Skoda Rapid - Madhubala To Madhuri Dixit

Thread Starter #47
Praf

May be bit late, but my hearty congrats to you on your Skoda latest baby Rapid !!.

It looks from your experience that Skoda is improving on the service area and also looks that their service cost is bit cheaper than earlier.

I strongly feel that you should go for good Alloys soon, which will give a very nice look to your car !!
Hello Gurrala,

Thanks! Yes I had good experience with Skoda service till now and cannot comment on the past as I never had any exp. in past with Skoda. About alloys, yes definitely it's on the cards but not very soon as I had some financial commitments. Also would go for remap if my budget permits at the same time.

Thread Starter #50
What type of shudder is it? Might be a case of ABS kicking in.
Hey Superbad
Thats a very good point. Following is what I observed :
I was cruising at good speed (100+) when suddenly I had to apply sudden break. At this point of time I observed the shudder and felt vibrations with noice.I then released the break and sound / vibrations gone. It happened 2 times during same drive. Tried to replicate the issue without success.

typically ABS gives you pulsating input to brakes, something like 50 pulses per sec to avoid locking of wheels.

maybe you felt those vibrations.

Thread Starter #54
typically ABS gives you pulsating input to brakes, something like 50 pulses per sec to avoid locking of wheels.

maybe you felt those vibrations.
Thanks superbad
These are very good inputs. I am getting convinced on the reasoning abt abs kicking in. Last question (pls dont kill me for this) - The sound of "khad khadddd" - Is that normal once in a while when somethin like this happens?

I do not remember the exact thing since it was a heart in my mouth moment when abs kicked in my scorpio.
A drunk man had jumped in front of my car when i was doing about 60kmph.
So my first preference was to avoid collision since public in general do not judge who is wrong, they blame the one with the car is at fault.
But it felt like the brakes were revolting for my pressure.

Hey Praf
Firstly congrats for rapid
I also have abs in my car, and it does vibrate at sudden braking at higher speeds.
But I haven't observed any other noise like khad khad. May be you should get it checked at service station.

Thread Starter #57
But it felt like the brakes were revolting for my pressure.
Thanks suberbad, infact that was the same feeling I had with some noise. I think there are 2 reasons here.
1. The abs kick in phenomenon causing the vibrations / they revolt to your pressure which should be normal thing.
2. The noise it makes is something I am worried. Let me give a try over this weekend to replicate this issue again.

Thread Starter #58
Hey Praf
Firstly congrats for rapid
I also have abs in my car, and it does vibrate at sudden braking at higher speeds.
But I haven't observed any other noise like khad khad. May be you should get it checked at service station.
Thanks Rightnow
I will definitely go to service station once I do my testing this weekend. Meanwhile I did had a word with SA and he told me that the sound might come sometimes if something is caught (tiny particals) in between rotor and disc pads. The drive during which I felt this was a rough ride through heavy rains and not so good roads. But still he asked me to come over any time for check up and promised to fix it if there are any issues. [clap]

Hello Team,

During my one of the highway rides, I observed the break shuddering when I applied the breaks. This happened twice till date and only happened at high speed (100+) and during the same trip only. There is no shuddering at all at slow speed. Did some analysis and found that probable cause is rotor uneveness. But I doubt if that would be the case as rotor is are good as new. My car is only 5 months old. When discussed with SA about this, he said this happens once in a while if something stuck between the rotor and break pad which sounds logical. Taking the car to service station as soon as I find some time but need more inputs from the fellow members on this.
That is nothing but ABS in action, I had experienced several times with my Rapid Ambition

Thread Starter #60
That is nothing but ABS in action, I had experienced several times with my Rapid Ambition
Thanks for your inputs susisalil. I can definitely now drive in peace. Also pls update us on your first service exp. That will help all rapid owners like me. BTW I also have ambition model.

Top Bottom