Sold Out My Beloved INNOVA, Now Which Car?

Thread Starter #46
Re: Sold Out My Beloved INNOVA. Now which Car?

Just saw your post in TEST DRIVE section and replied, please check.And yes Camry is one heck of a car,btw what do you think about Skoda Superb V6?
Well V6 is a 3.6 TFSI(or call TSI) petrol engine in V6 configuration,this car has 4X4 too but then it will have extremely high running costs just like Accord V6.
Skoda cars will be checked within 3-4 days and will post their TD report too.

Thread Starter #47

Now comes the TD of TATA ARIA PRIDE 4X4:
Disclaimer:Again a quite long review,and if you don't like long reports then also you will have to read it if you feel like reading it:biggrin:,secondly this review is based on the views of I,my father and chauffy,so no offence to anyone.

As per the promised time my phone rang,Alas!It was a Tata SE who called to ask if we are coming or not and since we were on our way so I told him that we will be there within 5 minutes.We reached the dealership and as soon as I opened the door of my car there was a smart looking soft spoken boy who came running to us and greeted us.
I:You are Mr....
He:Yes Sir,so should we proceed.

Now came out my father and chauffy and we entered the dealership,now here starts the whole drama(all three of us were in a mood of pulling the legs of the guy in a really humorous mood),but a fact to mention is the intello SE,he replied each and every query of us with a smile and not by reading anything on the brochure.
After we entered the dealership:-
Chauffy:Dekh lo truck(look at the trucks)!!
SE:Smiling,yes sir luxury trucks.
Chauffy:Gaadi dikhaao bhai(bro,show the car)..
SE:Which one?
I:Have we talked on phone?
SE:Yes sir,I mean only Aria or new Safari too.
I:Where is new Safari?
SE:We have its details,you can book one for you.
Father(Smiling):Wow,a new Safari is launched!!
SE(Overjoyed):Yes sir,even better.
Father:Then show us the ARIA,let the better people buy the better Safari.

SE became nervous,lost his smile and said "Sir,here it is".pointing towards the vehicle.

When he picked up the brochure,I calmly took it from him and started reading it and asked him to explain now..and whoaa!!The guy smiled and explained all and everything so correctly that I was surprised,he knew everything power,torque,length,breadth,features etc etc.

Chauffy:Checking car(TD car) kahaan hai?Mangwao bhai.(Where is checking car?call it)

He pointed towards a red colored Aria Pride 4X4 parked outside handing over the keys to chauffy,I was really surprised to see a top end Aria for TD else before it both times I had TDed a mid range model.(Pride was only shown both the times).

We came outside and again same chauffy driving,I on front seat and SE and my father on rear seat:
Father after entering the car said:Tata gaadi banani seekh gaya(tata has learnt how to make cars)..
SE smiled and said:Sir,for you only.
Father gave him an angry look and again he was silent,again we all were laughing in the car very next moment,this relaxed the SE.
Car first moved towards the main city and chauffy was quite happy sitting in a commanding position and honking the hell out of others and sometimes even making the engine roar to scare away the two wheelers and rickshaws.
Overall we all were happy with the interiors and my father was really enjoying the calmness inside,there was really very low noise filtering inside the cabin and everything felt very well put together too.
Then I started checking out the vehicle,no doubt some cheap bits were there,SE was explaining the features,but he himself didn't knew to whom as none of us was hearing him but just asking him again and again to tell about a thing or two.This car had just 3.2k kms on odo.
No signs of abuse inside,so you can say it was a well maintained TD vehicle,first time I saw for a Tata.

So now came a quite bad patch of road and chauffy simply accelerated the car to 70 kph in the city itself,and WOW! we didn't even came to know where the bad patch has gone,mt father said "Bacha ke nikaal li kya(you saved from passing over the bad patch)"
Chauffy smiled and said "Nahi,yeh toh soccer(not 'shocker') ka kamaal hai(this is the effect of shockers)"

Now we came out on NH 58 again and car started flying 100-120-140kph.
Chauffy:Badi jam ke chal rahi hai(very planted).
With darkness increasing headlights came to life and we were really surprised seeing how good the headlights were,I mean they were really good.But not at par with..[thinking].A laura,or a Corolla.

Came the tollbooth in front,chauffy stopped the car now my turn but to my surprise,father said "Carry on,ahead the highway is open,this car is good in city now let's see how it is on highways"..
So we paid Rs 95 at tollbooth and now Aria started really flying,150-160-165-brakes..
First trap on SE:ABS and airbags are useless,life and death is in God's hands.
SE:You are right sir,but if God has given life then why to meet accidents,for that is ABS,if accident has to happen then it happens but it can be less disastrous if ABS is there,same way if injury has to happen then it happens but it will be less if airbags are there.

