SsangYong (M&M) Rexton Launched at 17.67 Lakhs.

Mahindra Rexton to be launched in INDIA

As per sources M&M have confirmed that the much awaited SUV from SsangYong, the Rexton has been decided to be launched during the Indian festive season, Diwali.

We have to wait and see if M&M launches the old model or the facelift Model and also with what name the vehicle is launched.Have to wait to see if launched as SSangyong Rexton or M&M SSangyong Rexton.

The Rexton has been said to be coming with the Mercedes- sourced 2.7-litre, in-line, five- cylinder Turbo diesel engine, mated to a five-speed automatic tranmission that produces 165 Brake horsepower, which is in fact lesser than majority of the players available in the segement. This might also come in a five-speed or Six Speed manual transmission.Although, the engine in the Rexton is an in-line layout, expecting a good fuel economy. It will be coming in all wheel drive (AWD) option,and the all required goodies like Hill Decent Control,Cruise control,Six Airbags,Bluetooth connectivity and all the features available with M&M XUV 500.The expected price range is 16-18 lakhs which will be direct competitor for Fortuner,Captiva,Endevour,Santa-fe.
Here are some pictures of the Rexton(both old and face-lifted)

Note:Please move or merge this thread if required.

Attachments

re: SsangYong (M&M) Rexton Launched at 17.67 Lakhs.

The facelifted Rexton looks amazing and would not be a very bad option even if priced at 20-22 Lacs on road.

I somehow feel M&M would name it as Mahindra SsangYong Rexton or maybe SsangYong Rexton by Mahinda (Logan). I would prefer Mahindra Rexton.

Look's like Mahindra can not do anything wrong at this moment, Even i am very curious to know what strategy Mahindra will use when it comes to branding Ssangyong product's.

I have seen both old and new in Australia the new 1 looks better then old but all depends on pricing too .
Even i feel new one has a much palatable design than it's predecessors', hoping Mahindra prices it well and take on the mighty Fortuner

Even i feel new one has a much palatable design than it's predecessors', hoping Mahindra prices it well and take on the mighty Fortuner
Shall I be honest my subjective opinion is atleast look wise it's not even close to fortuner it looks good but dosent have that smashing presence it looks better then the ford endeavor but IMHO the captiva , fortuner look more smashing .

News » Mahindra to launch Ssangyong Rexton this Diwali

Back at the beginning of 2012, Mahindra & Mahindra had made an official statement which revealed the Indian car maker's product launch plans for the financial year 2012-13. The company had said that it will be launching a range of its mobility products this year including vehicles in personal as well as the commercial vehicles segment.*One of the most anticipated launches from Mahindra would be the SsangYong Rexton which it had showcased at the Delhi Auto Expo this year.*

The Rexton is powered by a 2.7-liter (2696cc) DOHC common rail turbo diesel which comes in two states of tune- 165PS and 186PS, both at 4000 rpm. The torque output in the two engines variants is rated at 340NM and 402Nm at 2400 rpm. The top of the line variant will come with a Mercedes Benz 5-speed T-Tronic automatic transmission and real time all wheel drive. The lower spec models will be available with a manual 5-speed transmission and part time 4WD.*Mahindra plans to get the Rexton to us via CKD route.*

The Rexton comes feature-loaded and here we have the list of the features on offer-*

Exterior Features
•** *Rear wiper and demister
•** *Roof rails
•** *Rear and front parking sensors
•** *High mount brake warning lamp
•** *Real Time All Wheel Drive
•** *Wraparound quarter glasses flanking the rear windscreen for style
•** *Fog lamps
•** *Projector headlamp
•** *Stepping board for easy ingress
•** *Side rub rails, with chrome strip below it
•** *Body coloured door handles
•** *Flared wheel arches, for a brawny appearance
•** *10 Spoke 18 inch alloy wheel P255 / 60R 18 (for the top spec version caught testing). Lower spec models come with 16” wheels

Interior Features
•** *7-seater
•** *A/C vents for second and third row
•** *Third row has decent leg room, though does not have proper seats
•** *Cruise control
•** *Electric windows (front & rear)
•** *Power folding door mirrors
•** *Electrically adjustable door mirrors
•** *Leather steering wheel
•** *Headlight levelling system
•** *Centre storage console
•** *Two 12V DC power outlets
•** *Heated windscreen
•** *Remote - keyless entry
•** *Space saver spare wheel
•** *Seatbelt reminder
•** *Auto climate control air conditioning
•** *Steering wheel audio controls
•** *Kenwood Double Din single CD, RDS Radio with USB* - 6 Speakers
•** *(Optional) Kenwood Full touch-screen single CD, RDS Radio with navigation
•** *Leather upholstery
•** *Front seat 4-way head restraints
•** *60:40 split folding 2nd row of seats
•** *Luggage cover & net barrier
•** *Front sunvisors with illuminated passenger mirror

Safety
•** *ABS with EBD (Electronic Brake Distribution)
•** *ESP (Electronic Stability Programme) with ARP (Active Rollover Protection)
•** *HDC (Hill Descent Control)
•** *Door impact beams
•** *Dual airbags (front)
•** *Side airbags (front)
•** *Disc brakes on all 4 wheels
•** *Speed sensing power assisted steering
•** *Alarm & immobiliser

Source
Mahindra to launch Ssangyong Rexton and Mini Xylo this Diwali | Motoroids

OFFICIAL: MAHINDRA TO LAUNCH SSANGYONG REXTON W SUV IN INDIA ON 17TH OCTOBER 2012!

what a month October is turning out to be 3 big launches in one month[clap]

OFFICIAL: MAHINDRA TO LAUNCH SSANGYONG REXTON W SUV IN INDIA ON 17TH OCTOBER 2012!

what a month October is turning out to be 3 big launches in one month[clap]
seems they want to steal the limelight from the storme [;)]

But whats expected price range of Rexton, I think I have read it some other place that Rexton is of price bracket 22 lacs (I may be wrong in saying this). So the competition of Rexton is with Fortuner not Storme. [;)]

But whats expected price range of Rexton, I think I have read it some other place that Rexton is of price bracket 22 lacs (I may be wrong in saying this). So the competition of Rexton is with Fortuner not Storme. [;)]
Yes,the Rexton will take on the likes of Fortuner and Pajero Sport

October 17 launch confirmed by Autocar.

Last edited by a moderator:

But whats expected price range of Rexton, I think I have read it some other place that Rexton is of price bracket 22 lacs (I may be wrong in saying this). So the competition of Rexton is with Fortuner not Storme.
I doubt how many would buy M & M for 20+L [thinking]. Chances are it may turn out to be M & M version of Aria. [lol]

Launch on 17th October: the same day as Storme's launch[surprise].

Can anyone smell something fishy here? Mahindra wants to distract people from Storme's launch! This tells me one thing though Mahindra are worried about Storme,they know if TATA prices it well then perhaps R.I.P to good ol' Scorpio,and hence they are trying their level best to divert attention from Storme.

Top Bottom