Speakers For Hyundai Verna

Thread Starter #46
hmmmm i forgot to ask that bro!! will ask him again and tell you. any other suggestions apart from that??

@ Abhinav Gupta - Man ! You the guy with a red VRs from Delhi ?

[QUOTE='ilango[speed thirst]The unbranded wires that i said is being used for ages, no issues at all. Accept very few cases the wiring kit fuse blows off.

i too have stocks of Scosche brand wiring kit
4 gauge is 5500/- and 8 gauge is 3500/-

None buys them , also these unbranded is fine enough! And its my view from my experience.[/QUOTE]

The unbranded kits spoil the Quality of sound we hear.

Last edited:
ilango[speed thirst];7238 said:
@Abhinav Gupta
Thanks to pity on me.
may i know the reason, so that i can correct myself?

remember i said 15K is much enough for 2 subs and a 4 channel amp. i even mentioned the brands. Check the earlier posts.
As cooldhaya asked he want 2 subs in his car. Its not my initiative.

i GAVE the option for custom enclosure. To save the dicky space.

The unbranded wires that i said is being used for ages, no issues at all. Accept very few cases the wiring kit fuse blows off.

i too have stocks of Scosche brand wiring kit
4 gauge is 5500/- and 8 gauge is 3500/-

None buys them , also these unbranded is fine enough! And its my view from my experiance.
When he has a budget of 15000, why do you want him to spend 4500 on that enclosure ( which again is over charging)

Why do you risk that the fuse may go and all. Use some good stuff. They cheap stuff is CHEAP. period.

Atleast proper sq mm cables should be used.
If you have stock of that, why not recommend that and why recommend the fg enclosure which will not help him in any way.
If he wants 2 sub, it obviously means that he does not care about boot space.

Your experience is limited to normal cars i guess.

Can you provide me with some good details about the installs you have done?

@ Abhinav Gupta - Man ! You the guy with a red VRs from Delhi ?

The unbranded kits spoil the Quality of sound we hear.
Yes neil. I am the guy with the red vRs from delhi.
How do you know that btw?

Also, its not the sound quality which is spoilt. That doesn't matter.
If proper thickness wire is used, nothing will happen, but these unbranded wires have wrong thickness et all.

It's dangerous to use that stuff.

hey guys thanks for your suggestions. i took my car to radio ware house as suggested by few people. after inspecting my HU and speakers , they said a 4 channel amplifier and one sub 1100W is enough for my car.both JBL brand!!he said it would cost around 13k including all the wiring and stuff, he said all the wires used are branded ones. is it a good deal, any changes i should suggest him??
PERFECT!

For the budget you have, this seems to be the most ideal setup.

One suggestion, since you are saving on 2000 bucks, ask the dealer if he can give you a good component speaker for 2000 in exchange of your current front speakers, preferably from JBL. if possible, install component speakers in the front, let the rear speakers remain.

connect the 2 ch of the amp to the front compos & bridge 2 ch to the sub. then see the difference. enjoy the music!

you can have a look at the setup in my scorpio here.

So you happy eh??
All done dude, but then, i have a feeling that he's going loose on the wiring.
Check it ASAP. And if unbranded, please ask him to get a branded one, preferarbly JBL, and add to the total.

@RAJ
comps for 2800??[shock]
Kaise bhai?
JBL coaxes cost almost as much??[shock]
BTW, how do they sound??

Thread Starter #51
thanks raj but as racerdabba said do you think components will be available for 2000-3000??

@ racerdabba sure bro i will make sure that he does branded wiring preferably JBL as you mentioned.

PERFECT!

For the budget you have, this seems to be the most ideal setup.

One suggestion, since you are saving on 2000 bucks, ask the dealer if he can give you a good component speaker for 2000 in exchange of your current front speakers, preferably from JBL. if possible, install component speakers in the front, let the rear speakers remain.

connect the 2 ch of the amp to the front compos & bridge 2 ch to the sub. then see the difference. enjoy the music!

you can have a look at the setup in my scorpio here.
Have a look at what i've highlighted.

thanks raj but as racerdabba said do you think components will be available for 2000-3000??

@ racerdabba sure bro i will make sure that he does branded wiring preferably JBL as you mentioned.
Even Check if you can get your hands on Monster cables.

When he has a budget of 15000, why do you want him to spend 4500 on that enclosure ( which again is over charging)

Why do you risk that the fuse may go and all. Use some good stuff. They cheap stuff is CHEAP. period.

Atleast proper sq mm cables should be used.
If you have stock of that, why not recommend that and why recommend the fg enclosure which will not help him in any way.
If he wants 2 sub, it obviously means that he does not care about boot space.

If proper thickness wire is used, nothing will happen, but these unbranded wires have wrong thickness et all.

I like to register a point, unbranded is not so worse as u think. yeah worse than these are also available. No compromise in quality though. I have checked. Cheaper and unfit model wiring are avail in DELHI and i don't deal with them(I need to run the store with good name [:D])

As you are in delhi , i think you are afraid of this reason . No wrong from your point of view too.

Accept the branded wiring used is safe , But you can compromise in this part. Its from my experience.

And in my 2nd post itself i have said you can get 2 subs and a 4 channel amp for that 15K amount.Only in the next post i have said about the high end products.

And as you have asked i share my experience.

The store is just 10 months old. But staff have 10+ years experience in this field.

so in this store we have made 2 cars with fg enclosure

1.opel astra , fg enclosure in left side with a sony 1300 watt sub and 350w mono amp (components brought by them) , Wirig kit unbranded one.

2.Elantra , fg enclosure with 2 subs in either side. jbl 1100w sub

numerous normal subs and am with these wiring kits.

