Solutions for mist forming inside the lamps?

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
You must have seen many cars which have water or mist completely stuck inside the head lamps / tail lamps, especially during monsoons. It may cause some harm, and moreover absolutely spoil the looks of your beautiful car. The story in TAI about this started with raj_5004’s Scorpio, then later with Mukesh and quite unfortunate to say, I’m now also the sufferer of same problem. The tail lamp of my car which was replaced a few months ago has now water floating inside. So, what is the appropriate solution members have come across, other than replacing lamp again?!

Drive Safe,
350Z

This is just a guess. Why not just unscrew off the Glass(Colored) of the headlamp, wipe the moisture off the interior side of the glass and tail-lamp, and then screw it back? The tail-lamp works, doesn't it?

Thread Starter #4

350Z

Core Team
This is just a guess. Why not just unscrew off the Glass(Colored) of the headlamp, wipe the moisture off the interior side of the glass and tail-lamp, and then screw it back? The tail-lamp works, doesn't it?
The light is still working, and it is possible to open the lamp, but water can enter again. I’m looking for some permanent fix.

Hi Vibhor, Ilango has already mentioned the solution for this problem.
Check this:http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/forums/43696-post155.html

But i never get it opened through A.S.S as more water might creep in if they try to remove and fix it.
That’s helpful. Thanks. Hopefully it’s not on the lens. I’ll look closely tomorrow and update if something is found there.

Drive Safe,
350Z

leave it as it is. the problem was solved in my scorpio! of course, it was just mist in my car though, not water.
Raj the same thing happened with me too.
During my recent trip to Goa, There was some mist like inside headlamp.
It went of the next day with usage of headlamp.
If A.S.S try to fix it they may worsen it further.

Thread Starter #7

350Z

Core Team
Bad, I'm too late to fix it. The bulb seems to have gone kaput.

Drive Safe,
350Z

BTW, during the delivery of the i10, there was mist inside the headlamps. Our salesman told us that with usage of head-lights, it would disappear, and it did, in < 1 hr!

Thats bad 350Z. Btw why not open up the lamp cover and try to find out any gaps. If yiu find one, seal it using thin rubber gaskets(was used in older cars) or adhesive. I once did the same for my Indigos Tail lamp assembly and the problem didnt crop up again.

BTW, during the delivery of the i10, there was mist inside the headlamps. Our salesman told us that with usage of head-lights, it would disappear, and it did, in < 1 hr!

In any condition , no mist should form inside.[frustration]
Replace them in warrenty.

Any mist will go away in heat. [evil]

I have seen cars with huge amount of water inside , like even the bulb submerged in water and working fine!

The mist in the tail lamp still remains even after a week.[frustration]
I thought that this mist vapor will disappear, but remains the same.
Will this be replaced under warranty?

The mist in the tail lamp still remains even after a week.[frustration]
I thought that this mist vapor will disappear, but remains the same.
Will this be replaced under warranty?
Yes, mist SHOULD NOT be there. Get to your SS and ask him to rectify the problem, if problem persists ask him to change the lamps.

Arkin replace the headlamps as soon as possible under warranty. Mist formation is not normal!

BTW even we use our headlamp in Safari with not only mist but water also inside but nothing happened to the bulb till now.

Vibhor, Sorry to reply late. But has your problem solved?

Have your car's tail light broken?
How can water enter through a sealed tail light?
If its not broken, check whether the tail light seals properly.

Top Bottom