Smart Phone Applications Reviews

Re: Android Applications Reviews

whatsapp has been the app of the century. it enables people to communicate together even on different OS.
anybody used jaxtrsms or something like that?

yes archit i did, but didnt enjoyed, was lagging a bit, slowed down the speed to deleted it.

App name -My Tracks by Google

Free/Charge - Free

What it does -
  • Lets you draw a route map of the path taken. DriVing/cycling/walking/etc.
  • Gives stAtistics of speed, distance, altitude, allows upload & share Maps to google mapS.
Found It very useful for sharing routes with friends and other travelers.

How it performs (your rating) -9/10 [Draws up battery very fast]

Any alternative - GPS logger [doesn't have integration with Maps on the device. You'll have to upload the "gpx" file to google servers.

App name -SpeedView

Free/Charge -Free

What it does -Digital GPS speedometer.
Cool factor [thumbsup]-- Has a "HUD" mode which allows to haVe A cool "on-screen" projection display of real tiMe Speed and data.
Watch vIdeo: SpeedView HUD for Android - YouTube

How it performs (your rating) -9/10 [Sometimes takes too long to connect with GPS data.

Any alternative -Ulysse Speedometer

App name - MapDroid

Free/Charge -Free

What it does -Free offline maps with street data and Points of interest.
[anger] Doesnt support naVigAtion.... will be useful only for locating

How it perforMS (your Iating) -10/10

Any alternative -Maverick, Google Maps

App name -ACar

Free/Charge -Free

What it does -Mileage and expense monitor for Cars/Bikes.
Allows you to feed-in data on fuel fills ups.
GiVes A coMpariSon data over tIme.

How it performs (your rating) -10/10

Any alternative -<I'm not aware of any>

App name -Sun SurVeyor

Free/Charge -Free

WhAt it does -Uses your current location to show you the path of the Sun over the day and how shadows will be Moving.
USeful whIle one is parking your rides in the Sun. Find a treee/building that will give u shade the longest.

How it performs (your rating) -10/10

Any alternative -<I'm not aware>

Last edited:

guys i guess most of you know this but for those who dont...u dont actually have to buy paid apps they are available for free on the net.
In case u want to download some paid app for eg:flight track #1 app in the store you just have to search flightrack.apk or flight track apk file etc on google.

I am looking for an android app, which can search mobile signal strength amongst various providers(available at that area) and display signal strength information importantly(and real time) - I have tried a few apps like Open Signal, Fresh Network, Network Signal Info, GSM Signal Monitor - but none of them give the list of available signals along with their respective strengths. ( I could probably connect to each network manually and measure signal strength but lets assume i am too lazy for that )

Last edited:

I am looking for an android app, which can search mobile signal strength amongst various providers(available at that area) and display signal strength information importantly(and real time) - I have tried a few apps like Open Signal, Fresh Network, Network Signal Info, GSM Signal Monitor - but none of them give the list of available signals along with their respective strengths. ( I could probably connect to each network manually and measure signal strength but lets assume i am too lazy for that )
signal strength will be shown in settings right?
settings--> about phone --> status.

i normally use instagram to take picstures and edit them to upload them on facebook and twitter. its quite handy for me.

i had this racing game called drag racing and it just basically shift your car in perfect time to get perfect starts and then carry the momentum with more perfect shifts. all cars in the game are real cars so that makes it a little interesting. but it gets boring after a while.

What is rooting in android phone .

Hello guys I just buy galaxy note 2 and just curious to know about it operating so after searching on Internet I found software called rooting of android phone but I am still confuse and don't know what it is what are its advantages and disadvantages ?

Rooting means getting system level access. Think of it as hacking your device to gain admin access. Rooting voids all warranty terms and since you are new to the concepts of rooting, better stay away from it, AT-LEAST til your phone has official warranty.

freakdude.

These are the apps i use daily in my Galaxy Note... My Note is rooted and running Official JellyBean leake.

Apps to MOD my Note: (**Not for everyone**)

1)Root explorer --- File browser to view all files including system area.
2)AdFree ---- to stop unwanted adds
3)LBE security Manager ---to fix permission for apps.
4)Autostarts --- To disable unwanted apps to Start after reboot
5)Titanium Backup -- To remove/freeze unwanted stock Apps.

Must have Apps:
1)Call reminder Notes --- Notes are shown on screen during call.
2)ColorNote Notepad --- Notes and checklist
3)Acar ----- Tracking Car fuel,expenses and reminders
4)My Budget Book ----- Money manager
5)ezpdf reader --- PDF reader
7)Tapatalk -----Forum reader
8)GPS Test ------- to check the GPS lock
9)Sygic MapmyIndia --- GPS navigation-offline.
10)Google Maps ----- Online maps for reff.
11)MxPlayer Pro --- Video Player
12)MDscan ---Scanner.To scan bills,receipts,notes.Will convert to pdf.
13)HandyCalc Calculator ----- Convertor for everything.
14)Percent Calculator --- Easy discount calculator.
15)Barometer Pro --- To get the current pressure ---My phone supports.
16)Barcode scanner --- to decode QR codes,Barcodes.
17)SMSBackup pro --- to Backup SMS
18)Call log backup ---- to Backup call logs.

Thanks.

Best / Worst android apps

I guess most of us are using android based cell phones & there are plenty of apps available in market. Thought of creating this thread to get a suggestion / experience of best & worst android apps available in market.
I’m new to android world and is using this OS from last month. I have purchased Sony Xperia Miro this December and below are the useful apps I’m using
1. aCar – Free – This is best app for tracking your vehicles petrol charges, average & even service records. The best thing about this is you can generate various reports & can be exported to XLS format. The only drawback I saw is once the new version is updated you lose your old data. However you can always export to xls & keep it as backup
2. App 2 SD – Free – Essential to move your apps from Phone to storage & clears cache in one go
3. ASTRO File Manager – Free – Good app for moving the files from one location to another
4. Caller Talker – Free - This talks the person who is calling you. If the name is stored in your contact then it will say that name else it will say out the number you call. The app also reads out the SMS. The tone is pretty clear. The only disadvantage is if you pick up the call before the number is spoken out then also the apps goes ahead & speaks the number & you cannot hear the opposite person till this apps completes.
5.PDF to Speech – This will read all .TXT files, PDF files. Good to use if you are fond of listening to e-books.
6. Talking Tom, Kids Memory & Zoo – Free – I liked the apps since it keeps my kid busy for at least 20-20 minutes

Do share your nice to have apps & experience on the same

Haven't seen anyone mentioning TrueCaller . If you happen to get a call from an unknow number most of the times it would actually tell you the name of the person with home the number is registered and also the location . However there are limitations like if the number has not been registered .

Top Bottom