Only one said that he need a branded wiring kit - a JBL wiring kit was given to him.

Among all these only 2 tata cars(indica and sumo) came with fuse blown(wiring kit fuse)

Though i don't oppose buying a branded wires , i say these works well!

And , cooldhaya , a good option to go to radio ware. One among the best

Last edited:

Ok. Got it [:)]

I know you through Skoda community (orkut).

@RAJ
comps for 2800??[shock]
Kaise bhai?
JBL coaxes cost almost as much??[shock]
BTW, how do they sound??
they sound good. JBL charges for brand name and also for styling. Vtrek is a new company & so it is cheap.

yes, you will get good compos in exchange.

Thread Starter #56
hmmmmm thanks guys, but am short of funding now, will take a few weeks for doing all these stuffs but i wanted to make sure that i dont waste money on some ****!! thanks guys!!

ilango[speed thirst];7287 said:
I like to register a point, unbranded is not so worse as u think. yeah worse than these are also available. No compromise in quality though. I have checked. Cheaper and unfit model wiring are avail in DELHI and i don't deal with them(I need to run the store with good name [:D])

As you are in delhi , i think you are afraid of this reason . No wrong from your point of view too.

Accept the branded wiring used is safe , But you can compromise in this part. Its from my experience.

And in my 2nd post itself i have said you can get 2 subs and a 4 channel amp for that 15K amount.Only in the next post i have said about the high end products.

And as you have asked i share my experience.

The store is just 10 months old. But staff have 10+ years experience in this field.

so in this store we have made 2 cars with fg enclosure

1.opel astra , fg enclosure in left side with a sony 1300 watt sub and 350w mono amp (components brought by them) , Wirig kit unbranded one.

2.Elantra , fg enclosure with 2 subs in either side. jbl 1100w sub

numerous normal subs and am with these wiring kits.

Only one said that he need a branded wiring kit - a JBL wiring kit was given to him.

Among all these only 2 tata cars(indica and sumo) came with fuse blown(wiring kit fuse)

Though i don't oppose buying a branded wires , i say these works well!
And , cooldhaya , a good option to go to radio ware. One among the best
I am not saying that the wires are bad.
Wires are wires.
But they are wrong.
If they are mentioned as 8 gauge , they are never 8 gauge. Thats why they are unsafe.

Every proper wattage requires a particular wiring diameter.
I hope you know about it.

Plus it doesn't matter who has 10 years of experience or whatever, everyone learns throughout the life.

Have you done any active setup or a 3 way setup?

How much was the JBL wiring kit worth ( MRP)
What RCAs do you use?

I would want to see some pictures of your works if you and the admins dont mind.

do you make the fg enclosure according to the volumetric specs.

Plus, i am not afraid of any such works.
I get my installed from a friend's shop.
They just do the wiring and the fitting part of it.
I get the stuff myself. I get the enclosures made myself.
I fill them with polyfill. I tune the setup myself.
I decide the tweeter position myself.

All the work is done under my supervision.

Ok. Got it [:)]

I know you through Skoda community (orkut).
oh ok.
I saw you were in my gtalk list as well.

hmmmmm thanks guys, but am short of funding now, will take a few weeks for doing all these stuffs but i wanted to make sure that i dont waste money on some ****!! thanks guys!!

I'll pm you some good stuff you can get.
Temme the budget you have and do you want it to be step by step or all at once?

Thread Starter #58
I'll pm you some good stuff you can get.
Temme the budget you have and do you want it to be step by step or all at once?
my budget around 15k for now. lookinf for amp and woofer only now!!

Get a Blaupunkt GT4 MKII - 6k
Get a JBL GT5-S12 subwoofer - 5-6k i reckon.
Spend the rest 3k on wiring.

1k for 2 RCAs.
2k for power cables , ground cables (finolex) and speaker cables - any good

power your front speakers with the front channels of the blaupunkt amp and for the subwoofer, give bridged power from rear channels of the amp.

You'll be good to go.

But you need to tell us as to what HU you have.
Maybe you have one which has only 1 preout.

4500rs for enclosure is theft.
I'm sorry to say that ilango but you just can't quote any price.
You might find me rude, but i pity calling you an ICE installer.
Why does he need a FG enclosure?
He's not getting too deep into the acoustics et all.
He is well off with a normal MDF enclosure.

Proves my point that i would pity calling you an installer.
Those power kits quote 8 ga, 10 ga, but are not even close to them. Thats why there are issues with system.
ilango[speed thirst];7238 said:
@Abhinav Gupta
Thanks to pity on me.
may i know the reason, so that i can correct myself?

ilango[speed thirst];7287 said:
Plus it doesn't matter who has 10 years of experience or whatever, everyone learns throughout the life.

Have you done any active setup or a 3 way setup?

How much was the JBL wiring kit worth ( MRP)
What RCAs do you use?

I would want to see some pictures of your works if you and the admins dont mind.

do you make the fg enclosure according to the volumetric specs.

Plus, i am not afraid of any such works.
I get my installed from a friend's shop.
They just do the wiring and the fitting part of it.
I get the stuff myself. I get the enclosures made myself.
I fill them with polyfill. I tune the setup myself.
I decide the tweeter position myself.

All the work is done under my supervision.
Guys guys, please lets keep this debate as a healthy one & lets avoid unpleasant remarks. such remarks often lead to nasty catfights which i think nobody would prefer!

@ abhinav: buddy, i agree with whatever you say about the installation & if you notice, even i have recommended him the same setup. we all know that your knowledge is good in this field but please be friendly with other members & please dont "challenge" anyone. sometimes it wont be accepted well. thanks for understanding.

Top Bottom