Spotted a Leopard at BR Hills: Travelogue Benguluru BR Hills and more

Thread Starter #1
Folks,

I spotted a "real" yes "real" Leopard at BR Hills in my recent trip to BR Hills. It was an unbelievable sighting and an excellent experience. We spotted the Leopard during our Safari ride into the dense forest of BR Hills/K.Gudi. The cat was around 200mtrs away from us when we spotted it.

I'm in process of writing a blog and will paste the travelogue here as well once done. Till then I'm excited [:D] to share the Leopard pictures with you. enjoy...

Amit

Attachments

I have seen few elephants, peacock and some beautiful birds around K.G. Gudi, but this is 'Extra-ordinary'. I believe its the fastest among the 4 big cats. Those are brilliant pictures. Waiting for the rest of the story. I'm sure, this must be a lucky day for you. How far was this place from K.G.Gudi?

350Z

Core Team
Great captures. I’m fond of forest safaris but haven’t been lucky enough to spot a member of big cat family. Now looking forward to see rest of the pictures and experiences.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Great catch Amit! I also have not seen a leopard in open anywhere, it must have been a great sighting for you!
Waiting for more on the story!

Thread Starter #6
I have seen few elephants, peacock and some beautiful birds around K.G. Gudi, but this is 'Extra-ordinary'. I believe its the fastest among the 4 big cats. Those are brilliant pictures. Waiting for the rest of the story. I'm sure, this must be a lucky day for you. How far was this place from K.G.Gudi?

Yeah, I was purely lucky to spot a Leopard at the first time. Other spottings were great too in the wild forest. It altogether a different experience to see these animals in open forest than in Zoo's.. so was lovely and exciting.

Excellent pic Amit,

I envy you really I have spend many sleepless night just to take a look of big leopard but I was not lucky enough. I got pugmarks, ****, hairs, nail scratching signs, many evidences which proved the existence of leopards but not the real leopard.

And here you have seen and able to catch in camera.
Hats off to you Amit. [clap]

Great sighting and nicely captured in the camera. You need to be lucky, really lucky to get these views.

The leopard is not the fastest of the cats. In fact it is the cheetah which can pick up speeds upto 109 k/hr. The leopard is known more for its flexibility in adaptation and hence can be found in many parts of the World. The Cheetah on the other hand is facing extinction and is only restricted to Africa.

Am not a Wildlife expert. Pl correct me if I am wrong

Good spotting! Please do post your travelogue. Yeah Cheetah's speed is btw 110-120 km/hr and found mostly in Africa and parts of Middle east

@Amit:
Those are some superb pics showing a leopard in its natural surroundings.
Hasn't it reacted after it noticed you people?

:kewlpics:

Rest,in one of my safari I too have taken some snaps..one was in Ranthambor(Rajasthan) and other was in Rajaji(Uttarakhand)..but due to mobile phone camera and excessive zooming some of them are spoiled,still posting them:-

Attachments

Thread Starter #11
TSIVipul,

Yeah the Leopard did react by looking/staring at us for more than couple of minutes and then maybe realised that there is no threat form us and went back to sleep. Good there was no other reaction from the cat else my kids would have been scared too much... anyway they were still and calm for those 5~10mins. I have never seen them that calm otherwise :))

Hey this thread is turning out to be a wildlife photologue in a autophorom.

Very often we relate our vehicles to these magnificent beasts. Now here they are in flesh.

Really enjoying them.

TSIVipul,

Yeah the Leopard did react by looking/staring at us for more than couple of minutes and then maybe realised that there is no threat form us and went back to sleep. Good there was no other reaction from the cat else my kids would have been scared too much... anyway they were still and calm for those 5~10mins. I have never seen them that calm otherwise :))
wow great pics! he was staring..well you are lucky not only because you saw but also he didn't reacted after seeing u!! [;)]

Top Bottom