Speakers For Hyundai Verna

@ racerdabba enclosure ported means?? I think it refers to the hole in the enclosure right?? Both my enclosures have a hole!! Sure buddy lets meet up sometime!!

@ racerdabba and Zinam where is techokrat??
Yes. Porte is a enclosure with a hole.
Cooldhaya, dude i think u did not work well with your money. 20k Could have got u earthshaking bass.
Configuation.
12 or 15 inch Ground Zero Titanium or Image Dynamics ID12 D2 Sub in a ported enclosure tuned to 35-40 hz.-
The P300 from Rockford Fosgate has goodies including a bassknob.
good wiring.- Maybe Scosche
One RCA heads dont have much options, but this could have made ur day.
300w RMS to A 350W Sub is graet.

What is the port lenght and dIa? What frequency is it tuned?What are the box specs, do they match with the sub specs?
You cant just put any sub in any box.
-----------Next Post-----------
a port is not just a hole.
Its something which tunes the sub to a particular frequency. Bandpass should be a big no no.
Its boomy... wont go low.
[agree]
but then, he doesnt want it low. he wants it boomy.
Boom Boom POw!![lol]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #122
@ racerdabba all technical questions ask Ilango buddy!! He only did the installation for me!! I seriously don know anything!!

BTW Hey guys i went to RADIO WARE HOUSE today!! After inspecting my installation he said me to go for an HU upgrade immediately!! Then he also suggested to change the enclosure to a band box( that is wat he called it and he said it will be more bassy and gives the effect which i expect)!! He also said that going for a component speakers for the front will also improve the sound quality!! What he suggested is:

PIO DEH-5190 with MP3 USB aux-in with I-POD connectivity and 3 line pre-outs costing 13k approx with bill and warranty!!

The band box will cost rs.2800 each!!

And either POLK AUDIO , HERTZ or JBL for front components costing around 3k approx!!

I asked for a touch screen type player but sadly mine is not 2-DIN , the current slightly facelifted verna only comes with the 2-DIN type!! And moreover it costs around 40k approx with bill and warranty!! So way out of my budget!!

As of now am planning to change the HU first and see the difference!! If still not satisfactory then planning to change the enclosure also!!

Is the HU what he has suggested good enough??

@ racerdabba all technical questions ask Ilango buddy!! He only did the installation for me!! I seriously don know anything!!

BTW Hey guys i went to RADIO WARE HOUSE today!! After inspecting my installation he said me to go for an HU upgrade immediately!! Then he also suggested to change the enclosure to a band box( that is wat he called it and he said it will be more bassy and gives the effect which i expect)!! He also said that going for a component speakers for the front will also improve the sound quality!!
Hmmm then happy with amp and sub selection phew.

Racerdabba , some of then may be technical term that you ask , and some of the local term used by technicians is known by me present.
so this need a discussion.

lets discuss this in our chennai meet!
i'll be updated by then.

Renegade

Suspended

BTW Hey guys i went to RADIO WARE HOUSE today!! After inspecting my installation he said me to go for an HU upgrade immediately!! Then he also suggested to change the enclosure to a band box( that is wat he called it and he said it will be more bassy and gives the effect which i expect)!! He also said that going for a component speakers for the front will also improve the sound quality!! What he suggested is:

PIO DEH-5190 with MP3 USB aux-in with I-POD connectivity and 3 line pre-outs costing 13k approx with bill and warranty!!

The band box will cost rs.2800 each!!

And either POLK AUDIO , HERTZ or JBL for front components costing around 3k approx!!

I asked for a touch screen type player but sadly mine is not 2-DIN , the current slightly facelifted verna only comes with the 2-DIN type!! And moreover it costs around 40k approx with bill and warranty!! So way out of my budget!!

As of now am planning to change the HU first and see the difference!! If still not satisfactory then planning to change the enclosure also!!

Is the HU what he has suggested good enough??
I've been telling you to go for the headunit[frustration].
It is the same headunit i have.
I have a 5150 which is the grey version of 5190.
The grey costs about 8-8.5k
and the bill one is costlier.
You can go for it.Its an awesome headunit.[thumbswink]
I think the they are overcharging for the enclosure.
Just check if its 2800 for both or each.

Hi CoolDhaya!

You can get the PIO 5190 HU.

If you need Head Unit PM me. I can help you in setting up your ride!

Thread Starter #126
@ Renegade No he said 2800 for each thats why planning to change my HU first and then see the difference if its not satisfactory then only am planning to change the enclosure!!

ilango[speed thirst];12782 said:
Is that a fg enclosure.
what is band enclosure?
No dude its not FG.
A bandpass enclosure is one inwhich the woofer itself is in a sealed enclosure but fires in a ported enclosure. Very Very Efficient. can provide great bass in little power, But doesnt go low. Booooooooooooomy Bass.[lol]

Thread Starter #129
No dude its not FG.
A bandpass enclosure is one inwhich the woofer itself is in a sealed enclosure but fires in a ported enclosure. Very Very Efficient. can provide great bass in little power, But doesnt go low. Booooooooooooomy Bass.[lol]
So it is advisable to go for it?? Is the cost of those justified?? I feel its very costly!!

Thread Starter #132
Actually, it is expensive. Dude, gimme the subwoofer specs, i will give u the box dimensions. U can get it build if u want.[cheers]
Dude ask all the specs to Ilango!! He was the one who installed it for me!! Am a noob in ICE!! Yeah sure if you can get one for me cheaper than this am ready but first am looking to see the changes after upgrading my HU!![:)]

Top Bottom