Spots on Windshield Due To Hard Water

Thread Starter #16
Will you please let me know where are these Dazlac compound and the waste cotton available? In which shop shall I look for them? May I try these to clean the headlights as well?
Dazlac is an localy manufactured product near Cochin. so please check similar product near your location.

Last edited:
How To Clean Water Residue from Windshield?

Hello dear fellow TAI ians.

Can some body tell me how to remove the water marks from the front windshield.

I am experiencing severe problem with night driving especially when it rains. The water residues from the last rain/ other chemicals etc. are leaving a white mark which is invisible during day time. But makes big problem with opposite high beams. I couldn't see a thing on the road.

How to overcome this big issue.[confused]

Experts, Please throw some light here.

Re: Cleaning front windshield from water residue

use a micro fibre cloth to wipe your windshield. then you wont have any water residue marks.

i use the 3m one which retails for Rs.99/-

350Z

Core Team
Re: Cleaning front windshield from water residue

I am experiencing severe problem with night driving especially when it rains. The water residues from the last rain/ other chemicals etc. are leaving a white mark which is invisible during day time. But makes big problem with opposite high beams. I couldn't see a thing on the road.
Efficient cleaning with help of a soft (preferably micro-fibre) cloth works well enough for me. If the windows are wet, wipe off the droplets with a normal cloth and then immediately clean them with the micro-fibre cloth. You can also use the newspapers in emergency.

Drive Safe,
350Z

But I think it stick permanently to the front glass. I tried Vinegar water mixture. I had Let it stay there for a while and wiped off using news paper.
Still the marks are there. Any Idea about this?

And another thing I found is that the area where the wiper blades travel, is having lesser percentage of marks than the rest of the portions.

350Z

Core Team
Rub hard. This could also be due to hard water. Please check previous posts for a possible solution.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #27
Re: How To Clean Water Residue from Windshield?

Hello dear fellow TAI ians.

Can some body tell me how to remove the water marks from the front windshield.

How to overcome this big issue.[confused]

Experts, Please throw some light here.
are you using water from borewell ?

Not really. Its normal water. I think it is because of previous rains and it dried before i could remove it completely.
From where you got this rubbing compound near Thrissur? Is it making any scratches after applying, which could affect night driving?

Thread Starter #29
Not really. Its normal water. I think it is because of previous rains and it dried before i could remove it completely.
From where you got this rubbing compound near Thrissur? Is it making any scratches after applying, which could affect night driving?
you can get it from biju & co at palace road. after rubbing wash properly and wipe with tissue paper. I am not facing any problems while night or day time.

Top Bottom