Sleek Silver Hyundai Verna 1.6 SX VTVT - Sleek Indeed!!

Thread Starter #286
2 years completed with my beauty. Its her 2nd bday tomorrow. 13k kms done. 3rd service completed. The experience has been awesome so far!!

Friends, Sorry for the brief sabbatical. I was busy with work.

My new sleeky has clocked more than 1200 kms [clap] - thanks to the weekend long trip (950 kms).

After seeing many reviews about highway handling, I was very eager to take my beauty to the highways to check the way she behaved. We were four adults on board and a fully loaded trunk.

Man - she was awesome and extremely powerful. She takes off like a rocket and reaches 100 kmph in no time. I am very impressed about the speed and the control. The handling was not bad either. Most of our journey was on NH 45 and the road was pretty good and flat. No worries about handling. The steering was little heavier at high speeds and it was responsive. We touched 130kmph a couple of times - just to test the power. Was driving under 100 kmph most of the time.

Now comes the important thing about FE - I used regular HP Petrol, 32psi pressure on all tyres and driving under 100 kmph with little experimentation (high speed, higher RPMS) during our onward journey and the FE was 18.2 kmpl. During our return journey, I was driving a constant 90kmph and my FE was a whopping 19.1 kmpl. That is just amazing [clap]

We did get an opportunity to check the braking efficiency as well. We were driving at around 95 kmph when a deaf, dumb and probably blind old lady crossed the road at about may be 10m distance. I had to brake pretty heavy to avoid her and we were down to about 25 kmph in no time with the car in total control. Thans to ABS, EBD and the discs the old lady was safe and we were too. Her forearm just kissed our side ORVM but nothing happened.

Will post more pictures of my car soon.
Hi Sir,

Planning but 1.6 VT ,bit bit confused regarding FE,i had seen your review saying it give 18 kmp/l in highway which is really really impressive,

Please share me how is overall experience in verna 1.6Vtvt

Thread Starter #290
Saleem - Sorry for the delayed response. Regarding your question on FE, the 1.6 VTVT engine on the Verna is very sensitive. FE depends a lot on the way you drive. Very light footed sedate driving yields around 10.5 kmpl in city condition with moderate to heavy traffic and about 16 - 18 kmpl when driven in highway between 80 and 100 kmph. But again a couple of kms of spirited driving with red lining will bring the FE down drastically.

Overall experience is pretty good. Will complete 3 years in a couple of months. DOne close to 20K kms. No issues till now.

Thread Starter #291
Sleek Silver Hyundai Verna 1.6 SX VTVT - 6 years & 50000 kms, still going strong!

Car has completed 50000 kms in 6 years. She still rides like new and have fallen in love with her. Changed the tyres at 46k. No issues so far in the car.

Will be giving the car for 7th service next week. Not sure what will be the bill amount. Mighty pleased with the car so far. Planning to stick with it for at least another couple of years.

Top Bottom