Splendid Highways of The World

Widest highway in Kuwait.

This Kuwait - Saudia highway. Speed limit 120km/hr. Camera on every 5-7km span. Well laid, emergency track on both sides (in one direction).
Separate path for incoming, and outgoing vehicles. Road dividers properly placed, and overhead lights on tall electrical posts.

DSC03472.jpg
DSC03473.jpg

DSC03512.jpg
DSC03513.jpg

Last edited:
Widest highway in Kuwait.

This Kuwait - Saudia highway. Speed limit 120km/hr. Camera on every 5-7km span. Well laid, emergency track on both sides (in one direction).
Separate path for incoming, and outgoing vehicles. Road dividers properly placed, and overhead lights on tall electrical posts.

View attachment 122358
View attachment 122359

View attachment 122360
View attachment 122361
Excellent clicks.

Even I used to think why our highways does n't have lights. Only two things I can think off.

• Our Govt is not that good to think about people (in Chennai most of the areas are dark even in the city)
  • Thieves show their skills when they find lights where noone is arround (Its sad that we chain our tumblers used for drinking water and mugs in train toiles both make the job tough)

First point no one can do anything except the Govt. But for the second point, we also can think of such a high ones in our highways with Solor powered.

Excellent clicks.

Even I used to think why our highways does n't have lights. Only two things I can think off.

• Our Govt is not that good to think about people (in Chennai most of the areas are dark even in the city)
  • Thieves show their skills when they find lights where noone is arround (Its sad that we chain our tumblers used for drinking water and mugs in train toiles both make the job tough)

First point no one can do anything except the Govt. But for the second point, we also can think of such a high ones in our highways with Solor powered.
OT: Please don't say about the Solar Panels. In my city, if its installed this week, the battery is stolen the very next day or after 2 days. And then, after 1 week or so, you won't even see the battery box. [lol]

OT: Please don't say about the Solar Panels. In my city, if its installed this week, the battery is stolen the very next day or after 2 days. And then, after 1 week or so, you won't even see the battery box. [lol]
When such people exists we can not do anything good of the citizens.

Awesome thread.. just can't stop viewing those pics and those super roads. Kudos to all contributor's.

Do we have any thread for sharing details, pics and listing out disastrous roads of India and world, like the Russian Highway we see in this thread?

I recall an incident happened to Cochin City. They have installed a wind-power generator to feed certain pedestrian lights in Marine Drive, Ernakulam. They made wide publicity to the wind-power and the system. Within 24 hours of inauguration the shaft that hold wind-blades broke down. Fixed the system, and back to operation. This time they reduced the length of wind-blades. Again the same thing happened in two days time. The shaft broke down. Again they repaired and installed with steel ropes stretched to 4 sides. One side anti-social elements, and other side improper managements.

350Z

Core Team
These are some roads I'd love to drive on in some equally exciting car.

Atlantic Road, Norway

road3.jpg

Blue Ridge Parkway, North Carolina - Virginia

the-blue-ridge-parkway-runs-from-north-carolina-to-virginia-and-is-known-for-its-views-of-rugged.jpg

Chapman's Peak, South Africa

chapmans-peak-drive-in-south-africa-is-about-five-miles-long-with-114-curves-and-offers-stunning.jpg

Hana Highway, Hawaii

hana-highway-in-hawaii-travels-along-mauis-coastline-and-consists-of-620-sharp-turns-and-59-brid.jpg

Overseas Highway, Florida

the-overseas-highway-in-florida-connects-mainland-florida-to-the-florida-keys-and-consists-of-42.jpg

Cabot Trail, Nova Scotia

cabot-trail-in-nova-scotia-is-one-of-the-most-scenic-drives-in-canada-winding-around-the-greater.jpg

Byway 163, Arizona - Utah

scenic-byway-163-stretches-from-the-arizona-border-through-monument-valley-in-utah-during-the-45.jpg

Oberalp Pass, Switzerland

the-oberalp-pass-in-switzerland-is-a-mountain-road-in-the-swiss-alps-that-is-6706-feet-above-sea.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

350Z

Core Team
We usually admire the roads of other countries but has any TAI-Ger ever driven on this beautiful Pambam Bridge at Rameshwaram?

The 100th anniversary of this bridge was marked on 24th Feb 2014.

pamban-bridge-rameshwaram.jpg

[MAP]Panban Bridge[/MAP]​

Drive Safe,
350Z

Entering to a 4Line Highway around 115km/hr, and later entering to under ground Tunnel during the weekend outing. Found this Honda Vehicles on the way.

20141101_094724.jpg

20141101_100758.jpg

20141101_095853.jpg

We usually admire the roads of other countries but has any TAI-Ger ever driven on this beautiful Pambam Bridge at Rameshwaram?

The 100th anniversary of this bridge was marked on 24th Feb 2014.

View attachment 143668

Map

Drive Safe,
350Z
I travelled on Pamban bridge in April 2015.It was part of 4 day Temple travel through Tamilnadu.The views from the bridge are breathtaking.Both rail and road bridges were given the name Pamban bridge.It would have been great if we were able to see a train on Pamban railway bridge,but we missed out on that.Some random snaps of my car and views from Pamban bridge.

Attachments

350Z

Core Team
I travelled on Pamban bridge in April 2015.It was part of 4 day Temple travel through Tamilnadu.The views from the bridge are breathtaking.Both rail and road bridges were given the name Pamban bridge.It would have been great if we were able to see a train on Pamban railway bridge,but we missed out on that.Some random snaps of my car and views from Pamban bridge.
Thanks for sharing these beautiful snaps. Your car is just equally stunning. I'd love to read an ownership review of it as well. :smile:

Drive Safe,
350Z

Top Bottom