Sleek Silver Hyundai Verna 1.6 SX VTVT - Sleek Indeed!!

Yep thts correct for me they had kept it in the glove box and it def comes. If its not there then you might want to check with the dealer.

Also aristo is your car a 2012 model.

Last edited by a moderator:
nick as a matter of fact i have begin to enjoy the steering, its just about correct i had a swift before and it had good steering response. Comparatively this is just about correct dnt agree with guys who felt it was too light.

Yes it would be light if u drove a jeep without power steering and then drove the verna ;)

bazooka light steering is pretty good. i drove my old aveo today. felt like i went gyming.
but the steering felt a bit disconnected the first few kms i drove the car on the highway.

btw aristo do post in fe figures. i do need more proof to show my service centre that i am the odd one out

Thread Starter #36
Nick - as bobazooka said - I didnt find any sluggish response from the steering. Handling within the city is really good in fact better than the Citys and Ventos. I am really loving the soft nature of the car - be it the steering or the engine (having used the Indica for 6 years).

Will post pictures of FE and other accessories soon.

Exactly, the light steering of all hyundai new car is pretty addictive. Once I exchanged ma car with one my cousin who owns i20 Astra for couple of weeks and when after 2 weeks I took my Swift back found its steering way to heavy.

Swift steering is pretty awesome and car feels very safe even when I drive the car at 120 km/hr on the other hand never dared to take i20 above 100km/hr but the place where I generally drive I hardly get chance to touch even 60 km/hr and there is no highway drive at all for me.

Thread Starter #38
Friends, Sorry for the brief sabbatical. I was busy with work.

My new sleeky has clocked more than 1200 kms [clap] - thanks to the weekend long trip (950 kms).

After seeing many reviews about highway handling, I was very eager to take my beauty to the highways to check the way she behaved. We were four adults on board and a fully loaded trunk.

Man - she was awesome and extremely powerful. She takes off like a rocket and reaches 100 kmph in no time. I am very impressed about the speed and the control. The handling was not bad either. Most of our journey was on NH 45 and the road was pretty good and flat. No worries about handling. The steering was little heavier at high speeds and it was responsive. We touched 130kmph a couple of times - just to test the power. Was driving under 100 kmph most of the time.

Now comes the important thing about FE - I used regular HP Petrol, 32psi pressure on all tyres and driving under 100 kmph with little experimentation (high speed, higher RPMS) during our onward journey and the FE was 18.2 kmpl. During our return journey, I was driving a constant 90kmph and my FE was a whopping 19.1 kmpl. That is just amazing [clap]

We did get an opportunity to check the braking efficiency as well. We were driving at around 95 kmph when a deaf, dumb and probably blind old lady crossed the road at about may be 10m distance. I had to brake pretty heavy to avoid her and we were down to about 25 kmph in no time with the car in total control. Thans to ABS, EBD and the discs the old lady was safe and we were too. Her forearm just kissed our side ORVM but nothing happened.

Will post more pictures of my car soon.

Attachments

Last edited:
aristo apart from what the console shows. when you did the calculations manually how much fe did you end up at? yeap brakes are pretty good they never skid or screatch, did 130km/h feel any bouncy for you?

Hey Aristo was thinking just yesterday abt u as ur thread didn't have any post :) welcome back that's a nice write up and MID at 19.2 kmpl is very interesting as nick said what's the actual FE as per ur calculations.

Last edited:
even me as a human is a rare case [:D] waiting for aristo to post the manual calculations. if he indeed got 18/19kmpl i bet diesel guys gonna have sad faces [evil] but ill be honest from what I've heard, the verna petrol is indeed a fuel efficient car.

by the way did you top up somewhere in between?

Last edited:
Infanct I'm bit curious as well 18/19 although achievable but having it at a constant can be a real achievement. Coz many factors play into the foray like environment conditions, driveway, fuel, driving methodology etc. I'm keen to know what's the real world figures aristo got like I said earlier when I filled in 10 litres of fuel the DTE showed 183 that's like 18.3 kmpl and u corrected nick that the real world figures might be quite different.

see a snap of mine http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...verna-fluidic-sx-o-experience-27102011300.jpg the bar dropped one bar from full after 120kms. not sure how much fuel had used up on this drive but two bars dropped after 160kms and was somewhere below 3/4 tank after 240kms but this tank lasted 470kms.
still this coming sunday ill see what comes up. if it gives an fe of 15km/l also il take it that my empty roads are to be considered as city. But then again when i drive in city 7km/l is really weird.

dte will display kms till empty with regards to lives of fuel in tank and previous fe logged. Its not fully reliable but serves its purpose well. just wished they included that extremely crucial below 50kms cause when that goes --- we start running to find pumps not sure when it will run out, but thanks for that blinking light we know we have 1/2l left

Last edited:

Top Bottom