Someone Scratched My Car with Keys. Need Advice.

Thread Starter #31
A quick update: The gentleman (boss of the culprit driver) agreed to pay 50% of the expenses for the painting job.
I think its reasonable, even though the driver was his responsibility and got access to the secure parking spot because of him. I some how feel bad putting myself in his shoes - how many of us do proper screening of the people we employ before engaging them on house hold jobs?

Now waiting for the Puja to be over for the repair work to begin. HASS has quoted near about 6-7 days so it will only happen after this festive season.

I some how feel bad putting myself in his shoes - how many of us do proper screening of the people we employ before engaging them on house hold jobs?
Has the culprit got a history of vandalism or mental disturbances ,was there a black mark or anything the boss could have learnt off? Just curious!

Thread Starter #33
@Prads: now that you mention it, I have heard other people also complaining now and it seems that this was going on for a while. Its that no one complained with proof (or created a ruckus at the scene of crime) before my case and hence the culprit always got away.
Since the driver has been sacked I hope this is the last of it. As a precaution, parking at the ground floor now where there is always people passing by so hopefully will not happen again.

In most cases cars being vandalized are usually by street kids its surprises me an adult can do this for kicks,
I was thinking a cam should be installed in the car,I guess cars in Russia have them alot.I think it also reduces insurance rates cos it records accidents.

Something like this -> http://www.exeros-technologies.com/car-cameras

Last edited:
This happens to my m800 also. I have been to Saravana stores in panangal park in chennai. No parking place. so I parked behind metro shoes in residential area.

We came back after 2 hours and was shocked to see a looooooong mark, deep also in my bonnet.

From then on wards I stopped parking in unknown areas. always park in parking areas where I visit. For shoping I just go to pursaiwalkam saravana stores where you have automated car parking and do purchase and come back

This happens to my m800 also. I have been to Saravana stores in panangal park in chennai. No parking place. so I parked behind metro shoes in residential area.

We came back after 2 hours and was shocked to see a looooooong mark, deep also in my bonnet.

From then on wards I stopped parking in unknown areas. always park in parking areas where I visit. For shoping I just go to pursaiwalkam saravana stores where you have automated car parking and do purchase and come back
Hey sethu, that was really bad man !!

Why don't you park the car at home and go for shopping which is always safe[clap]

Hey sethu, that was really bad man !!

Why don't you park the car at home and go for shopping which is always safe[clap]
No sir, I had done this so many times. In Chennai, if you want to go for shopping in T.nagar, mostly u would end up in parking you car very far from the shop where u wanna shop. But mostly in main road side parking. In my case, I could n't find any place so I went inside which is a very lonely/traffic less/crowd free residential area. It used to have a traffic when a railway level crossing near by. They have closed the level crossing due to construction of ROB and from then the traffic also reduced. I don't know who did it and why did it. I had parked in a place where it would n't be disturbance to other also. Anyway it was my bad luck on that day.

No sir, I had done this so many times. In Chennai, if you want to go for shopping in T.nagar, mostly u would end up in parking you car very far from the shop where u wanna shop. But mostly in main road side parking. In my case, I could n't find any place so I went inside which is a very lonely/traffic less/crowd free residential area. It used to have a traffic when a railway level crossing near by. They have closed the level crossing due to construction of ROB and from then the traffic also reduced. I don't know who did it and why did it. I had parked in a place where it would n't be disturbance to other also. Anyway it was my bad luck on that day.
Yeah Sethu, I know those places which you told me. T.nagar is really troublesome to park the car[cry]

A quick update: The gentleman (boss of the culprit driver) agreed to pay 50% of the expenses for the painting job.
I think its reasonable, even though the driver was his responsibility and got access to the secure parking spot because of him.

. HASS has quoted near about 6-7 days n.
This is ridiculous, why only 50%?, Ideally whole amount should be paid by the culprit.
Office should lodge a police comlaint, if the culprit is not ready to pay. This will be a lesson for miscreants also.

7 days for HASS are too much, TASS has done the paint job in 3 days for my manza.
BTW, what amount is quoted?

Shopping in T.nagar = catch an auto wala!!! epic win [lol]
Now a days I never go to T. Nagar for shopping. Either I directly go to Pusasaiwalkam saravana stores where they have automated car parking or go near by where there will not be any problem in shops parking area. There might be slight differences in price but no problem.

Thread Starter #42
7 days for HASS are too much, TASS has done the paint job in 3 days for my manza.
BTW, what amount is quoted?
Approx. Rs.38K. Its practically the whole car except the front (bonnet), roof and the bumpers. The culprit was most through.

They have said 5 days, however knowing them I dont expect it to be completed in that time. There are only two HASS workshops in Kolkata and the other one is very far from my place (and at the outskirts). So options are limited since most people seem to prefer this one and is always overbooked.

Approx. Rs.38K. Its practically the whole car except the front (bonnet), roof and the bumpers. The culprit was most through.

They have said 5 days, however knowing them I dont expect it to be completed in that time. There are only two HASS workshops in Kolkata and the other one is very far from my place (and at the outskirts). So options are limited since most people seem to prefer this one and is always overbooked.
38k ?[surprise]
here whole painting cost only 15 to 20 k. better give it to outside paint shops. it will costs much lesser

@ chayan, Is he (boss of the culprit) ready to pay 19 k (half the amount)?

Is it possible to claim insuarance in your case without a police FIR? Have you enquired with insurance authorities? If they say , yes, then accept the rs 19 k before hand. If they say , no, then eighter FIR OR full payment on the part of culprit are only option s left.

Top Bottom