Sound Coming from Ford Ikon 1.6 at 60+ Kmph

Thread Starter #1
Hi Guy's.
iam getting a brozzzzzzzz. sound when i drive 60kpm. when i asked a mech. he told me that bearing of the rear wheels has to been change. so any suggestions. please.

Last edited by a moderator:
Re: Long Term with My Ford Ikon 1.4 TDCi

Hi,
I have been using Ford Ikon 1.4 TDCI, since Feb 2009, Now the car has done almost 45k kms, dint serviced it at 40000kms, The car is idle since Feb 2012 as i moved out to UAE. After 30000 kms service, i have noticed a growling noise especially during U turns from right front tyre side, and the noise increased over few months. Is that something related to lower arms? Will changing it solve the issue? What would be cost

now that the battery also fully drained, what is cost for the new battery?

also i would like to know what are major replacements / service to be done at this point of time as i am planning to give it to ford for service next week. Pls consider it as the 4th service

So far the service experience with Ford has been good, I would prefer to give to them for service.

Request our experts here to kindly help

Jacob

Re: Long Term with My Ford Ikon 1.4 TDCi

Hi,
I have been using Ford Ikon 1.4 TDCI, since Feb 2009, Now the car has done almost 45k kms, dint serviced it at 40000kms, The car is idle since Feb 2012 as i moved out to UAE. After 30000 kms service, i have noticed a growling noise especially during U turns from right front tyre side, and the noise increased over few months.
Jacob
That sounds like a typical boot issue. You might have to get the boot changed. Shouldn't cost you a whole lot. In some cases, the boot can be greased and you could run the car for some more time. But the grease would leak again.

Boots go bad due to a tear that starts leaking grease. Hope this helps.

Fix it right away, cuz the friction could affect other parts.

Suspension noise from Ford ikon TDCi

Friends. I have been facing a problem in my ikon !! Front suspension giving noise !! its more during speed breakers! Only 31k km on ODO!! what will be the problem ?? How can i rectify ?? How it costs upto ??

The suspension is made of of different components.Try driving slowly on a stretch of bad road and see if the struts,springs and shocks absorb the bumps.If the dont and you get thud thud sound.Your suspension needs to be overhauled.Costs vary,get it check at a garage and if under warranty at the authorized service center.

@Venkat1001 Your car's bearings has to be changed mate.Its 100% the bearing problem.
I too was facing the same problem in my Hyundai Verna,then i changed the bearing which cost 2000rs/bearing...

@ Stunter- This issue is more of Lower arms damage. I did encounter this problem in my Alto.
Get it checked. Possibility, Lower Arms should be changed. Check and try notice which side of the car you hear this sound more.
Cause- A rash drive or regular drive over bad stretch of rds.

Top Bottom