Spoiler for my Verna

So where are you planning to purchase the kits??

I thought you only said that Pudupet kits are not good enough , will break soon!

Thread Starter #17
I had a plan to get good quality kits from Coimbatore or Chennai,but,the kits get damaged when the car gets over a speed breaker or any bump on the road.
Especially,during the rainy season,when the bumps and speed breakers are not clearly visible,however the quality of the kit depends,it will be damaged.
Whenever i travel to a new place without knowing the roads,i will have to be very cautious thinking about the bumps and irregular surfaces.
For the above reasons,i am almost there to get my kits done at pudupet,but,i have to search for the right person to do the job.
I have planned for custom made front bumper,the side skirts would be a simple one without involving much ground ckearance,as the running board in a verna is of a bigger size,and the rear skirts might be a custom made but not decided.
The exact cost details will be published in a few days.

Just a view point but I feel you should first think about any ill-effects it might have on the car.

Rear spoiler might be for good looks but the reason they are on real sports car is pure aerodynamic (reduce drag and improve breaking) and the whole car design should compliment it.

The road cars, as they are released to the market, are not designed for these rear spoilers.

They also add some weight, though not humongous. It could very easily spoil the aerodynamics of your car and this can possibly effect the FE, tyres, etc.

Just a suggestion and food for thought.

Thread Starter #19
@ JammyD,thanks for your suggestion.As far as know,the kits which i am saying about is light weight kits,which won't cause any ill-effects to the car,the only disadvantage will be slow driving in rugged roads and to cross speed breakers and bumps.
The rear spoiler wouldn't cause any damage to the car's aerodynamics,as it is only for a show purpose.If you add kits to a car,you will have to slow down well ahead of the speed breaker and get over it slowly and cautiously.So,naturally your car's FE will be reduced and the spoiler would merely cause FE.
My friend's modified NHC with huge skirts and GT wing,gives a FE of 13 in city and 16-18 on highway.I will post it's pictures in a few days time.

Oh Cool! If you looked into the ill-effects and if it is not an issue, thats great.

Do post some pics of your car once you get mods. :-)

Thread Starter #22
ilango[speed thirst];30562 said:
Surendar is that a greyish green car !

I'll post a sample lipspoiler of verna that i dealt here. forgot to take a picture
Yes,it is aa green color NHC.
Post picture of a lip spoiler on a verna,from your dealer.

Surendar if you start looking for spoilers , then can you ask for price of the spoiler posted by 350Z in the previous page? I like those type of spoilers only and when i asked in Hyundai they said it would cost around 12k totally!

Thread Starter #25
So you apparently dropped the idea of a spoiler?
No,still waiting for the right time,as i am quite busy with my course completion.I will be re-starting my search soon after august.
-----------Next Post-----------
Surendar if you start looking for spoilers , then can you ask for price of the spoiler posted by 350Z in the previous page? I like those type of spoilers only and when i asked in Hyundai they said it would cost around 12k totally!
OE spoiler was quoted as 8k for me at Hyundai showroom by the branch manager.It is total waste of money IMO and i would prefer a better one,which i will post in a few weeks time.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #26
My Verna Transform-work in process

These are few pictures sent through mail,these are the mods done so far and further mods will be done in a few days.
I chose a lip spoiler,as it was looking cool on another White Verna,and we tried placing a GT spoiler on my car and it wasn't matching my car's boot shape.

Attachments

Wow. The front bumper is looking super hot. Even the kits are looking great. BTW when are you getting back your ride?

Thread Starter #28
Wow. The front bumper is looking super hot. Even the kits are looking great. BTW when are you getting back your ride?
Thanks,and i need to travel to Chennai soon to make some changes like debadging front logo,final shape of the rear bumper and other modifications.
Within another week,i will be getting my Verna Transformed.

Good , the front grille and the fog lamp assembly are looking good! Lip spoiler and kits too looking good!

Do share with us the costs of the work and cant wait to see your finished product!

Thread Starter #30
Good , the front grille and the fog lamp assembly are looking good! Lip spoiler and kits too looking good!

Do share with us the costs of the work and cant wait to see your finished product!
Thanks,i will be coming to Chennai this monday or tuesday,i need to do some changes to the front upper grill and the rear bumper.I will get better pictures soon.
Regarding the cost,i was given a rough quote of a maximum of 25-35k.

Top Bottom