Steering System - Types, Pros & Cons

Thread Starter #31
A bit tight is the steering wheel, which in time gets to its normal.
Rack bush replacement shouldn't cause any difference in steering effort, unless it is wrongly handled during assembly. How was it clamped during bush removal and new bush fitments?
Required to change some more parts including the front left shock absorber, arm assy, Plunger, front stabilizer, etc. and the total cost came up to Rs.14,800.
What is that plunger?
Shock absorber and lower arm replacement is justified (considering the mileage) why is stabilizer changed? was there any damage to it?
Im not satisfied with the maintenance being done to a car that has run only 60,000 km and I have always maintained my car to perfection. So now planning to get a new car from the Hyundai stable. Lets see. I wrote a letter to MS informing of my displeasure in response to their letter and change of brand.
Don't fire a house for mosquito.
If there are no other issues with your current car, getting a brand new steering assy is more or less same as your 1st year insurance for the brand new car. But finally the choice is yours.
It will depend on their rim dia.
Nothing to do with the rim dia until the overall circumference of the tire is maintained same as the stock spec. It's the wheel offset which has higher impact on steering and suspension.

Since this is a thread dedicated to steering, may be you guys can answer. In the new Baleno hatchback, at highway speeds, the car wants to drift one way & then the other. So say you feel the car drifting left. You make a right correction and then centre but then it drifts right. So you make a left correction and centre but now it drifts left again. Is this slop in the steering servo? Many owners are reporting this. But maruti says a little drift left or right every 40 metres is normal!

Ameyam

bhvm

Honoured Member
Ameyam,
Is this happening while accelerating hard?
Then what you are experiencing is Torque steer. Its pretty common in FWD cars. Just upgrade your tyres with more grip and it should go away.

Otherwise, It maybe that Aliignment/Balancing of your front wheels is not correct. Did you hit a pothole/Speed breaker at high speed?

Another query (May be bit off topic)

Recently heard that in case of EPS systems, after alignment there is a reset switch thereby the new alignment based tuning is coded.
I usually give my 2015 model swift to MRF dealership run Alignment cemtre,but i haven't reset any thing.

Does this mean that i need to give alignment to ASS ?[confused]

It isint Torque steer. Driving at any speed above 60-70, with the steering wheel centered, the car slowly moves into the one side lane first. Naturally, you correct it and then again bring the wheel to centre. Now pulls slowly into the other lane and so on.

I had my car alignment checked at 1st service at the MASS and also outside at a bridgestone dealer. But this issue doesnt go away

Ameyam

bhvm

Honoured Member
there could be a taper in the roads you drive. its confusing the auto self centering mechanism. it's common to have unscientific tapers on Indian roads.

did you observe the same at 120 plus on nice new highway?

I drove the car on the expressway (Pune-Mumbai, concrete road) when I noticed this. I was doing between 90 and 120. Then I drove on the Eastern Express highway (city highway) on a crowned tar road and the same thing

Ameyam

Don't fire a house for mosquito.
If there are no other issues with your current car, getting a brand new steering assy is more or less same as your 1st year insurance for the brand new car. But finally the choice is yours.
That's what I say to everybody. We need to consider the new car loan, depreciation and insurance too which will have more financial impact than repairing the existing car..

One more thing, the problem is there with other brands too. Any noise from the steering rack, asc will ask for replacement. I never heard of asc's repairing the eps systems. And here a question raises in my mind. Is steering rack rattling repairable? Or it should be replaced?

Hello All,

I got an issue with my Chevrolet Beat Diesel Steering System, It is an Electronic Power Steering

I want a Steering Torque Sensor for my Beat 2012 Diesel Model. Can any one help where can I get the same in Online Stores or any Stores in Cochin. In ASC they only give a full set of Steering Column which will cost around 30K.
Try some scrap yard, such as Pattalam market in Thrissur, I am not sure where will you get in cochin though. I think it will be available. My alto got some problem with the steering and ASS told me to change the entire assy. But my service executive managed to get a used part somehow and fixed it with very less amount of money.

Try some scrap yard, such as Pattalam market in Thrissur, I am not sure where will you get in cochin though. I think it will be available. My alto got some problem with the steering and ASS told me to change the entire assy. But my service executive managed to get a used part somehow and fixed it with very less amount of money.

Getting Spare Scrap for Chevrolet Beat is bit difficult, I tried in Online but didnt get any good websites.

Top Bottom