Sold Out My Beloved INNOVA, Now Which Car?

Re: Sold Out My Beloved INNOVA. Now which Car?

I hope you give the detailed TD reports of the cars you have driven.

Superb is also a good car , VFM compared to the 320d. Just that Skoda's A.S.S is a bit troublesome , but if the dealer in your place is good enough then no worries. Just take the extended warranty and enjoy the car!

30 lakhs and no BMW x1 or x3 in sight? [surprise][thinking]

also nothing with regards to a captiva, or the upcoming trailblazer in sight.

Last edited:

Phew , 5 pages and 62 posts.
half of them td's !!

Almost all cars considered.

From your side ,

I suggest you to select tata aria.

reason
1. You have other brand/countries car , like skoda of Czechoslovakia. corolla from japan. etc
2. Tata is our home product kind of.
3.They have come from a big way , they are improving , they have intrest , they are proving .
4. Give them a chance. After all you'll be selling any car in or about 1L kms. not sure , if you like it more another lack of kms!
5. Since tata aria have attracted you in many ways , and it satisfies your need in almost everything , like running in rough roads , comfortness , drivability and what not. its even some lacks lesser that your budget.

Give them a chance [:D]

Thread Starter #65

I hope you give the detailed TD reports of the cars you have driven.

Superb is also a good car , VFM compared to the 320d. Just that Skoda's A.S.S is a bit troublesome , but if the dealer in your place is good enough then no worries. Just take the extended warranty and enjoy the car!
Will give the detailed TD report and this time it will be more professional instead of personal so that it can help other members too.Did two more TDs today,will come up with reports later,right now due to some work,can't write.

How did you know that, it seems your prediction gonna become reality word by word:lol!:
Maybe he thinks the way I do.

30 lakhs and no BMW x1 or x3 in sight? [thinking]
also nothing with regards to a captiva, or the upcoming trailblazer in sight.
X1 is not in sight as we both disliked this car and my father even declared it a 'FALSE or FAKE' BMW,instead 320d CE(now its called 320d only,in 2009 it was CE impressed us a lot and will soon check it at the dealership)

Captiva is already rejected.Trailblazer?What car is this?

ilango[speed thirst];131733 said:
Phew , 5 pages and 62 posts.
half of them td's !!

Almost all cars considered.

From your side ,

I suggest you to select tata aria.

reason
1. You have other brand/countries car , like skoda of Czechoslovakia. corolla from japan. etc
2. Tata is our home product kind of.
3.They have come from a big way , they are improving , they have intrest , they are proving .
4. Give them a chance. After all you'll be selling any car in or about 1L kms. not sure , if you like it more another lack of kms!
5. Since tata aria have attracted you in many ways , and it satisfies your need in almost everything , like running in rough roads , comfortness , drivability and what not. its even some lacks lesser that your budget.

Give them a chance
Half of the posts are TDs because they are done,in fact I too feel that this thread is converted more to a TD thread instead of a decision making thread.

Aria is already in the priority list and the way it impressed us as well as its price is making us think hard about it.And XUV which was lost came back into picture as it was the lowest priced car which was TDed by us and also it was the first one to get selected hence after many TDs we feel that this car really had something.(But still,sad news is that Aria stands more chances as per today)

And yes,that preference list has some faults,will post the new one later.

Last edited:

How did you know that [surprise], it seems your prediction gonna become reality word by word

I was just reading this thread and with some 'reading in between the lines' . Also some of his posts in other threads came into mind.

Listen to what the Father is telling his son - "we are going for something big"

Further, he is silent on my post.

Thread Starter #67

Hmmm what made you say the first statement buddy , any reasons?:smile:
The reason is coming up in my next TD report,only hint for you is that simply no other SUV matches the ride of an Aria from low cost XUV to high cost Santa-Fe,simply no other.

I was just reading this thread and with some 'reading in between the lines' . Also some of his posts in other threads came into mind.

Listen to what the Father is telling his son - "we are going for something big"

Further, he is silent on my post.
Hmm,you have quite good observing approach buddy.

Thread Starter #68

Here comes the next TD report,this time its the MIGHTY BMW 320d CE:-

We reached Gurgaon and as soon as we reached the meeting spot I saw something different in the parking spot other than a regular Ford Fiesta,I went close to see what was there and AHA!!To my surprise it was a BMW 320d CE(Corporate edition).Now we talked to the owner(of course papa's friend)about work and after about 4 hours came the point 'Which car is this'?The guy told happily "I bought this BMW just a week back from a businessman for just 13.8 lacs,the car has done 44k kms and according to BMW engineers this car is simply perfect and in an immaculate condition".So after talking for sometime came the TD and the guy simply handed keys to us and TD was a long one from Gurgaon to Dharuhera and back(a work trip about 100 kms long).

