Sleek Silver Hyundai Verna 1.6 SX VTVT - Sleek Indeed!!

Thread Starter #1
Sleek Silver Hyundai Verna 1.6 SX VTVT - 6 years & 50000 kms, still going strong!

I came back from the United States last April and we all started talking about replacing my then 5 year old Indica and get a new sedan. I was opting for Petrol as we don't drive much and I use my thunderbird to commute to work as it makes more sense to ride a two wheeler in this mad chennai traffic.

My dad started looking for people to sell my Indica and I started researching about Petrol sedans. My in-laws bought a i10 and I happened to visit the hyundai showroom. I enquired about Verna (it was still the old Verna) and the SP said Hyundai is going to lauch the new Verna Fluidic in another month.

Come May 2011, Verna fluidic was launched and my wife loved the car at first sight. I personally liked Honda City more than the Verna.

It was August 2011, my dad was not able to find a right person to sell my Indica. We then decided to stick with Indica for another couple of years as we have barely driven it (23000 kms in 6 years). In Dec 2011, one person voluntarily took a look at my car and he liked it very much and offered the price we quoted and took my car in the mid of Jan 2012.

Meanwhile, I researched about all Petrol Sedans starting from Swift Dzire to Honda Civic and fixed my budget at 10L + 1L. My search narrowed down to the following cars - Verna, Sunny, City, Vento, SX4 and Rapid. I didnt like the looks of SX4. Though Rapid had good reviews, and Skoda had a good reputation, I somehow felt I would be taking a risk with Rapid. I test drove the Sunny, it looked good. I liked Sunny's interior above all the other cars. Somehow while driving Sunny, I felt like driving my old Indica. It didnt have the power that I was expecting from a Sedan. It now narrowed down to Vento, City and Verna.

I test drove all 3 cars in the same day. First the Verna. It was ultra soft (I have already driven the i10 before). Liked the interiors and Hyundai has loaded the car with all accessories.

Next was Honda City. The car looked great. I sat inside the car and much to my disappointment, the car's interior looked plain without much accessories. The AC controls looked like the ones in my old Indica with two regulator knobs, one for fan speed and the other for temperature. Engine was awesome, but I heard noise of the engine while revving above 2000 RPM. One reason for me to opt for a petrol sedan was to get a silent car and Verna was super silent. Verna scored over City in my opinion.

Next was Vento's turn. Need not mention - all my choices, be it silent engine or accessories, Vento was not even closer to Verna. In addition to this, the fifth passenger could hardly rest his foot in Vento.

I hardly drive above 100 km/hr. So high speed handling was not a problem. I chose Verna Petrol. Needless to say my wife was super happy and that made me happier. [:)]

I booked my Sleek Silver Verna 1.6 SX VTVT a couple of weeks back and I am taking the delivery of my car tomorrow (4th Feb) at 10 AM. [clap]

More pictures and reviews to follow.

Last edited:
Congrats for your beauty.Something is missing without pictures of your beauty.
Wishing you a safe and a happy drive.[thumbsup]

Last edited:
Congratulations Aristo wlcome to TAI , through which dealer you purchased the car?

Hope you have got the car home by now , looking forward to some updates and pictures.

Thread Starter #9
Thanks Friends for all your wishes!!

I reached Hyundai Motor Plaza by 10:30 AM on Saturday and to my surprise, I didnt see my Verna in the delivery stands. Later checked with my SP and he said they are delivering 35 New Santa Fes to Hyundai Chennai employees from Korea.

At 11:30, they washed and brought my beauty outside. Needless to say my car was soooooooo sexy [:D]. The Number Pleates were fixed, ribbons & bows tied and we were ready to drive out at 12:30.

The SP explained each and every feature. 10 out of 10 for Hyundai Motor Plaza's customer service. They took a photograph and printed it out and handed to us immediately. Floor mats and a table clock with Verna's photo were the only freebies that they offered.

We went to Church and reached home around 1 PM. To our sad surprise, we found that my Verna will scratch her bottom in the big bump that we had in our home. My Indica used to easily clear the bump. We were really sad as we had to park our car outside our house. But later, me and my dad broke and reduced the height of the bump ourselves and brought our car in! Pictures to follow.

Last edited:
Congrats buddy, your sleek silver is looking really elegant. Plan a nice photo shoot of your car.

Top Bottom