but not removed so maybe due to this dirt or other waste materials flowing in the flood water had done this to your car.This can result in scratches too,just inspect your car once you reach home you will definitely find one or two of them(My Corolla has many of them due to travel on waterlogged ways).
Don't think of anything,just rev the car and reach home,its good that you haven't lost those wheel caps,if you are quite protective(Definitely I am not at all)then you can remove them and put in the boot while returning as we say prevention is better than cure.
Thanks for the explanation Vipul!
May be i did not put it in right words. The wheel cap was there in the wheel itself. The holders lost grip and came out. The wheel cap was held by the wheel bolts.

BTW, i already have fel scratches in the wheel cap. So, that would be negligible.

Thanks for the explanation Vipul!
May be i did not put it in right words. The wheel cap was there in the wheel itself. The holders lost grip and came out. The wheel cap was held by the wheel bolts.

BTW, i already have fel scratches in the wheel cap. So, that would be negligible.
Dear I know that,that's the only reason why many people say "City's wheel caps never gets removed"and the advise I gave to you of removing them also has a line "If you are quite protective",the covers get deformed or loose their grip and this will happen.
I am not talking about the scratches on wheel caps but on the bottom end of the doors,the minor scratches arise there if you drive too much on the flooded streets(if the streets have garbage,stones etc.If the road is clean then nothing happens):-
Here is a pic of the way wheel caps loose their side grips:-

Attachments

Top Bottom