Sony Head Unit

okay, and what about sony amps? i feel they are also not good.

by the way, what amps are powering your subs? both your car's subs are running on two 2ch amps? any amp connected to the speakers?

Thread Starter #17
Sony amps are just ok , not a bad performer.
though a slight increase in budget gives good amps.
I liked the mono block from sony though.

My amps were 2 2 channel kenwood.
speakers connected via the HU , no amps for them

Now no amp at all in my car.
-----------Next Post-----------
I think you are planning for a change.
thow away your sony at rear.

get a component in front.
rear a normal speaker
a perfect amp and sub

depending upon the budget we can select the brand

Last edited:
you powered your 2 subs with two 2 ch amps? why not a 4 ch amp then? and without any amp to the speakers & two amps to the two subs, you would hear only the sub & not the speakers, right?

right now you have removed all the subs & amps from your car if i remember right.

No Raaj i have the same setup as Ilango had and what you have mentioned!! The speakers will be heard but the thump effect will be heard more so you have to adjust your EQ a little to get the balance right!!

And the reason for going to two 2ch amps is its coming only around 7k for two 2ch amps but its 8k for 4 ch amp! I think this is the reason Ilango must have gone for two 2 ch amps and recommended the same for me too!!

sorry, but a JBL 4 ch amp (S644) is available for Rs. 5500.

frankly cooldhaya, i feel having 2 subs with two 2ch amps & not giving any power to the speakers is not ideal. instead, power the front speakers by one of the amp & power one sub with the other amp. dump the second sub. do proper tuning & you will be surprised with the sound quality.

disclaimer: i am not a master of ICE but i know some basics after reading/seeing installs & talking to many installers.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #22
sorry, but a JBL 4 ch amp (S644) is available for Rs. 5500.

frankly cooldhaya, i feel having 2 subs with two 2ch amps & not giving any power to the speakers is not ideal. instead, power the front speakers by one of the amp & power one sub with the other amp. dump the second sub. do proper tuning & you will be surprised with the sound quality.

disclaimer: i am not a master of ICE but i know some basics after reading/seeing installs & talking to many installers.
No it was made as a demo. A customer like dhaya needed 2 subs plus a demo. so we set up in our car. after a week he bough the jbl and one amp.

Some time mine was running with single sub-amp. later we shifted that as demo in store , which was later on sold to a amby

that time we had 5 2 channel and 1 4 channel as stock. so we chose the 2 channels.

this was all a year back

And in dhaya case , the jbls were short of stocks even with the main dealer. there was some internal problem among them at that time.

also raj , the price of JBL 4 ch amp (S644) 8990/- the mrp
grey one will be lesser.

The price which you have mentioned is 2 channel amp its 5490/- the mrp

Last edited:
yes, i was talking about the S644 amp which i recently purchased for 5500 buddy. initial price quoted was 6200 which was bargained & bought down to 5500. yes, it was bought in grey.

yes, i was talking about the S644 amp which i recently purchased for 5500 buddy. initial price quoted was 6200 which was bargained & bought down to 5500. yes, it was bought in grey.
hello raj bhai whats your review on S644 amp,is it safe to go for grey?? i am planing to buy it very soon.bytheway can you tell me how to make sure i am getting an orignal jbl amp not th fake one?1 guy quoted me Rs.6600 with (B/W) in kolkata.what do you think about sony XM-GTX6042(Rs.4900 with B/W)??? my music system is sony cdx-gt370s.and yes some light on jbl cs 1215 and cs1215t please.thanks.[cheers]

somehow, sony has left a very bad impression in my mind, especially when it comes to car ICE. so i will never buy a sony now, whatever be the case. infact, i even rejected a sony LCD TV & bought a samsung despite knowing that sony TVs are really good!
Sorry if I'm quoting this late, but you did the right thing. I myself have 2 Sony Bravias at home, and barely 2 months after buying the 1st one, the price was slashed by Rs 5000![frustration] To add insult to injury, both the models we have were discountinued barely 1 year after we bought them.[cry] Enough was enough, and we got a Samsung LCD for my Grandpa's house and not a sony.

Hence, I played safe and went in for a Pioneer HU on my i10, though Sony is a brand that appeals to me. I will go in for a Samsung LED TV, and not a Sony, even if I get a HUGE discount on the Sony.

Top Bottom