Skoda Rapid - Madhubala To Madhuri Dixit

Thanks Suberbad!

Team forgot to upload this photo. During my one of travels to Kolhapur from Pune and some city driving in Pune, the fuel guage touched half way mark after 600 KMS! Is this new mileage record for rapid?
My goodness are you sure your mid is functioning properly ?[lol] skoda seems to have hit home run .superb man and your silver beauty is shining like platinum .[clap]

Last edited:
Thread Starter #33
My goodness are you sure your mid is functioning properly ?[lol] skoda seems to have hit home run .superb man and your silver beauty is shining like platinum .[clap]
Thanks Raja for your good comments on silver beauty.
Even I had the doubt about MID so after this trip, Did a small test for 250 Kms on Pune Aurangabad Highway. There I got 22.3 KMPL with 100% AC.

Thread Starter #37
7500 KMS Service Update

Service Appointment - I was not pretty sure which service center I should go for. Had 2 choices
1. Europa Auto near Balewadi
2. Asset Auto - Shivaji Nagar
Called up both places. Europa Auto was not very keen to give the service appointment on Saturday. So went with Asset Auto Shivajinagar.
Few updates about Asset Auto Shivajinagar Service Center : This service center was closed for 3 months for renovation. When I went in there, could see the difference at least in the infrastructure side. Though many things are yet to be completed. Good thing is that now they have a customer lounge.
Reached service station at 11.00 AM and had to wait for around 30 mins for service adviser to be free. Also could observe that there is no co-ordination. The service manager wants to manage everything (right from switching on/off AC buttons of office to washing center). This was causing more trouble for customers and also the SA.
With service advisor with me, he explained me what will be done during this service and what will not (washing etc). Around noon, they started working on the car.Was with the car all the time during the service.
Following activities done:
1. Cleaned the Air Filter. I strongly recommend this as MUST DO activity.
2. Top up the engine oil - 0.5 ltr.
3. Checked for leakages. Everything was normal
4. Run the diagnostic tests on all the parameters. All results came good. One suggestion here. All members should be very vigil about this. For the sake of diagnostic test, they just reset the service interval and show that it's done. It happened with me but since I was vigil, asked them to run the tests infront of me and show the results. They followed without any push. But again, I had to ask for it.
5. Reset the service interval. (Make sure you test this before leaving the service center)

Again I got a very nice surprise. When everything was done and I was ready to go, the service advisor asked me if I can wait for some time as he wants to give the car for cleaning. I was little surprised here and did not wanted to take any chances. I asked him, is this complementary? The response was affirmative. I accepted the offer. And wowww, they really did a great job in washing and cleaning. It took them almost more than one hour to complete the cleaning with shampoo and vacumm inside the car.

The total bill for the servicing was 470 Rs (Engine Oil 0.5 Ltr cost).

Overall observations -

The old customers of Fabia were very unhappy and seems that their agony will continue due to shortage of parts and no co-ordination. For Rapid, Laura and Superb they are spending quality time. Not sure why. This might be my observation only.

I would give 3.5 out of 5 for servicing as there were very less parameters for judging them.

After servicing, I wanted to do wheel allignment but Asset Auto did not had the WA bay ready. So opted for my old friend "Darshan Auto"in kothrud. Did the WA. Costed me 250 Rs. Quite normal price.

Total Expenses for the day - 720 Rs. Overall very satisfied as I spent full day with the car taking her good care.

Thread Starter #43
About JVC, I dont recollect the costs as I did it few months back. I will check the bill and get back to you.
Hello Marun
The total cost for my ICE ( JVC 2 DIN,Rockford Comp. in front and Rockford 3 way in rear ) was 19500/- with fitting, wiring and frame. Sorry for delay.

Thread Starter #44
Hello Team,

During my one of the highway rides, I observed the break shuddering when I applied the breaks. This happened twice till date and only happened at high speed (100+) and during the same trip only. There is no shuddering at all at slow speed. Did some analysis and found that probable cause is rotor uneveness. But I doubt if that would be the case as rotor is are good as new. My car is only 5 months old. When discussed with SA about this, he said this happens once in a while if something stuck between the rotor and break pad which sounds logical. Taking the car to service station as soon as I find some time but need more inputs from the fellow members on this.

Praf

May be bit late, but my hearty congrats to you on your Skoda latest baby Rapid !!.

It looks from your experience that Skoda is improving on the service area and also looks that their service cost is bit cheaper than earlier.

I strongly feel that you should go for good Alloys soon, which will give a very nice look to your car !!

Top Bottom