Someone Cracked My Polo's Windshield. Need Advice.

Thread Starter #31
I think i ll get it done with them. If I go to VW, they ll make me wait, any which ways i am gonna claim the insurance even if I plan to change it from VW or Windshield Experts. And for changing the glass from VW, i ll have to drive to the other side of Bangalore and get it done, But windshield experts are just 10 mins drive from my office. So that seems feasible.

I think i ll get it done with them. If I go to VW, they ll make me wait, any which ways i am gonna claim the insurance even if I plan to change it from VW or Windshield Experts. And for changing the glass from VW, i ll have to drive to the other side of Bangalore and get it done, But windshield experts are just 10 mins drive from my office. So that seems feasible.
Hey rajeev, few questions:
How much will you have to pay effectively?
Which brand does vw use? Have you asked the windshield expert guys about it?
There is slight dark tinting on top of the original vw windshield, you can see in your car too if you look from front. I don't know what purpose does it serve but I am trying to see whether you are getting windshield as close as recommended by vw.

Thread Starter #33
Rightnow- i will be paying Rs 6500 totally but insurance guys will be re imbursing me with the same but not fully. They ll be only transferring 5000 rs to my account. Rest Rs 1500 is the labour charges which i will have to bear on my own. Secondly, VW uses AIS Asahi glass and hence i insisted on AIS Asahi itself. you can see for yourself on the glass it would be written below the VW logo. Yes, i ll be getting the dark tint as well with the glass as recommended(not sure about recommended) from Windshield experts too. Let me know if you need any other information and I would be happy to assist you on the same

.... Let me know if you need any other information and I would be happy to assist you on the same
Ohh that's great. I was just trying to make sure you don't face any troubles in future with workshop people as they have tendency to put blame on customers for installing aftermarket products. You sure are getting good deal with windshield experts.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
Yeah get the ais. And do a leakage check after they fit the glass. And ask them to be careful with the glass beading. It doesn't needs to be replaced.

And this type of thing "pay full amount then insurance company will reimburse" happens when there is some legal work is required. Won't go in details but i think they will reimburse more than 5000[:D]

Just tell us the exact amount ok.

Thread Starter #36
Done with the glass fitting. Claim amount that would be re imbursed would be 4900 change. Got the AIS itself. Although I did not do a leakage check and all. They put a cello tape and asked to remove it only after 24 hours.

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
yeah they do it, glass needs some time to get fixed permanently. also my guy said not to drive at high speed for 48 hours. not above 50.

Same situation where i was in some time back with my M800. It was my mistake. Took it windshield express. he was pissing me with document works. M800 was in my companies name. He will ask one thing at a time. I had to visit my office [it was become EX by that time also] for various documents/signatures etc. I just went to MASS and left the car and asked them to do it. Only problem was i had to pay fully from my pocket and later I got the claim amount thru my office. I had paid just Rs. 500 additionally.

But for me he handed over me the car only after two days only after every got settled with the windshield. Had no problem at all.

Top Bottom