SsangYong (M&M) Rexton Launched at 17.67 Lakhs.

re: SsangYong (M&M) Rexton Launched at 17.67 Lakhs.

Launch on 17th October: the same day as Storme's launch[surprise].

Can anyone smell something fishy here? Mahindra wants to distract people from Storme's launch! This tells me one thing though Mahindra are worried about Storme,they know if TATA prices it well then perhaps R.I.P to good ol' Scorpio,and hence they are trying their level best to divert attention from Storme.
You may be right in saying this. But no one is going gaga over launch of rexton all over internet. It is storme everywhere, much awaited launch. [clap]

You may be right in saying this. But no one is going gaga over launch of rexton all over internet. It is storme everywhere, much awaited launch. [clap]
Knowing how well MnM manages their PR,rest to sure that the media will go gaga over Rexton on the day of its launch and perhaps totally overlook the Storme:(-

Knowing how well MnM manages their PR,rest to sure that the media will go gaga over Rexton on the day of its launch and perhaps totally overlook the Storme:(-
Yes. But the curiosity among the people is more about Storme and many of them don't even know a anything about Rexton. [lol]

Rexton?? Sounds like a Dino (Rex) having a ton weight. [lol]

350Z

Core Team

Mahindra has confirmed to us through mail that SsangYong Rexton debuts on 17 October. You can expect a comprehensive coverage on TAI as usual. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Mahindra has confirmed to us through mail that SsangYong Rexton debuts on 17 October. You can expect a comprehensive coverage on TAI as usual. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z
I am smelling not so good smoke from M & M, especially when Storme is launched this day. Seems M & M doesn't want to give Storme media highlight.

BTW, it will be fantastic if Storme is launched on 16 or 18th...it will be POPAT for M & M. [lol]

I hope M&M is launching new gen Rexton ie the face-lifted version. Although the SUV has got premium looks, i wish it is priced carefully and lesser than the Storme. If done, i am sure M&M will have another hot seller in its hands. I am eagerly waiting for this launch.

I hope M&M is launching new gen Rexton ie the face-lifted version. Although the SUV has got premium looks, i wish it is priced carefully and lesser than the Storme. If done, i am sure M&M will have another hot seller in its hands. I am eagerly waiting for this launch.
Rexton is 18L+. No way can it compete with Storme on pricing.
And hard to fight likes of Fortuner at higher end as ping-pong is unknown in India.

you mean they must price it at 8 lakhs ? Since you are expecting it lesser then storme.

They will price it in range of 17-20lakhs.

350Z

Core Team

I am smelling not so good smoke from M & M, especially when Storme is launched this day. Seems M & M doesn't want to give Storme media highlight.
That’s true. Mahindra’s plan could also turn upside down if Storme snatches most of the limelight since it is an equally much awaited product. Rexton (from an unknown maker like SsangYong) would be nothing in India without Mahindra’s brand name. Probably that’s the reason Mahindra has also added their name besides its logo at least on the teaser website which is now online (High End Premium SUV - SsangYong Rexton By Mahindra).

SsangYong Rexton by Mahindra - Exclusive high-end SUV-Teaser 1 - YouTube

Ssang-Yong-Rexton-Website-India.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

^^ I hope that M & M Rexton turns out to be a flop show, which I think would be in anycase. Ping-pong dinosaur from makers of scorpio. [lol]
Maybe we can also see something like Buffalo as new UV from M & M.[lol]

We have ScorpiO, DinO, 5OO, BolerO, QuantO & in future BuffalO !

^^ I hope that M & M Rexton turns out to be a flop show, which I think would be in anycase. Ping-pong dinosaur from makers of scorpio. [lol]

if just adding an acronym to an old product makes it look a class higher than all available, then sure any name would do, as long it sells(in multiples to the competition), why should M & M complain? [:)]

I have seen the Rexton in Australia and by no means its high end or anything. The new model looks really better then the old one but still can't match the storme look forget fortuner and captiva.

While I understand your annoyance to Mahindra's naming convention and i am not averse to naming humour, i fail to understand why anyone(unless you are working for a shivering competitor) hopes a product to fail pre launch with no qualification whatsoever.

We should be rather proud of our native manufacturers going all out and doing world wide acquisitions(Mahindra and Tata being best examples). As automotive enthusiasts I would rather want new products to succeed and shake up competition rather so that we as customers get the best value for money. As much as i love the Fortuner I would be thrilled to see a worthy competitor giving it a harder time (i aint proclaiming Rexton will be one but generally) - how else can be get better products and more value for money.

I find your post distasteful to be perfectly honest and urge you to rethink.
Dont misunderstand me but you do have the right to thrash the Rexton for the flaws it has, but lets put forward those facts vis-a-vis price at launch.

Just hoping a product would fail isn't a statement an automotive enthusiast would make, i am sorry to say that. Also just because something is Korean or Chinese or German doesnt make it inherently good or bad.

While I understand your annoyance to Mahindra's naming convention and i am not averse to naming humour, i fail to understand why anyone(unless you are working for a shivering competitor) hopes a product to fail pre launch with no qualification whatsoever.

We should be rather proud of our native manufacturers going all out and doing world wide acquisitions(Mahindra and Tata being best examples). As automotive enthusiasts I would rather want new products to succeed and shake up competition rather so that we as customers get the best value for money. As much as i love the Fortuner I would be thrilled to see a worthy competitor giving it a harder time (i aint proclaiming Rexton will be one but generally) - how else can be get better products and more value for money.

I find your post distasteful to be perfectly honest and urge you to rethink.
Dont misunderstand me but you do have the right to thrash the Rexton for the flaws it has, but lets put forward those facts vis-a-vis price at launch.

Just hoping a product would fail isn't a statement an automotive enthusiast would make, i am sorry to say that. Also just because something is Korean or Chinese or German doesnt make it inherently good or bad.
+100

even a "chinese" volvo has better safety standards when compared to their german segment competitors. and even then people calling them names for being "chinese" does make reading such posts leave a bitter taste.

Top Bottom