Sold My Swift VDi ABS with a Heavy Heart

Thread Starter #1
Finally it was time to say goodbye [cry]to my white coloured ,swift VDi ABS ,as his younger brother ,glistening grey swift ZDi is soon to be home[clap].

Eventhough new swift lacks the fun factor of my old buddy,I was helpless since he already ran 75000km,and at this rate it will be past 1 lakh km in odo,in no time.

So a little history,I got my pearl white swift in november 2009,after much waiting.I insisted for ABS as I had experiences ,which is unforgettable, in my old cheverolet spark.

About performance and all such stuff.

its an absolute gem of a car when it comes to drivability and stability at high speeds (even at 165km.hr,its like ,engine is eager to go further,its such a rev happy engine.Due to good suspension and aerodynamic shape,it gives you enormous amount of confidence at corners ,especially at high speeds. overtaking any vehicle is a childs play. I dont have words to express how much fun it was,at high speeds. as you pass 2000 rpm,its gush of power. (I know that fun factor is what am going to miss in new swift

THINGS I HATE or rather would like to forget.

rattles ,rattles and more rattles,interior looks dated,no fansy gizmos
MODS I HAD,
Set of 5 (yes FIVE) league alloys
GREEN AIR FILTER
PIONEER 2din DVD player
g sport art leather seat cover
garware icecool window tint
Alpine and JBL for speakers(no SUB)
custom silver paint job for center console
SWIFT badging on BOOT (got rid of maruti!)

attaching few pics

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:

350Z

Core Team
Your car looks as good as new despite of clicking 75,000 Kms on odo. As far as rattles are concerned, it’s a standard feature by Maruti. How much you sold it for?

Drive Safe,
350Z

I like Old swift when compare to New swift.. I think your case and my case are similar.. because I sold my beloved Black Indica and brought Vista, BTW you sold your Swift & waiting for New Swift..

Anyhow Congrats for your New Swift..:)

Thread Starter #5
Your car looks as good as new despite of clicking 75,000 Kms on odo. As far as rattles are concerned, it’s a standard feature by Maruti. How much you sold it for?
I was shocked by some dealers rate ,finally managed to get 4.7 L[clap]
I had maintained all service records with me ,but had the setback of being met with accidents twice,and need to replace on door and bonnet,actually accidents were not major,but service people was of opinion since swift is having rather comple shape,dent work wont be perfect ,hence went ahead with part replacement

Thread Starter #7
Its a good deal for you as a seller. Any specific reason why you are going for swift again?
I was very happy with swift,and the new one is having all the features I missed in my outgoing swift
Did consider Polo,but 3 cylinder diesel lacks punch
Liked Punto ,especially 90 bhp version,but fiat service is unreliable, also they may withdraw a model with no notice
I am NOT a big fan of TATA,so striked out vista
Also did considered ,i20 ,but heard instability at high speed due to lack of steering feedback,and expensive aftersales service,so dropped..
for me swift rules[;)],eventhough new model lacks punch of old one,but i testdrove,its O.K [roll]

Top Bottom