We were really impressed by his answer.
At last after testing Aria on all the scales we returned back after a really long TD of 56 kms and my father said "put a tick mark on this car".
At last Aria's observations were:-
1):Comfy,well built UV with utility of light 4X4 for slight off-roading and water/mud logged ways.
2):Great ride quality.
3):Comfy middle row and lot of safety features to keep you safe as well as confident.

4):Cumbersome and body roll.
5):Bumpy if speed is low and road is broken.
6):Acceleration could have been better.

Second trap for SE,is about price which will come later as this post has grown too long.
TO BE CONTINUED..

Thread Starter #48

So now came the second trap for SE,this was during the TD itself as he was all alone there with us in the car:-
I:So,what's the price of the car?
SE:Sir its about 18.5 lacs on-road Meerut.But since there is a discounts and offers etc,so you will get the car for about 15.6-16 lacs.
I:Hmm,15.6 lacs.If we get it registered in Uttarakhand or Haryana then we will get it for around 15-15.3 lacs,right?
SE:Yes sir.

Now comes true trap:
I:I have heard that this 2012 Aria is not as good as the non-discounted Arias till November 2011 were?
SE(Thinking it as an opportunity and overjoyed):Yes sir,the Arias before december were the best Arias.
Father(He knew what is going on):But what is the use,now we can't get an Aria of that time,they must be sold out.
SE(Really overjoyed):Sir which color you want?Maybe I can arrange one for you.
I(Fake overjoyed):Really?Then any color,but yes white or black will be preferable,but any color is acceptable.
SE made a fake call to someone for half a minute and said "Sir,there is a Black Aria according to your wish with us".
I:Is it before December?
SE:The newest before December,its a November 2011.
I:Wow,will we get it for this price?
SE(Thinking of us as fools and trying to take its advantage):Sir,now a days new buyers are quite mindless,they go for newer ones only and leave that better one,maybe you are the lucky buyer to get that car.
I:Are there any more discounts on that car?
SE:Sir Tata itself is giving free insurance on that car,also you won't have to pay any extra money for black color and there is Rs 5100 cash discount also on the car.

Now everyone knows that these offers are given by dealerships,but still...

I:Wow,can we see that car?
SE:Yes sir,but it is not that clean outside and yes you can get the car tomorrow itself.

Reaching the dealership the SE showed us that car in a covered stockyard,the car was also covered with a cover and was looking quite good,we opened the car and found everything okay.The odo had 1.2 kms on it,while tyres had virtually no dust on them.

Hasn't started the car,nor I noted the VIN number as it would have made him quite attentive,instead I want to give him a hard blow at one go so that I can get the highest possible discount on this car(We are in a mood of cracking at least a lac on this car):biggrin:

So right now what I know is:-
1):There is a 3 months old Aria carefully kept at the dealership.
2):This car is not selling so they will also want to sell it.
3):Nothing found at fault with the car.

So friends my questions are:-
1):Should I consider this car for my list?
2):If yes,then how much should be cracked on this car?We are aiming 14-14.5 lacs at most.
3):What extra precautions should be taken before buying this car?

Nice detailed TD reviews good job!

My friend has a Camry i have sat in it but i have not driven it. Agree one great comfortable car but buyers in this segment are a little brand conscious and want something more flashy and also a lack of diesel engine. And also the cons you said with the car that is where the Europeans excel. Japs concentrate in comfort more whereas the Europeans rule when it comes to dynamics.

Agree with all your cons in Aria too. Almost all our SUV/MUV have body roll so let's not take this seriously.

Black Aria must be stunning! Try to make the most out of the deal possible , you are doing them a favour by clearing their stock , they better give good discount! Tell him you will make full payment the next day if they give a better offer. Just make a thorough PDI and make sure everything is okay. Can you tell me what tyres were on the car?

Last edited:
Thread Starter #50

Nice detailed TD reviews good job!

My friend has a Camry i have sat in it but i have not driven it. Agree one great comfortable car but buyers in this segment are a little brand conscious and want something more flashy and also a lack of diesel engine. And also the cons you said with the car that is where the Europeans excel. Japs concentrate in comfort more whereas the Europeans rule when it comes to dynamics.
+100
Leave Honda and Nissan and most of the Japs can't match Europeans when it comes to dynamics.

Black Aria must be stunning! Try to make the most out of the deal possible , you are doing them a favour by clearing their stock , they better give good discount! Tell him you will make full payment the next day if they give a better offer. Just make a thorough PDI and make sure everything is okay. Can you tell me what tyres were on the car?
Yes,if we buy Aria then it will be bought on cash payment itself and if we bargain then its a fact that best bargain is always done by showing cash-in-hand to the opposite party.
Well,being true I haven't seen the tyres that thoroughly but still as much I remember either it was some Goodyear or were Apollo.Most probably Goodyear as the tread pattern was not like Hawk M/T tyres.You confirm it as you own an Aria.

