Skoda Rapid Elegance Plus AT Ownership Review

If new - Honda Amaze (Only one with Diesel AT).
If new, you can find only compact sedans. If used you can get Hyundai Verna, Honda City, Volkswagen Vento. (Listed as per my preference if diesel), if petrol, Honda City > Hyundai Verna. VW Vento, it is outdated in features.

Thread Starter #124
If new - Honda Amaze (Only one with Diesel AT).
If new, you can find only compact sedans. If used you can get Hyundai Verna, Honda City, Volkswagen Vento. (Listed as per my preference if diesel), if petrol, Honda City > Hyundai Verna. VW Vento, it is outdated in features.
Among the used cars , I am looking for a car not older than 3 years & not run more than 20 kkm. Discussion going on this thread Suggest New / Used Mid-Size Car For Rs.5 - 7 Lakh

Thread Starter #128
Visited the Used car dealership & found that car was in immaculate condition, but my father pointed out that the glove box lid was not getting closed properly and there was some cello tape wrapped around the its locking mechanism (probably to mute the rattle). I had read that the owners of 2G Amaze reporting this issue in their cars on some other forums. So didn't suspected anything fishy.

I paid the booking amount to the used car dealer, and took the car to the HASS for checkup, however while on road to the HASS, Icalled up them and asked when was last servicing carried out? Last servicing was carried out just a month / 500 km back. I asked them, was their any pending work adviced by the SA? There was no pending work. Knowing this the used car dealer said that there was no need to recheck the car. But I insisted and told him that he will have to return the money if something important turns out. He agreed.
Upon reaching the HASS, HASS manager said its going to be 50 points checkup & it will take atlest 3 hours @ Rs 1500. I agreed. Then they opened the HASS history of the car on their com which revealed that the car visited the HASS for body work & paint job twice in year 2019. Work carried out was replacement of both head lights, front bumper, front grill & dent repairs of front fendors. Amount charged for the work was not visible because the work was carried out at some other HASS. I called up the other HASS and came to know that the damage was due to an accident and insurance Co. settled the claim of Rs 50 k. I decided not investigate further.

Because I had read a annoyed AMAZE owner on a forum reporting that his car was collided with a dog which neither died nor got injured & still his bumper & pipes & parts till the AC compressor got damaged & nedded to be replaced. So I cancelled the deal & got the booking amount refunded. The used car dealer cooperated well.

Top Bottom