First of all,even the key was also 'special' and now starts the TD:-
Opened the door,it looked quite small from outside but as soon as you are on the driver's seat you feel the space to be quite decent.What I felt was that getting in and out was not that comfy maybe due to comparatively small door or the height of the car or was just a feeling of mine.
Start the car and if settles into a clam idle and although its a BMW but still the cabin was not that calm as say..hmmm..[thinking]..A Superb or an Accord but since it was a diesel and also quite old so everything was acceptable.
Now we start moving,aha an auto gearbox it is and hence we slowly came out of cluttered streets of Gurgaon to Iffco chowk(NH-8) and as soon as the car climbed the NH-8,now it was me and my car game,no matter how much traffic was,no matter what the speed is.The bimmer was showing everyone what it can do and my father was happy on the rear seat.
Buttons on the wheel are small but are simply perfect and impressive with the crisp they work and their placement is so well thought that they really never ever get pressed even by mistake while driving.
Steering is really perfect and well mated with the dynamics,it is not light at any speeds,quite heavy all the time,but responsive too at the same time,there is nothing called disconnected feeling,its a BMW and drives like you expect one to drive.The chassis is really very rigid and acts perfectly to your steering inputs,there are no signs of flexibility or elasticity in the chassis like in most of the Japanese cars..

Running quite out of time for some reasons and hence will post complete TD after sometime,sorry for that..TO BE CONTINUED..

Here comes the next TD report,this time its the MIGHTY BMW 320d CE:-....
....most of the Japanese cars..
Seems like autosafari's words are becoming true?
What is the cost of BMW in your place?If at all you are considering, google for BMW 320 2012, has a very good appeal.

Well waiting for the complete report buddy. And also if you are planning to buy a new 320d , the new one comes with EPS which makes it light at low speeds and weighs up sufficiently when speeds increases. Are you planing to wait for the new 3-series or buy the current one? And also the ride is low slung , even i found it difficult to get in and out of any Bmw sedan.

One of the major drawbacks of the current 3-series is it's space but you have said your dad was happy with it. The new one has even more space.

Vipul since now your budget is 30 lakh, so The Xover advices you to put in some extra moolah and go for base version of Freelander 2 which now starts at 33 lakh ex-showroom.No other car at the moment in India has the snob (not even merc and bimmer) value of Range/Land Rover or Jaguar.So your entire colony will be stunned as will your entire friend circle if you can somehow squeeze LR Freelander in your budget.What say dost?:biggrin::biggrin:

Vipul since now your budget is 30 lakh, so The Xover advices you to put in some extra moolah and go for base version of Freelander 2 which now starts at 33 lakh ex-showroom.No other car at the moment in India has the snob (not even merc and bimmer) value of Range/Land Rover or Jaguar.So your entire colony will be stunned as will your entire friend circle if you can somehow squeeze LR Freelander in your budget.What say dost?:biggrin::biggrin:
Even i love the land rover. But the base version feels pretty deficient.
But nothing beats the Land rover. Probably my next car.:)

Yes vipul u can take a look at it. Meerut's first Rover!

Thread Starter #74

Seems like autosafari's words are becoming true?
What is the cost of BMW in your place?If at all you are considering, google for BMW 320 2012, has a very good appeal.
Well,have to go for the TD of BMW some days later,so can't comment as the one I drove was a used car and a 2009 model.

Well waiting for the complete report buddy. And also if you are planning to buy a new 320d , the new one comes with EPS which makes it light at low speeds and weighs up sufficiently when speeds increases. Are you planing to wait for the new 3-series or buy the current one? And also the ride is low slung , even i found it difficult to get in and out of any Bmw sedan.

One of the major drawbacks of the current 3-series is it's space but you have said your dad was happy with it. The new one has even more space.
Wow,any idea dear Dhaya about the launch of the new 3?

About dad being happy..hmmm[thinking],let me complete the report.

Vipul since now your budget is 30 lakh, so The Xover advices you to put in some extra moolah and go for base version of Freelander 2 which now starts at 33 lakh ex-showroom.No other car at the moment in India has the snob (not even merc and bimmer) value of Range/Land Rover or Jaguar.So your entire colony will be stunned as will your entire friend circle if you can somehow squeeze LR Freelander in your budget.What say dost?
Yes dear Xovy,you are quite right,a Rangie is a rangie but,only small problem with me is that I hate showing off,even some of my friends don't know if I own any car except the Honda City in which we friends seldom go to college.
I am trying to keep the [rice on the lower side of even 25 lacs because the way the car is going to be used simply takes me away from those luxuries,and also the A.S.S. of a land rover can come up as an issue for us.Still if I would have expanded the budget to 40 lacs,then a JAGUAR is for me,not a Rangie.
Simple it is,if I want a car now then I'll have to buy sensibly,else I can buy even a Bentley but for that I'll have to sell out some property,some accounts will be emptied and some loans will come up,but then WHERE IS THE SENSE?

Even i love the land rover. But the base version feels pretty deficient.
But nothing beats the Land rover. Probably my next car.:)

Yes vipul u can take a look at it. Meerut's first Rover!
The answer to your post is above dear.
Rest about rangies in Meerut,there are already two of them with a politician(one at his Delhi house and another here,I won't disclose the name,both cars are Delhi registered)and one Evoque is also coming(again its the son of a politician here in Meerut,hint:Have you seen a Suzuki Intruder,Hayabusha,Kawasaki Ninja,Honda CBR,Harley Iron,Black Hummer,BMW Z4,BMW X5,Audi A6,Mercedes Benz M220 CDI(not sure of the name)Mercedes Benz E and Merc GL SUV, driving guy in Meerut,this guy is bringing Evoque too?).

Top Bottom