Starting My Own Scooter Gang – Is Rodeo Perfect Choice?

Thread Starter #1
I am from Shimla.... and I was planning to start my own scooter gang !!! which I know is a little different but cool concept irrespective of what people might think... anyway @ people who agree with me - what do u think about mahindra rodeo? is it good to have it??[confused]

Re: Starting my scooter gang, so will mahindra rodeo be a perfect choice ??

I just started another thread about mahindra flyte. You can watch that thread also closely as rodeo and flyte are almost same except for the digital/analog report of the speedo and odo.

Feel free to share your thoughts on the pros and cons in my thread

I have rodeo and its not good at all , so many problems in just 11months of ownership. Battery problem, strange noise from engine, just 3 ltr tank, very low gc and so on. I suggest you to stay away from it.

lxi.

Suspended

Yup buddy. Stay away from Rodeo, its too overpriced for the features it offers. What price OTR are you getting rodeo in Lucknow?

@sai crdi, also there is a front mudguard in rodeo which is missing in the flyte.

The Flyte has 2 petrol tanks as per the manual and technical spec. the bottom tank has 2.7 ltrs and top tank has 2.2. ltrs approx. The fuel guage also shows 2 tanks (but reading for only the bottom tank). Is this the same case with rodeo?

guys if you can wait, & want a retro style bike wait for piaggio. it looks hot. planning to trade in my activa for it.

ofcourse one cannot go wrong with the activa. its a true work horse.

Agreed that Activa would be a proven choice. Also do check out Wego and Access. Have used both the vehicles since a year and quite happy. I love the handling part in Wego. Havent lost confidence while braking till date with Wego.

The Rodeo is not a bad product but frankly, there are better options available.

My point is that not even a single vehicle is perfect. If the build quality and handling is better (essentials what we look in a scooter thing) then rest goes by the way how we maintain the vehicle. Of course we have lots of happy faces by owning activa. But there are still people who crib about that.

I wonder why is that nobody in our forum (read as the people with techincal understanding) vouch for mahindra scooters? Are they really so bad that nobody likes them?

My point is that not even a single vehicle is perfect. If the build quality and handling is better (essentials what we look in a scooter thing) then rest goes by the way how we maintain the vehicle. Of course we have lots of happy faces by owning activa. But there are still people who crib about that.

I wonder why is that nobody in our forum (read as the people with techincal understanding) vouch for mahindra scooters? Are they really so bad that nobody likes them?
There were 2 owners who didn't vouch for Rodeo, And even we had an old activa which is reliable over the years, offcourse all service are done in 3000 kms range.

With access the demo vehicle turned me down, by not switching ON and i needed to press it hard.

First impression is always a best impression.

I agree with the quote "First impression is always best".

When i tested the activa long back, it felt too good. those were the days when we had few underpowered and conventional models like, tvs champ/50, scooty, kinetic honda etc. in the gearless segment. So far there are few cosmetic changes done on activa and it has evolved to what it is today.

TVS Wego is definitely a nice model. Handles better and am sure it will impress many in the first few minutes.

But when compared with the 125 cc engine of mahindra, the power and ride quality stands apart from the proven competitors. This impressed me really

I started another thread to understand better on the term which i see more often in about mahindra scooters. "It gives many problems". Digging deeper, the listed prolblems are buzzer not working, mirror fell down, not starting in the morning etc.

I believe these are minor niggles ( i dont include the concerning petrol tank leak issue in the above etc. Of course that is a negative point)and are very cosmetic. Just imaine the car scene for a mere comparison. We have fuel pump failing, steering column failure, engine failure, turbo failure etc. which really matter. Is there any such real "Critical" problem with the engine or fuel pump?

Please share your thoughts

Re: Starting My Scooter Gang, So will Mahindra Rodeo be a Perfect Choice??

hey starting a scooter gang is a very cool idea!! a lot has been said about rodeo above but honestly my brother owns a rodeo for the last 6 months and he love it. i have also driven it and found it really smooth and comfortable, you will enjoy the rush when you hit the throttle!! and the safety issue is also taken care of. its a very good choice considering the price and range of colors its available in. go ahead and buy it. you would also love it. all the best for you gang!!

hey nice initiative bro. Running your own scooter gang sounds very cool, mahindra rodeo is a good option indeed. it gives very smooth ride *got a chance to ride it twice or thrice*. most amazing thing i love about rodeo is its's USB port feature. mahindra has thought very well of concept.

Top Bottom