SsangYong (M&M) Rexton Launched at 17.67 Lakhs.

re: SsangYong (M&M) Rexton Launched at 17.67 Lakhs.

Interiors are nice and rich , this car is being tested in Chennai?!! Have to keep my eyes wide open from now.

AMG

Suspended

A few days back, I was heading back home (in Mumbai) when I saw this unusual looking machine entering the same lane as mine. Now you cannot mistake the Ssangyong machines for anything else, for they have very distinctive (though not always beautiful) design language and lines. Also, having visited South Korea quite a few times, I have seen these things in action, so it didn’t take me much to realize what it was. Mahindra, after having taken over Sssagyong, are planning to launch this SUV, along with its Korando cousin. The Rexton is a more premium product of the two, and comes with not just great features but a stonking 2.7-liter turbo diesel engine with class-leading (in India) power and torque.

The 2.7-liter (2696cc) DOHC common rail turbo diesel powering this on-test Rexton comes in two states of tune producing 165PS and 186PS, both at 4000 rpm. The torque output in the two engines variants is rated at 340NM and 402Nm at 2400 rpm. Now the car that was caught testing was the top of the line, 270 SPR Auto variant featuring the highest output engine mated with Mercedes Benz 5-speed T-Tronic automatic transmission. The car come equipped with real time all wheel drive. There are lower specs models available too, with manual 5-speed transmission and part time 4WD. Interesting, ain’t it?

From whatever info is available on date, Mahindra plans to launch the Rexton and Korando-C SUVs in India by early 2012. The two SUVs will be brought to the country as CKDs and will be assembled at Mahindra’s new plant at Chakan near Pune.

The Rexton packs in some really serious piece of kit and when launched in India, we are quite sure that it will compete with the premium SUV pack, comprising the likes of the Mitsubishi Outalnder and the CR-V. In fact with the features and specs the Rexton boast, even placing them slightly above won’t be unjustified. Here’s the list of the features that the Rexton boasts.

Exterior Features
• Extremely low loading lip for the hatch
• Rear wiper and demister
• Roof rails
• Rear and front parking sensors
• High mount brake warning lamp
• Real Time All Wheel Drive
• Wraparound quarter glasses flanking the rear windscreen for style
• Fog lamps
• Projector headlamp
• Stepping board for easy ingress
• Side rub rails, with chrome strip below it
• Body coloured door handles
• Flared wheel arches, for a brawny appearance
• 10 Spoke 18 inch alloy wheel P255 / 60R 18 (for the top spec version caught testing). Lower spec models come with 16” wheels

Interior Features
• 7-seater
• A/C vents for second and third row
• Third row has decent leg room, though does not have proper seats
• Cruise control
• Electric windows (front & rear)
• Power folding door mirrors
• Electrically adjustable door mirrors
• Leather steering wheel
• Headlight levelling system
• Centre storage console
• Two 12V DC power outlets
• Heated windscreen
• Remote – keyless entry
• Space saver spare wheel
• Seatbelt reminder
• Auto climate control air conditioning
• Steering wheel audio controls
• Kenwood Double Din single CD, RDS Radio with USB – 6 Speakers
• (Optional) Kenwood Full touch-screen single CD, RDS Radio with navigation
• Leather upholstery
• Front seat 4-way head restraints
• 60:40 split folding 2nd row of seats
• Luggage cover & net barrier
• Front sunvisors with illuminated passenger mirror
Safety
• ABS with EBD (Electronic Brake Distribution)
• ESP (Electronic Stability Programme) with ARP (Active Rollover Protection)
• HDC (Hill Descent Control)
• Door impact beams
• Dual airbags (front)
• Side airbags (front)
• Disc brakes on all 4 wheels
• Speed sensing power assisted steering
• Alarm & immobiliser
Mechanical
• Mercedes Benz 5-speed T-Tronic automatic
• AWD
• IRS
Source: Motoroids

The cover which is placed below the front seat has Tamil written on it , saw i thought it was Chennai AMG.[:)]

Packed with features will be worth considering if priced rightly but being a CKD i think its going to be costlier!

PS: Aria has most of the features.[:)]

Ssangyong .. they are not doing that good in australia

if you guys know they take engines from Merc

The SUV is looking nice. Even the feature list is pretty impressive. The pricing will play key role in deciding the fate of SUV.

350Z

Core Team

Interiors look really nice and luxurious. I like the circular design on the central console. In fact, the SsangYong logo is nice too. Just hope for the best for this SUV.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Saw this suv near my house ,[confused]think its ssangyong rexton ,sorry phone camera picture ,tried to take front pic but driver zoomed off and then to my surprise two more of these covered badge suvs started honking for way.All had MH registration.

View attachment 18179
It will be having MH registration as it will be manufactured at Chakan, Pune.
I know a guy who works in M & M. Will ask about Rexton & will update you accordingly.

Btw, it is high time now that M & M manufactures car/sedan.

BS Motoring who have well-placed sources in Mahindra, informed their Facebook fans a few days of days back that Indian UV major has changed its mind on the Rexton launch.

The company is reportedly now considering the Rexton W for the Indian market. This could be after a lukewarm response the pre-facelift’s outdated looks received at the Auto Expo.

The Rexton W on the other hand gained positive praise from the online media during its reveal at the Busan Auto Show. The facelift has certainly unlocked a new lease of life in the car and can help it play out respectfully till the all-new Rexton is ready by mid-decade.

Read more: Ssangyong Rexton W (facelift) to come to India instead?

I am almost sure this news is true. My friends from M&M have told me that the reason M&M did not launch the Rexton is because they wanted to wait for the Rexton W. Now it does not make sense to launch the outdated model here.

Top Bottom