Sporty Yet Elegant: My Volkswagen Polo TDI (2 Years & 20,000 Kms Completed)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Sporty Yet Elegant: My Candy White Volkswagen Polo TDI

Congrats for your polo buddy.

Many new polo owners are being added on this forum, and its really great to see that happen.
A nice write-up too. Keep us posted about the accessories you plan to add in near future.

Congrats again.

thanks a lot gears1313. Well i went for 185 sections so that i do not void my suspension warranty. kept at the same spec as the highline model comes with. Upsizing would have voided that as i confirmed it with my SE.
And yup,the after market fog lamps for polo are out and they do look very much the same as the company fitted ones.[:)]
Frankly speaking if I were you and if I had some money then I would have gone for 195 or 205 section tires with either 15" or 16" and also kept the stock rims.
Since Polo's service intervals is of 15k; I would have swapped the after market rims and tyres with the stock ones and taken to the service. Also if I have to visit the service center for some suspension problem; then again I would have swapped to the stock. How would they know about the tyre upgrade unless you tell them?:biggrin:

Thread Starter #18

Congrats for your polo buddy.

Many new polo owners are being added on this forum, and its really great to see that happen.
A nice write-up too. Keep us posted about the accessories you plan to add in near future.

Congrats again.
Thanks Rightnow. Yes I will keep this thread updated and flood it with some nice pics of my ride.

Frankly speaking if I were you and if I had some money then I would have gone for 195 or 205 section tires with either 15" or 16" and also kept the stock rims.
Since Polo's service intervals is of 15k; I would have swapped the after market rims and tyres with the stock ones and taken to the service. Also if I have to visit the service center for some suspension problem; then again I would have swapped to the stock. How would they know about the tyre upgrade unless you tell them?:biggrin:
Well I didn't think of that and IMO it would have been too cumbersome to do all this. I'm better of with 185's as I won't have to run around the company people for the warranty thing.

I was very much tempted to put 16 inch alloy wheels as the price difference was not much and they would have really looked hot but then I'm happy with what I got!!!

I would have swapped the after market rims and tyres with the stock ones and taken to the service. Also if I have to visit the service center for some suspension problem; then again I would have swapped to the stock. How would they know about the tyre upgrade unless you tell them?:biggrin:
That's a smart idea but what happens if they service center guys prove themselves more smarter than us [:D], and what happens when a insurance firm refuses compensation on this ground (they are always searching for small loopholes in big claims) and when damages were quite high, its hard to take chances in life like this for everyone.

Thread Starter #20

That's a smart idea but what happens if they service center guys prove themselves more smarter than us [:D], and what happens when a insurance firm refuses compensation on this ground (they are always searching for small loopholes in big claims) and when damages were quite high, its hard to take chances in life like this for everyone.
That's true. Insurance firms these days find the smallest of possibilities to get away from giving the claims. Don't want that to happen.

I'm planning on a trip to dehradun and massorrie from chandigarh this coming weekend. Let's see if it happens!! Fingers crossed.

But nwayz your car is looking Hot as it is!:biggrin:
BTW for how much did you managed to get the stock HU?

Thread Starter #22

But nwayz your car is looking Hot as it is!:biggrin:
BTW for how much did you managed to get the stock HU?
I got the HU a little costly I think. Got the HU for 10k and spent 8k on speakers of my choice. So totally 18k for the ICE which I think is good enough.

I got the HU a little costly I think. Got the HU for 10k and spent 8k on speakers of my choice. So totally 18k for the ICE which I think is good enough.
That's surely is a good deal, saw one ad on net today one guy is selling his OEM head unit for 6K and i must say this is steal deal considering the condition of HU.

GM88 did you got brand new box packed HU or removed one? don't worry about the price you also got good HU :)

Thread Starter #24

That's surely is a good deal, saw one ad on net today one guy is selling his OEM head unit for 6K and i must say this is steal deal considering the condition of HU.

