Small Accident and Misunderstanding

Thread Starter #1
today @ 6' o clock evening coming home with dad in car. on the way @ a "v" junction signal turned green, & so i was passing slowly behind the traffic, a bike in the front stopped suddenly unable to control the balance with triple riding. i pulled my brakes & car jus touched the bike. unable to maintain the balance they fell down. i hit them @ nearly zero speed. infact i jus touched them. nothing happened to anyone nor the bike nor the car

the constable @ the junction asked to pull the car aside, dad got down and looking after them. while i was getting down, i constable signalled something, i thought , he signalled me to go. called my dad & moved on.

after 0.5km i saw the constable following me & signalling me to stop. now i understood im in mess. pulled the car aside & got down. the constable began howling @ me. since its my wrong i listened for some time & he began louder. that isnt a big issue to follow & stop & howl @ me when nothings happened. i lost my cool. i began pulling my contacts & asked him to file a case & take the car & bike to the station. we will proceed legally. meanwhile the SI was on the way to my rescue

the constable then came down and asked for settlement & compensation for the bike for a damaged blinker. paid 200/- & we were off.

i agree, its my fault from leaving the incident place, thought that he told me to leave.

Any balance related problem in bike is acceptable and a car hitting from behind is a fault.

Your case - you almost touched not hitting.
and the bikers were 3 in number.

Imo , you should not have paid the 200 compensation , did the biker asked for the money? why the hell does he pay the insurance then?

You didnt have any intention to run away since your dad have got down.
errors do happen and you misjudged the PC saying you to move on.

350Z

Core Team
Why did you pay the money , when the biker was riding with 3 people..
You could have asked the SI ...
Agree with the above statement. The actual fault wasn’t yours. It is ironical that in India big vehicles are targeted first during an accident regardless of whoever is at fault. I have witnessed this happening at certain occasions. This doesn’t means that small vehicles are accountable every time but some of them (especially two wheelers) often make use of the small dimension and cut lanes, drive zigzag and what not. They must be aware that bigger vehicles cannot stop as quickly as they do and even a slight hit on them from another vehicle can result in a huge damage.

Drive Safe,
350Z

This reminds me of an incident where I got rear ended by a fellow in Chevy Beat.... I ended up loosing my tail lamp & had to get it replaced. He paid 100 bucks for the loss. Fault was his though he didn't slow down knowing fully well a traffic junction was right ahead.

Thread Starter #7
i should not have paid the money.dad didnt want to entertain the argument any longer,& 200/- isnt a big amount. so settled the issue.

It is ironical that in India big vehicles are targeted first during an accident regardless of whoever is at fault
yes,thats very true

Top Bottom