Skoda Roomster coming to India

Thread Starter #1

AMG

Suspended
Skoda Roomster will hit the Indian road next year, according to industry executives familiar with company plans.

Source: Economic Times

This looks like an compact estate version of fabia. AFAIK this is an MPV. Please correct me if i am wrong!

Looks too boxy at the rear IMO. Front is just like all other Skoda's. The rear door handle the Beat way!

Yuk, Its a big No No car[anger]. Looks like a Fabia carrying a custom Built body like the ones we see on Mahindra Pickup vehicles. Not sure how well this is doing outside, but I don't really think anyone of us here would really like to have it or it will satisfy anyone's needs.

Thread Starter #8

AMG

Suspended
To me it looks like Fabia's front merged with Kangoo's back(it is NOT kangaroo, it is kangoo)

350Z

Core Team
The Roomster looks good, but I’m totally in doubt about its fate, if it’s coming to India. This is a very unique and different design, unlike previously seen in any Indian car, that too with 5 seats only, though from the images, interiors appear to be roomy enough to make an MUV feel like a Spartan cave. Now, where is it going to target? At competitive costs (Lower than Combi, of course), Perhaps this would make a better choice for a handful of station wagon buyers in our country.

Currently, Toyota Innova is enjoying matchless success, and in spite of being so much potential in that specific segment, unfortunately the question, why isn’t some manufacturer planning to come up and answer, remains a question.

Drive Safe,
350Z

Thread Starter #10

AMG

Suspended
The Roomster will be directly targetted at the Tata Indigo Manza Marina

I don't think and feel that Skoda will launch this in India. The primary reason is that there is no room for such a segment in India. Remember the Mahindra Voyager and why it was a failure? As long as a market is there, the car will sell. Another factor, in my personal view is, the design is simply ugly!

Thread Starter #12

AMG

Suspended
@ Shynish M

Remember the Indigo Marina and it was a big success.

So, maybe Skoda is feeling luck and wants to take a chance.

Last edited by a moderator:

Arun

Suspended
I remember Jeremy Clarkson cursing the car beyond limits. More than anything, it is practical. I mean face it, you won't race around with 7 people on board. Unless you are a retard that is.

Thread Starter #15

AMG

Suspended
I remember Jeremy Clarkson cursing the car beyond limits. More than anything, it is practical. I mean face it, you won't race around with 7 people on board. Unless you are a retard that is.
IIRC, this car has only 5 seats.

Top Bottom