GM88 did you got brand new box packed HU or removed one? don't worry about the price you also got good HU :)
i got a removed one from a highline polo just a week back as the shopkeeper showed me the billing of that guys ICE and he had reduced the cost of this HU from his bill. its a completely new HU without even a scratch and working efficiently without any trouble.... [:)]

one more thing ToughGuy. i plan on getting a driver's arm rest installed on my Polo as i'm very used to it in my other two cars and feel the need for one. There comes a stock arm rest in the Vento. Any idea if i can get that installed from the dealership itself in my POLO?

Congrats on your vehicle. Even I own the same white TL polo as yours!
But I liked your car more with those HU, Fog Lamps & 15" Alloys [evil].
So you didn't get the warranty void with any of the parts, right?

i got a removed one from a highline polo
That's great, they must had all the connectors too, no need to wire cut.

one more thing ToughGuy. i plan on getting a driver's arm rest installed on my Polo as i'm very used to it in my other two cars and feel the need for one. There comes a stock arm rest in the Vento. Any idea if i can get that installed from the dealership itself in my POLO?
GM88 you are surprise to hear that i am also in search of Vento like front arm rest, will be visiting VW service center tomorrow will inquire about this at VW accessories shop from nearby showroom also if you found something like this please do inform me.

Thread Starter #27

Congrats on your vehicle. Even I own the same white TL polo as yours!
But I liked your car more with those HU, Fog Lamps & 15" Alloys [evil].
So you didn't get the warranty void with any of the parts, right?
no none of the upgrades voided the warranty as there was no wire cutting during the installment of both the fog lamps and the OHU and tyre specifications are the same as the ones in Highline.
That's great, they must had all the connectors too, no need to wire cut.

yup there was no wire cutting. all the connectors were clip-ons.

GM88 you are surprise to hear that i am also in search of Vento like front arm rest, will be visiting VW service center tomorrow will inquire about this at VW accessories shop from nearby showroom also if you found something like this please do inform me.
That's nice. Today all the showrooms and auto market are closed here due to labour day. will let you know tomorrow about the same.

This is a great writeup - rated 5 stars!!, i dunno how i missed it, congratulations on your latest aquisition.
A few questions about the polo :-
1) Is it noisy as is been written about it , never had a chance yet to drive myself.
2) The interiors are bland but i hear quality is good, is it the case for all aspects of the car ?
3) kitna deti hai?

Congrats once again

Last edited:

350Z

Core Team
Thread Starter #30

This is a great writeup - rated 5 stars!!, i dunno how i missed it, congratulations on your latest aquisition.
A few questions about the polo :-
1) Is it noisy as is been written about it , never had a chance yet to drive myself.
2) The interiors are bland but i hear quality is good, is it the case for all aspects of the car ?
3) kitna deti hai?

Congrats once again
Thanks a lot Iron Rock.
1. giving you my unbiased feedback,the car really doesn't make that much noise.and the insulation inside the cabin is phenomenal. At idle sitting inside you wont come to know if the engine is off or on. It's that silent.Although being a 3 cylinder engine when the revvs go beyong 2500RPM the engine does start growling a little but i kinda like that. It's a lot more silent than i expected it to be.
2.yes the interiors are bland but they look very contemprary and classic IMO.The build quality is top notch inside out and the plastic quality is very upmarket and feels nice to touch.The indicator and wiper stalk everything feels solid unlike the ones in verna and fiesta which don't give the feeling that they might break easily. In all a very practical and a no non-sense cabin inside i would say.
3. i just checked it yesterday. did around 870kms till date in 52 litres,so getting 16.7kmpl within city driving with AC 100% . i'm sure it will increase further in the coming days.
Your Fiesta has a front armrest (aftermarket?). I would like to know more details if possible as I'm looking for one (http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...rket-front-armrest-ford-fiesta-classic.html)?).

Drive Safe,
350Z
Yes we have an after market fitted front armrest in ford fiesta 350Z. Really useful addition i would say when cruising on highways. IMO the position of the armrest is better in the fiesta than the one which came fitted in the Verna. Fiesta arm rest is at perfect height of the gear lever so that you can change gears without lifting your elbow over the arm-rest.
I would put a picture of the same as soon as my dad comes back from Jammu where he is currently posted. Should be i guess by this coming weekend. till that time i have another picture of the Fiesta you might like.[:D]
080120121634 - Copy.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Bottom