Spots on Windshield Due To Hard Water

Thread Starter #1
Hi all am facing white spot issue on all glasses , i tried to remove these spots with Shampoo, thinner, 3M Liquid Wax, washing at service center but no hope. I am using water from bore well and company service center guys told me that its problem with bore well water. Attaching some images for a clear view of problem. please share some knowledge on this

Attachments

lxi.

Suspended
Re: Windshield with white spots

What! Have never seen such before. Do clean it with Colin. Maybe it helps.

I feel its problem with bore well water as the white spots are also present in the Plastic (Handle) of the car. Use RO water for the places of white spots (Not the whole car).
Good Luck.

This is due to use of bore well water (hard water). This might be due to washing the car and leaving it t dry with out wiping out the water.

Just spray colin/ any glass cleaner just spread it with your hand (rub it on those white patches on the glass) leave it untill it dries. now wipe it with a damp cloth.
I have done this before, hope it helps you.

Those are some hard water stains, they can be easily removed by windshield cleaners available in market. Further more, they can be ignominiously removed with the use of lemon, though i would recommend cleaners anyday.

Yes this is due to hard water and then the stains dried up since the water was not entirely wiped of. I would say use paper with some windshield cleaner (which are available easily in the market).
paper makes glass more cleaner than the cloth.

Always clean the car in shade.

If you clean the car in sunny weather these conditions are inevitable.

Thread Starter #8

please suggest me some good windshield cleaners that available in kerala

get some cheap cigarettes, open 3-4 of them to take the tobacco out. rub it gently on the impacted areas in small circular motion. Wipe with a clean dry soft cloth. You will notice the diff. immediately. repeat few times for areas that are more impacted.

freakdude.

350Z

Core Team
Please vigorously clean the windows with a soft cloth after applying Colin. You can also rub with a newspaper later on. Hope it helps.

Drive Safe,
350Z

lxi.

Suspended
This must have happened because of the Water not wiped and it dried. My Car also has this. Again, Apply water on the area and rub tightly with a cloth. For the Glasses, Use the Newspaper with Colin/Water! Hope it helps!

Thread Starter #12
Today went to reputed accessory shops at thrissur and most of them unable to remove it and came back to home on afternoon. At 4 pm got an idea , there is a small workshop with with car wash facility near my home and went to that shop and asked with them. They tested with a water compound rubbing and its working. and they gave me an estimate of INR 1000/-. I asked them to reduce the amount and they are not willing to do so . I came back to home and went to thrissur town and bought same rubbing item. around 6pm I started working on my car and four doors glasses got cleaned perfectly. Windshield and rear got almost cleared and need some more work .

product name : Dazlac water rubbing compound

cost : INR 25 for 100 g

cotton waste for INR 10/-

Today went to reputed accessory shops at thrissur and most of them unable to remove it and came back to home on afternoon. At 4 pm got an idea , there is a small workshop with with car wash facility near my home and went to that shop and asked with them. They tested with a water compound rubbing and its working. and they gave me an estimate of INR 1000/-. I asked them to reduce the amount and they are not willing to do so . I came back to home and went to thrissur town and bought same rubbing item. around 6pm I started working on my car and four doors glasses got cleaned perfectly. Windshield and rear got almost cleared and need some more work .

thats good news buddy. Do share the post-treatment pics and the process you followed for everyone's benefit.

freakdude.

I came back to home and went to thrissur town and bought same rubbing item. around 6pm I started working on my car and four doors glasses got cleaned perfectly. Windshield and rear got almost cleared and need some more work.
Will you please let me know where are these Dazlac compound and the waste cotton available? In which shop shall I look for them? May I try these to clean the headlights as well?

Will you please let me know where are these Dazlac compound and the waste cotton available? In which shop shall I look for them? May I try these to clean the headlights as well?
Hey Rahul buddy since you are looking for something to clean your headlights which over time becomes oxidized rendering them hazy and yellow. And this causes headlights to shine less brightly.

Then try this following product and this is really useful and will give you really good results. It will make your headlights look like a brand new one.But the only thing is that i don't know whether it is available in India or not But you can try getting it online.

Product name: Rain X/Headlight lens restorer kit

Top Bottom