Sold Out My Alto. Now Which Car?

You can wait for Duster/Ecosport. Duster would be a very good option and will be launched by Q3 2012. I'm sure both will be worth the wait. If you cant wait, punto 90HP MJD will suit you well. I personally dont recommend the i20.IMO, it just has features and nothing more. Punto and Polo will be pure fun to drive .If you love driving and can cope up with a few features, Polo and Punto will be good. But, Punto's motor is better than 1.2 in Polo. So, either Punto/Duster/Ecosport.
If you can wait till end of the year you will have options like duster, ecosport like Superbad said fluence is also a very very good car good looking and with a great proven engine .

Skoda Rapid is a good option under 10L and if you can exceed the budget to 15L than the ALTIS is the best option as mentioned by TSIvipul. And i guess with that budget you can also look for the Laura.

Ertiga should be an apt choice for you.

You are looking for a replacement for your Alto.
So Maruti Suzuki service support, reliability will continue.
Compact car and space constraint will not be an issue for you.

Fulfil your requirement of popular car.
Go for Top end diesel.

Since you have a City and a Scorpio, Ertiga will be complimenting the fleet.

My 2 cents if you can wait for the ecosport launch and then make a decision
dont go for another scorpio - that will be too boring in your garage as you already have one

Ertiga should be an apt choice for you.

You are looking for a replacement for your Alto.
So Maruti Suzuki service support, reliability will continue.
Compact car and space constraint will not be an issue for you.

Fulfil your requirement of popular car.
Go for Top end diesel.

Since you have a City and a Scorpio, Ertiga will be complimenting the fleet.
+100,since you need a car for yourself,so Ertiga will be the best..

Though your monthly run is in mid range still i suggest diesel fuel option considering your requirement. My vote goes for Ertiga because it's new kid on the block that too from Maruti cheaper to own and maintain with excellent after sales service.

DDIS 1.3L is a proven engine and may give you excellent fuel efficiency in even this car though you may feel slight power loss considering the size of the car but you can test drove it for better opinion on this.

Thread Starter #24

lxi.

Suspended
Superbad, Noope. No RENAULTS, Ok. The cars you mentioned are with ONE IN A MILLION people! I have seen 1 koleos (Black), 1 Fluence (Black) and no other car, not even that Pulse. So, I DONT WANT ANY RENAULT. (No offence)

TSI - Yaar. I also like the Altis. Atleast it is ok when status symbol (Class) is needed. Regarding your lines, I also agree with them. My friend also bought an Altis some months back.
What about an Etios? Lol! I am serious!

Ok. I thought to save money. Actually, We have to buy some plot and are short of money at the moment. I thought that even a Dzire vdi, Etios Diesel Top model (Whichever it is) would also be fine. Or even a Polo TDI Highline would be considered. I love POLO!
And, I expect a powerful car and an enthusiatic drive ! so, Altis cannot make it.
Also, It is considered as a Chauffer driven car, And I will drive my car Myself.

Yesterday, I had a talk with dad.

Me - Pappa.
He - Hmm.
Me - New car. I have almost decided.
He - Which one?
Me - Have you seen the Rapid? It is also nice, I believe.
He - No. I have seen it and was not impressed.
Me - Then what, Laura?
He - I dont remember exactly. What is the price?
Me - Somewhere around 14-15 Lacs.
He - What? 15 L? I would rather go for Altis!
Me - Dad! Please! :(
He - No. Why a powerful car? You dont even drive above 120kmph. (Lol! When he is in the car, I hardly cross 100! Lol)
Me - Then What? I am going for Dzire.
He - Also consider etios.

Then I became angry and went to my room.

:lol!:

Now. I personally feel Etios is also nice, Owners please help.

And, After budget slightly decreased (Maybe 8-9 L)-
I considered the following cars from which i will buy one-
1. Maruti Suzuki Swift Dzire Vdi/ Ldi.
2. Toyota Etios VD
3.Tata Manza Aura ABS Diesel
4.VW Polo Highline 1.2 Diesel
5. Fiat Punto Emotion 1.3

Please Help now. Which car out of the above? IT will be final.

Thread Starter #25

lxi.

Suspended
@Akhil Gopalg - I also consider the Punto and Polo, But, Personally, I am not rather interested by Punto's Looks. Especially, Rear. I am ok with Rear but family doesnt like it at all! I am taking polo Tdi 1.2 Highline in consideration.

@Raja - No Renaults Please.

@Singh - I have removed the Altis. And the budget is also becoming a bit tight. I can spend max 9 L at this moment. Please help with other options.

@peter - I agree that fabia is nice. But, Mom Dad say that why spending 8-9 L for a car which is SMALL. They say that buy a Sedan (Manza preferably) atleast.

@Sam - NO RENAULTS! I think i have to change the thread title with "...- Except RENAULTS!" :lol!:

@Auto - OOps, Autosafari! The Ertiga LUV. I am not impressed with it but will do a TD in coming days to give a final decision on this car.

@Iron Rock - Yes yes. Will wait. But if by that time, I make my decision. Then ,BYE ECOSPORT. And, Not going for another scorpy. Final.

@Tough guy and VIpul - will do a TD and then decide.

Cheers.

Will keep you updated.

@ LXI. going for a manza then ? looks proper sedan and i guess will fit in 9L budget.

i am not game for the ertiga.

ETIOS : with the cost cutting and the premium associated with it i do not think its vfm.

Punto. go for 90hp version if you can.

best of luck.

P.S : i suggested fluence only because you were looking for the diesel altis which is a puny engine anyways, so suggested a better alternative at that price point.

Go for Fiesta Classic,it is a fabulous car.
And if you can adjust with petrol then Fiesta Classic 1.6 or the Polo 1.6.

Fact:Powerful hatchbacks are always having benefit in cities and congested highways like NH-8 or NH-58.Also they give good FE as well as good comfort and at last..they make for a sporty drive everyday.

Don't ask me for any diesel car.Why?Because I am confused among them and literally don't like any diesel car under 8 lacs.

From your final short list, I would suggest Manza.

Go for Manza Elan instead of Aura ABS

Price difference between these two are not much.
And you get the following additional amoung other things
Air bags (2)
Alloy wheels
(I know you don't like stock alloy wheels. But have a look. Those dual tone alloys are classy and matches perfectly with the Car)
Retractor, pretensioners & load limiters on front seat belts
Follow me home head lamps
One touch down driverside power window
Power window operate 30 seconds even after switch off etc.

Thread Starter #30

lxi.

Suspended
I am still young and love spirited driving.
Will the Manza be good?

I showed Dad the etios and manza on the net and he says - both are nice, any one will do. You decide.

Now the race is between the Etios and Manza.
Which is better in terms of-
looks ; interiors; ASS ; mileage.
Prices of both in delhi.
Autosafari - you already know i dont like alloys of manza. I just hate the two tone!
Which variants in both are VFM?

Top Bottom