Yes why i was specific about tyres is the earlier batches like mine got Good year Wrangler tyres. But now the latest cars are getting Bridgestone , even Karthickramu has got Bridgestone if i am right.

Thread Starter #53

Which dealer gave you the TD ? Shree vasu or the new one ( can't remember its name):confused:
If I'll explain everything then what will you do?You will automatically understand who the dealer is,just once more read the TD review.Else I'll tell you the next time I login.

A BAD CUM GOOD NEWS:-
Again our first priority 'work' has intruded and for the same reason I'll be out for three days.
But since I'll be in Delhi,Gurgaon and Jaipur so I'll still TD a car or two each day,so will definitely come up with at least three-four more TD reports.

Yes why i was specific about tyres is the earlier batches like mine got Good year Wrangler tyres. But now the latest cars are getting Bridgestone , even Karthickramu has got Bridgestone if i am right.
Tata displayed Aria with Michelin tyres in 2010 Auto Expo but launched it with Goodyear, btw have heard that Goodyear tyres are not good, can you confirm?

Well i have not had any problems with Good Year till now but they are very noisy!

Haven't you given a thought to Duster if bad roads and offroading is concern for for you as you you mentioned in your requirements.

If its a SUV to pick than short vehicles like Duster are unbeatable in some hardcore offroadings: have a look on this video, bigger and heavy SUVs have difficulty to do this kind of things : TAT 2011 - Dusters water test - YouTube

Yeti also falls in short SUV category.

I think you should first decide if you need a SUV or a "CAR" becasue SUV can not be driven like a car on high speeds and cars can not be used for offroading purpose.

If its a car than I would suggest you to seriously think about Passat and Superb. Japanese or Korean come nowhere near to these while we talks about driving dynamics.

Haven't you given a thought to Duster if bad roads and offroading is concern for for you as you you mentioned in your requirements.

If its a SUV to pick than short vehicles like Duster are unbeatable in some hardcore offroadings

Yeti also falls in short SUV category.

I think you should first decide if you need a SUV or a "CAR" becasue SUV can not be driven like a car on high speeds and cars can not be used for offroading purpose.

If its a car than I would suggest you to seriously think about Passat and Superb. Japanese or Korean come nowhere near to these while we talks about driving dynamics.
Hmm!!! This seems to be like selling ice to an Eskimo [lol]

This guy knows everything and just fooling us around like he does with the SEs. Anyway its an interesting thread to read and therefore all posts are welcome.

keep them coming.

But finally he is going to close in with a Merc or BMW.

Thread Starter #58

Today I can say that 'Tata' SUVs are really the best when it comes to ride,rest in all other fields better will be less said.
Well,it was the enthusiasm of us which made us complete whole work of three days in just 17 hours and again we went off for TDs,on total 11 TDs done in 2 days and here is the list of rejected cars(some even without TD):-
1):Ford Endy(after TD).
2):Mitsubishi Outlander.
3):Honda CR-V(after TD).
4):Hyundai Santa-Fe(may come back again-after TD)
5):Honda Civic.
6):Skoda Yeti(after TD).
7):Skoda Laura L&K(after TD).
8):Honda City.
9):Chevrolet Captiva(after TD).

Cars those are passed for further research(they are going to the matrix for score competition-positioned according to preference):
1):M&M XUV
2):Skoda superb TDI.
3):Honda Accord
4):BMW 320D CE(New entrant,decided after a sudden TD done on a 2009 model car)
5):Audi A4 2.0 TDI(Used-Done 18000kms,owned by a known person)
6):Tata Aria Pride 4X4.

More cars to be added and removed,right now quite tired,will come up with all TD reports soon..

Hmmm what made you say the first statement buddy , any reasons?:smile:

Well for XUV i hope you are aware that waiting periods are really high , book it only if you are ready to wait.

I did not suggest you 320D CE because you mentioned under 25Lakhs , if you can get then it's the best , just forget all other sedans! 320d may not be as spacious as an Accord or Superb but for your family i think it must be good enough. Used A4 also sounds good but a brand new Bmw with warranty and BSI package just gives you the piece of mind.

Thread Starter #60

I did not suggest you 320D CE because you mentioned under 25Lakhs , if you can get then it's the best , just forget all other sedans! 320d may not be as spacious as an Accord or Superb but for your family i think it must be good enough. Used A4 also sounds good but a brand new Bmw with warranty and BSI package just gives you the piece of mind.
Forgot to mention,after some stuck works are done,upper limit is now exceeded to 30 lac and 320D CE lies in this limit.
rest Superb 2.0 TDI DSG is the car which impressed us most and is about 26 lacs on-road Delhi and 25.3 lacs on-road Gurgaon(Haryana).

Top Bottom