Still I Miss Her, My First Car My Maruti 800 ('99)

It was good to read Boy instead of Man [lol]
Well well. So you are considering yourself a boy[;)].

Anyways, nice writeup and yes 800 was most economical car. I had owned two 800's. One which was older version and the next 5 speed one. This 5 speed was very good to drive.

Thread Starter #19
@ Mumbaikar, amiti It was good to read your comments!
Boy or a Man, Maruti or Vista, Its the same me! My passion will grow with the age and that will keep me young at heart!

@dodge_viper- my M800 did come with 2 keys but this used to happen at out-station. and the other key would be secure in the cupboard at home:biggrin:

i remembered our 800 but it was the model before this one over heated 4 times 2 times being the fan motor jammed 1 time electrical issue and one time the water pump but never blew its gasket. very rigid car cheap spares and good average i used to spend hours cleaning her loved every bit of it.
on the other hand my aveo had a leak in the radiator and over heated and once the connector melted and it over heated after that my oil had coolant mixed in it. 45k for a head gasket change and machining by chevy service.

Thread Starter #25
i remembered our 800 but it was the model before this one over heated 4 times 2 times being the fan motor jammed 1 time electrical issue and one time the water pump but never blew its gasket. very rigid car cheap spares and good average i used to spend hours cleaning her loved every bit of it.
on the other hand my aveo had a leak in the radiator and over heated and once the connector melted and it over heated after that my oil had coolant mixed in it. 45k for a head gasket change and machining by chevy service.
45 k for gasket! One can buy used Maruti 800 for 50 k, that too in good condition. Ask me, I sold mine for 55k.

Drivetech4@ I'm facing the same problem (point to point mentioned in your story) in my M800 (1999). Today, the mechanic informed me to replace the head, due to minor cracks (due to overheating). Hopefully, he'll find one from scrap market.

Top Bottom