Skoda Shield: Is It Worth?

Thread Starter #1
Dear Friends
Today I booked one Skoda Rapid .
My question is on insurance .
From where should I do the car insurance --- from skoda people or from other insurance company ? Skoda people takes higher premium but gives some extra facilities ?
Badly need your help.
Niladri[confused]

Re: Skoda Shield or Other Insurance

Dear Friends
Today I booked one Skoda Rapid .
My question is on insurance .
From where should I do the car insurance --- from skoda people or from other insurance company ? Skoda people takes higher premium but gives some extra facilities ?
Badly need your help.
Niladri[confused]
I feel that Insurance is different apart from Skoda Shield.

Skoda Shield seems to be the Extended warranty.

Insurance will always be a tie up with PSU's or private players.

Call your sales advisor and confirm the same.

While making a deal, always take in writing what the advisor promises of schemes or any other freebies.

Re: Skoda Shield or Other Insurance

Skoda shield is infact extended warranty. That is essential IMO.regarding insurance get quotes from your dealer and search for third party insurance in such a way so that you can claim cashless insurance from any of your skoda A.S.S.

this way you get all the benefits of insurance you get from dealers and you get rid of a middleman in the supply chain which benefits with less commission been passed and hence lower premiums.

Hi,

Skoda Shield comprises of Motor Insurance+2+2 Extended Warranty,It's a bundled product which is called Skoda Shield, You can not take Motor Insurance from Outside if you want to take EW.

Respected members,
pfa

SS.jpg

We have a year old rapid and my cousin has a 2 year old octavia. We asked the dealer in our state about it before 24th but he is a complete sham and kept on saying that he has asked skoda the terms and details about it but never got back.
Has anyone got it?
Will they give comprehensive, zero dep insurance from bajaj/reliance/united insurance?
What is covered under 4 year warranty that will be covered for 2 more years? Tyres and Battery is covered for 1 year only, correct?
They have a service package for 4 years. Will they give additional two services in this plan also?
Stay safe!!

Hi,

Is extended warranty of skoda worth it? Page 2 of the attached file makes one say yes but the exclusions from the next page shout no. There is no clarity about the engine and the gearbox. Can they make an excuse about wear and tear in case of the engine and gearbox? Aren't these things covered in insurance? Ofcourse no insurance company will give full claim.

EW.pdf (Why can't we upload even 2 mb files here?)

P.S. I had a word with someone from the local dealership who shared this pdf. He said that the warranty can be denied even if the windshield is replaced from the aftermarket. Has anyone used spares available in aftermarket in vw cars? Is it easy to find these parts from the local market if one is getting it serviced from a FNG?

@deville_56 @Nairrk @Suryaputhra @CRACING @Dr MUDHAN @bhvm

Please guide.

Thanks

In my experience VW / Skoda parts are expensive and can be nightmare if something fails without warranty. So yes, its worth it. About claims being denied, Lets wait for VW owners to chime in.
@nanu.007, I am more of a technical guy, I don't have much knowledge on insurance, warranty claims etc. Sorry for not helping you in these matters.

I don't own an VW group car but i've worked on my friend's VW Vento and polo a lot.

We had warranty issue for vento (injector failure), we made technical argument to ASC Manager and VW to prove that after market brake pad & wheel alignment can cause problem with fuel injector. Later after few days, they replaced injector under warranty stating "Good will".

Is extended warranty of skoda worth it?
Since we are talking about VW Group it's recommended to get one especially for automatic variants.

Page 2 of the attached file makes one say yes but the exclusions from the next page shout no. There is no clarity about the engine and the gearbox.
That's the greatness of technical loopholes in documentation to which they can take advantage. All companies normally do this stuff, all comes down to your relationship with ASC.

Can they make an excuse about wear and tear in case of the engine and gearbox?
Sometime they can blame on owner citing "maintenance neglect" and sometime they cant. I recommend you to do engine and transmission maintenance from ASC as long as warranty is valid. Afterwards you can do as you please,

Aren't these things covered in insurance? Ofcourse no insurance company will give full claim.
Normally no but is offered as a additional cover package by some insurance companies. I too came to know about it recently.

He said that the warranty can be denied even if the windshield is replaced from the aftermarket.
If you replace a OEM part with aftermarket they can only deny warranty for parts which are directly attached or linked to aftermarket component.
eg : If you replace your windshield with aftermarket windshield, they can deny warranty for windshield seal, wiper blades and wiper motor. They can't deny warranty on gearbox or engine.

Has anyone used spares available in aftermarket in vw cars? Is it easy to find these parts from the local market if one is getting it serviced from a FNG?
I asked my friends, they told me that some parts are available from outside vendors and some parts has to be procured from ASC only. He also told to make sure that they are well know within VW circle since there are subpar quality aftermarket components in the market,

@krishna6239
Thank you for replying sir.

We had warranty issue for vento (injector failure), we made technical argument to ASC Manager and VW to prove that after market brake pad & wheel alignment can cause problem with fuel injector. Later after few days, they replaced injector under warranty stating "Good will".
If the injector was in warranty then how did after market brake pad and alignment come into the picture? Even if a screw is replaced in the warranty, they will state it as an act of goodwill.

Since we are talking about VW Group it's recommended to get one especially for automatic variants.

What components exactly are supposed to give issues besides the engine and the gearbox? Are both of these linked to number of km's driven or time duration like after n number of years?

That's the greatness of technical loopholes in documentation to which they can take advantage. All companies normally do this stuff, all comes down to your relationship with ASC.

Sad that a customer is harassed everytime in India. Relationship is not good, only one dealer here and they show their true color once the car is taken out of their showroom.

Sometime they can blame on owner citing "maintenance neglect" and sometime they cant. I recommend you to do engine and transmission maintenance from ASC as long as warranty is valid. Afterwards you can do as you please,

Here is the deal if the extended warranty is purchased from them then one is bound to get it serviced from them otherwise warranty becomes nil. And they charge huge amount of money during servicing which will be more or less the same amount of money for the extended warranty for two years.

Normally no but is offered as a additional cover package by some insurance companies. I too came to know about it recently.

Where can I check more info about this. I just opened some random websites and if one selects comprehensive package there are addons like key replacement, engine cover due to water and some more. But they do not have an additional cover citing the engine and gearbox. Afaik everything is covered under zero dep but zero dep is not available after third year.

If you replace a OEM part with aftermarket they can only deny warranty for parts which are directly attached or linked to aftermarket component.
eg : If you replace your windshield with aftermarket windshield, they can deny warranty for windshield seal, wiper blades and wiper motor. They can't deny warranty on gearbox or engine.

I double checked about this from the guy who sent the pdf. He said that the whole warranty comes to an end if even a screw is from the aftermarket.

Considering everything that I have mentioned I am confused whether to go for the extended warranty or not. Do you know any good local mechanic in Punjab?

Out of context question, I am from a joint family. We have 4 cars for 10 people. Ocatvia and Superb being high end cars are hardly driven, thanks to some joint family issues. Now these are great but when I say hardly driven I mean around max 80-90 kms in a month. Considering the maintenance and the costs associated with the engine and the gearbox, which I presume is inevitable in the future, does it make sense to sell these cars? The situation in family is so tense that everyone will agree for it just because everyone wants their share. The biggest problem is that we will hardly get anything while selling them. But even if we sell them in the next year or so the amount will only decrease. Should we swallow the hard pill considering the high costs of spares in the future now or should we keep it? Sorry for asking about this. + @Nairrk @bhvm

Top Bottom