Stock Replacement Filter (Cosworth) for i10 Automatic

Thread Starter #1
Hi,

Today I was just searching regarding stock air filter replacement and got to know that there is a brand called cosworth. I saw that it does not require applying oil. My queries are,

1. Is there any advantage of such filter for automatic i10?/
2. Is this a good filter as I normally hear k&n and green cotton only?
3. Should it be good with combination of free flow exhaust? Or I am just guessing?

Re: Stock Replacement Filter(Cosworth) for i10 automatic

Dear amiti,
Am using stock replacement K&N filter in my Alto since a month now. It has definitely improved the low end performance of the car say by around 10%. But remember Alto is 800cc. It really wont make much of a difference in a car above 1000cc.
Even Surfer is using a stock K&N, and you may take his opinion.

A Cold Air Intake(CAI), would mate well with a FFE, not a stock. For that you will need a conical filter with a bit of work on the plumbing so that it actually gets feeded by cold air and not warm air under the hood!
But again, you are holding on to an i10 automatic for the ease of driving and the smooth ride it gives. Why do you wanna disturb that?
The best part about a stock replacement filter is that it doesnt need any kind of alteration and just fits snugly into your air filter box. you can try it, and if you are facing any problems then just switch back to your stock paper based filter!
Just my opinion, may be some real gurus can shed more light..

Last edited:
Hi,

Today I was just searching regarding stock air filter replacement and got to know that there is a brand called cosworth. I saw that it does not require applying oil. My queries are,

1. Is there any advantage of such filter for automatic i10?/ 2-3% increase in power, Sporty sound, lesser service of the filter.
2. Is this a good filter as I normally hear k&n and green cotton only? All the companies are quite similar.
3. Should it be good with combination of free flow exhaust? Or I am just guessing? Free flow is at the end of the engine & this is at the beginning. Both have their effects separately. Together when used you can gain both at the same time & cumulative effect of 1-2% additional.
Only a simple air filter change Particularly the stock replacement filter will increase the power by a HUGE & ENORMOUS 2-3%.

A Cold air Intake can increase upto 10% if the Stock filter box & routing of pipes has lot of restrictions.
However for newer generation cars these gains can be between 5-7% at the most as the stock air intake is well designed.
Please beware of companies claiming big numbers.

For a car with 80bhp The difference will be around 2bhp with a stock replacement filter.
With a cold air intake for the i10 the gain will be under 5bhp as the design is quite good.
With a good FFE & Cold Air Intake combo you could look at an increase of around 10 bhp which is quite good.
The Auto box may become better with this increase in Power & torque.

Only a simple air filter change Particularly the stock replacement filter will increase the power by a HUGE & ENORMOUS 2-3%.
Agree : stock replacement filter are costlier but easy to install

A Cold air Intake can increase upto 10% if the Stock filter box & routing of pipes has lot of restrictions.With a good FFE & Cold Air Intake combo you could look at an increase of around 10 bhp which is quite good.The Auto box may become better with this increase in Power & torque.
Yes, Please check that you get proper tuner mechanic. FFF and Cold air intake is very good, But this also increases 'sound' and the total cost is much higher approx 12k+

Top Bottom