Skoda Superb Ambition – Superbly Affordable Skoda

Thread Starter #1

350Z

Core Team
Trend of affordable trims of luxury cars is not uncommon in India. Right from a Honda City to Mercedes Benz C-Class, we have seen inexpensive “Corporate” models of them all. Following the suite, Skoda has come up with the similar entry-level variant of Superb tagged as Ambition. This makes pricing of Skoda Superb to now start from Rs.18 Lakh onwards for Petrol and Rs.22.5 Lakhs for Diesel. However the best part is that Skoda has still maintained the integrity of this saloon and only those features have been removed which are not likely to be commonly used by the owner, such as Sunroof, Headlamp Washers, ESP, Front Parking Sensors etc.

Note: Ex.Showroom Pricing for Maharashtra is Rs.17,66,232 and Rs.22,07,727 for Petrol and Diesel respectively.

skoda-superb.jpg

Drive Safe,
350Z

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
the price difference between the petrol and the diesel variant is very high.

they did the right thing by removing features which are not used commonly as you mentioned.
lets see if there is a substantial increase in demand because of this move [:)]

They should have priced diesel for around 18L. I don't find superb better than Passat.
But I really liked the pic & the background here. Nice.

Superb looks really elegant and classy. And it's a really nice car but 22L for diesel is bit high i guess. If they would have priced it bit low it would have definitely persuaded more customers.

They should have priced diesel for around 18L. I don't find superb better than Passat.
But I really liked the pic & the background here. Nice.
Buddy it's a high end car and if the the petrol version is around 17.6L i don't think they could have priced the diesel around 18L.
And i guess between diesel superb and Passat, Superb is more VFM as the prices for Passat starts near 25.5L. I would anytime go for Superb if i had to.
Again these are just my personal preferences. [:)]

Buddy it's a high end car and if the the petrol version is around 17.6L i don't think they could have priced the diesel around 18L.
And i guess between diesel superb and Passat, Superb is more VFM as the prices for Passat starts near 25.5L. I would anytime go for Superb if i had to.
Again these are just my personal preferences.
Yes sat in that & is really comfy, though E is far superior than this but Skoda had tried to compare Superb with E Class [frustration].

But fact is you get real good goodies in Passat than Superb & at the end of the day, VW is VW but Skoda is just Skoda; not to forget Skodas horrible a.s.s

Yes sat in that & is really comfy, though E is far superior than this but Skoda had tried to compare Superb with E Class [frustration].

But fact is you get real good goodies in Passat than Superb & at the end of the day, VW is VW but Skoda is just Skoda; not to forget Skodas horrible a.s.s
Yes they cannot compete with E-Class but with VW they can surely compete. I guess Superb top model and Passat top model gives you the same features almost. And buddy now days Skoda A.S.S is improving.

I am saying this because my cousin owns a octavia and he used to tell me about the horrors of A.S.S but now he appreciates them since they have worked a lot on A.S.S and he is happy with them now.

And if you ask my personal choice Superb looks far better than Passat and is cheaper in price too. Again that's my personal choice buddy. Coz i have driven the old Superb and the new Passat and Jetta both.

......And buddy now days Skoda A.S.S is improving.
......but now he appreciates them since they have worked a lot on A.S.S and he is happy with them now.
SKODA ASS as well as CC Service is as it was.Nothing Changed mate.Experience yourself....buy "Skoda Superb" & feel that difference yourself.[lol]

Last edited by a moderator:
Well i am not interested in buying a skoda buddy. And regarding the A.S.S i just gave the reasoning why i said SO. And if that's the case why people are still buying Skoda??

And this thread is about the Skoda Superb not their A.S.S or CC Services. And if A.S.S and CC Services are not good than that does not make Superb or any other car a bad car.

Likewise TATA A.S.S was not good back in the days. but people still bought their cars. But TATA has worked and is still working on their A.S.S. Same thing is with Skoda. And it takes time to change something, it does not happen overnight.

Well i am not interested in buying a skoda buddy. And regarding the A.S.S i just gave the reasoning why i said SO. And if that's the case why people are still buying Skoda??

And this thread is about the Skoda Superb not their A.S.S or CC Services. And if A.S.S and CC Services are not good than that does not make Superb or any other car a bad car.

Likewise TATA A.S.S was not good back in the days. but people still bought their cars. But TATA has worked and is still working on their A.S.S. Same thing is with Skoda. And it takes time to change something, it does not happen overnight.
+100 superb is one of the best selling car in that segment more then Accord, Camry , passat and teanna .
It offers amazing space and comfort and very very good features it's like buying a e class comfort in 22 lakhs .

SKODA cars's "face" always make me remember of an old MPV-

Check Youself -

qvlm7.jpg

...Same thing is with Skoda. And it takes time to change something, it does not happen overnight.
Almost 11 Years..How much time it may take to change..

SKODA Auto India started its operations in India on November 16, 2001. They opened their manufacturing unit in Shendra, on the outskirts of Aurangabad. Thus setting their foot on the Indian soil.
Well i am not interested in buying a skoda buddy. And regarding the A.S.S i just gave the reasoning why i said SO. And if that's the case why people are still buying Skoda??....
Dear Some people also buying "Old Vintage cars" (of British Era). what it means. Where are ASS available for them.[lol]

Horror story of SKODA auto is still alive...they still blatantly cheating people.[lol]

If you're not interested to buy the same pl don't misguide others about ASS of SKODA. may be your cousin's case is exception but it doesn't means SKODA improved their ASS.[evil]

Last edited by a moderator:
[lol] Almost 11 Years.....How much time it may take to change....[lol]
Oh really if you so particular about the dates, then go ahead and see when did Tata came in to the market. But it is now when they are improving. So i guess we need to give Skoda some time dude. I am not a skoda fan but putting up something practical.

Earlier there was not that much competition in the Indian market like today. So now every brand is working on A.S.S

Oh really if you so particular about the dates, then go ahead and see when did Tata came in to the market. But it is now when they are improving. So i guess we need to give Skoda some time dude. I am not a skoda fan but putting up something practical.
Dear...I'm sorry that I hurt your feeling.You seems "SKODA Loyalist" but pl understand the fact "A diamond is also worthless if it's in wrong hand"...thus no matter how good, better or best a car is but due to "pathetic" ASS & CS it's worthless. [sleep]

Oh really ...Earlier there was not that much competition in the Indian market like today. So now every brand is working on A.S.S

Right said friend...every brand working except SKODA.[lol]

+100 superb is one of the best selling car in that segment more then Accord, Camry , passat and teanna .
It offers amazing space and comfort and very very good features it's like buying a e class comfort in 22 lakhs .
Camry is flop due to lack of space, features & high price;
Accord will beat Superb had it got diesel engine;
Teanna has good rear seats, those ottoman seats are one of segment best, but lost due to Nissan;
Passat - It is now being seen as a good car to buy. Many people are still unaware about how nice this car is. The real good part which I liked in new Passat is auto-parking.

Though Superb sells for half the price of E Class, just drive & sit in rear seat of E Class & you will see how it beats Superb by miles. Buddy, even Manza has better space than Chevy Cruze, but that doesn't make Manza better.
The NVH levels, fit & finish...........is excellent in E Class, not to forget that Star on the bonnet, looks so good.[:)]

And no doubt, I agree with you that Superb is good in its segment, but buddy, whats the use of spending 22L & then requiring to keep the car for 2 weeks in garage due to pathetic service & issues with spares ? [confused] I would say that if Superb would have been launched by Toyota, Honda; it would have done much better, even better if it was badged under VW.

Top Bottom