Speed Breakers or Car Breakers - Do They Make Any Real Sense?

Now the question I would like to ask, "What on earth is a Mount Everest doing on NH7?" It's completely unethical to place a Car Breaker right in the middle of a highway/Express way. Authorities need to get their head examined before placing a mountain on NH7.
Buddy,you are asking a million dollar question for which you will never get an answer [lol].
I think it is a rule that, there should not be any speed breaker on the national highway. But who cares, if the highway is passing through a village and villagers want to have a custom made humps (size does not matter) they can have it. No authority can do anything [;)].

if the highway is passing through a village and villagers want to have a custom made humps (size does not matter) they can have it. No authority can do anything [;)].
True, that's the reason the NHAI Congress had been busy constructing flyovers over villages and towns. That's another reason we have tons of diversion. Well, they didn't think about this earlier, did they? [clap]

very much true, i haven't seen this many bad speed breakers in any where else other that bangalore

even if the road is damn bad (road itself is eroded away they have a speed breaker in place

i will go to hosur quit ofter and the sarjapur route filled with speed breakers where in no color paint or indication is not their which is one thing that bothers me alot because when ever speed breaker kisses my figo's belly i feel like some one ripping my car apart and its really painful which was one major thing made me sell off my figo,
even with ecosport or duster or even fortuner also you cant escape,

i believe karnataka speed breakers are some objects fallen from hell

Hell with all those speed breakers. Its a nightmare for my Suzuki Baleno with ground clearance of 165mm.

With 3 or 4 people on board, I need to try all possible ways to get through each speed breakers in Bangalore. [anger]

Now that I am planning for a family trip to Mantralaya on 25th Jan. I am restricting myself to have only 4 people just because of speed breakers that would trouble me on the way.

If not these speed breakers or less ground clearance, my 87 years old granny would have been a part of this trip now.

I am still confused should I take my granny along with or not. I am not sure how many speed breakers I have to face but I literally don't want to scratch my car. [confused][confused]

I am still confused should I take my granny along with or not. I am not sure how many speed breakers I have to face but I literally don't want to scratch my car. [confused][confused]
Nagendra, pls take your granny also with you. She may not have a chance to go for a trip with you in speed-breaker-free roads in her life. So this is the best she can expect and don't deny her that.

If you want to drop someone to reduce weight in the car, chose some young kiddo or the youngest person - he may have many opportunities in the future.

Thanks for the reply Johny. :agree:

Dropping out some is not possible. I am the youngest of all and I am the one who gotta drive to and fro. Rest all have crossed 60 barrier and the plan itself made by them now.

This is going to be tough decision for me. I can't bear those scratches under my car at any cost. Every time I hear that Kreeeeeeeeeeeeeeek noise it pricks my heart directly.

Thats how much I love my Baleno.

Let me see what I can do about it. I am not sure how many worst speed breakers are there on my way. [drive][confused]

Last edited:
This is going to be tough decision for me. I can't bear those scratches under my car at any cost. Every time I hear that Kreeeeeeeeeeeeeeek noise it pricks my heart directly.
Buy a Linea which has a better ground clearance :)

On a serious note, rent/hire an Innova or some big car for the trip.

Beware of Speedbreakers on Sahar Elevated Road (Mumbai)

Hi,

this is just a heads-up for drivers in Mumbai who use the Sahar elevated road. Over the weekend, they have put in triple speed-breakers halfway down the run from Vile Parle to the airport. These are also not marked and immediately next to the expansion joints, so impossible to see at speed. Their location is such that you are cruising at high speed when you encounter them. I hit them at over 90 today. By passenger just got to say "ARRE..." by the time I went over. Be mindful of these. No harm to my car by the way

Also, in case any body from authorities are listening- get rid of those breakers and make for rumbler strips instead. Without markings and travelling at high speeds, these are a death trap. A small car may jump and serve due to them leading to a massive accident. To begin with, this is a stupid place to put breakers, they are to be used to slow down cars at intersections, crossing, exits etc. Not in the middle of a highway

Admin- please move this post to the correct forum if required. I was not sure where to put this

Ameyam

Top Bottom