Smartphones VS Featuredphones

Which one do you chose?

• Smartphones

Votes: 15 93.8%
  • Featuredphones

Votes: 1 6.3%

• Total voters
Hey guys what is the difference between a smartphone and a featuredphone?[confused]

I have been using Nokia 3230 , 5610 XM and now 5800XM. What category does these fall into?

Thread Starter #20

AMG

Suspended
Any phone that runs on a proprietary Operating system(except iPhone), and does not have a reasonable app store is not a smartphone.

So your x6 and sony ericsson cybershots are not smartphones.

Any phone that runs on a proprietary Operating system(except iPhone), and does not have a reasonable app store is not a smartphone.
Well then i use Nokia 5230 which has Symbian OS which supports 3rd party apps and has Ovi store can i call mine as a smart phone or not?

This is what i believe or know on this topic

We have nokia app store for some of the nokia phones that wasnt running on symbian OS

same way for certain type of low end samsung phones you call download and use apps such as Railway PNR Checking and all but even though they arent smart phones.
same thing applies in sony ericsson etc.....

Smart phones have any of the below mentioned OS
+ Symbian
+ Android
+ Windows based mobile OS
+ Samsung Bada OS

Smart phones obeys the OS related specification when it comes to hardware configuration such as RAM / Processor Etc ...

may be this sounds wierd one of my techi friend loaded and showed me windows 95 on a Nokia N95 handset, which is not possible on a Featured phone.

Firmware upgradation is limited when it comes to featured phones

Thread Starter #24

AMG

Suspended
My mom owns an nokia 2330.

It costs 3000, has pathetic hardware. But it can download apps from nokia ovi store.
And also 3rd party apps.

Using your logic, it becomes a smartphone.

This is what i believe or know on this topic

We have nokia app store for some of the nokia phones that wasnt running on symbian OS

same way for certain type of low end samsung phones you call download and use apps such as Railway PNR Checking and all but even though they arent smart phones.
same thing applies in sony ericsson etc.....

Smart phones have any of the below mentioned OS
+ Symbian
+ Android
+ Windows based mobile OS
+ Samsung Bada OS

Smart phones obeys the OS related specification when it comes to hardware configuration such as RAM / Processor Etc ...

may be this sounds wierd one of my techi friend loaded and showed me windows 95 on a Nokia N95 handset, which is not possible on a Featured phone.

Firmware upgradation is limited when it comes to featured phones
1: there are no nokia cheap phones that dont run symbian.

2: there is no way symbian should be counted as a smart OS. Because if it is, then there is no logic in leaving out samsung and sony os.

Top Bottom