Skoda Rapid Elegance Plus AT Ownership Review

Thread Starter #92
Well, @30k km servicing, SA had advised me to get the brake pads(not the discs) replaced as they would survive only 3 to 4 kkm further. Now car is 39000 kkm run and of late I was experiencing some vibration when slowing down from high speed, also some times at low speeds if I try to bring the car to complete stop, I got a sensation as if someone is pushing the car from behind opposing the braking force.

Also there is some dust collection inside the headlamp as the black rubber which prevents entry of dust & water inside it from the bulb port had fallen off. This is hampering the visibility. this led me to replace the upgraded bulbs back to original ones . but still road visibility is not upto mark.

One of the mudflap had gone loose.

Today, I took the car to Viraj Skoda without prior appointment. They accepted it as brake is a serious issue. They replaced the brake pads & discs, now braking experience is superb. Me felt, had I replaced the pads earlier, I could have saved on the cost of discs as the totally wore pads keep scratching the discs thus require disc replacement too. But SA said it is good to replace pads and discs simultaneously as new pad & old disc combination again leads to early wear of the pads. Don't know, if his explanation is correct.

Anyways, question to you all : what is average life span of discs in case of enthusiastic driving style?

Regarding the head lamp they done some juggad to close the opening of bulb port as the cap was not available in the store. They advised me to get the headlamp glass dismantled outside and get the dust layer cleaned as skoda policy doesn't allow them to dismantle it.

Posting pic of the bill forces cost and labour charges and taxes .

Attachments

allhyundaicars

Honoured Member
You could have skimmed the disc. It can be easily done 2-3 times.
Remember this for the next time.

Check this. http://www.theautomotiveindia.com/f...9-000-kms-ownership-review-94.html#post491215
Read the replies below.

Hass told me to change discs at 30k for my santro. Car is now at 155k with original discs after skimming it for 2-3 times.
Now after this wI'll get new discs when brake pads loses its life.
After that experience, I got skimming done on verna as well.

Bharath Sir,hows your Rapid DSG doing?Thinking to book one as we had sold off our Vento yesterday.Planning to go for DSG this time and hows your experience with DSG in terms of performance?

Thread Starter #95
Rapid is doing well, I got the gear control unit replaced recently under warranty if you want to go for DSG Rapid, you must purchase 4 year warranty.+ RSA.

Rapid is doing well, I got the gear control unit replaced recently under warranty if you want to go for DSG Rapid, you must purchase 4 year warranty.+ RSA.
Thanks for the information Bharath sir.My dad has almost decided to book Rapid Style MT(new one with Octavia-ish grille) as he felt paying extra ₹1.5L for AT is not worth at all and we could get a Creta 1.6SX over it.

Well, @30k km servicing, SA had advised me to get the brake pads(not the discs) replaced as they would survive only 3 to 4 kkm further. Now car is 39000 kkm run and of late I was experiencing some vibration when slowing down from high speed, also some times at low speeds --- SNIPPED ---
Today, I took the car to Viraj Skoda without prior appointment. They accepted it as brake is a serious issue. They replaced the brake pads & discs, now braking experience is superb. Me felt, had I replaced the pads earlier, I could have saved on the cost of discs as the totally wore pads keep scratching the discs thus require disc replacement too. But SA said it is good to replace pads and discs simultaneously as new pad & old disc combination again leads to early wear of the pads. Don't know, if his explanation is correct.

Anyways, question to you all : what is average life span of discs in case of enthusiastic driving style?
I am facing the same issue with my car (10k run in 8months). Based on the internet research, i found that brake judder/pulsation is because of the resin from the brake material sticking at various places on the rotors. It looks like someone smeared brown syrup on the rotor and I did find those marks on my rotors. I do a lot of hard braking at quite high speeds quite frequently.

I always found the bite of Rapid's brakes to be a bit more. The collateral effect of this is the wear and tear of the brakes is quicker. This translates to $$ outgo.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #99
Btw,forgot to ask you,is Skoda offering 4 years warranty on the purchase itself or we should buy from them?If yes,I would be more happier.
Don't know, what's their policy at present, earlier it use to come along with the car.

Agreed, if at all chauffeur driven most of the time, it's better to go for manual and save money.

Check for sparingly used new octy, superb too. Rapid can't be considered an upgrade over outgoing Vento.

Last edited:
I am facing the same issue with my car (10k run in 8months). Based on the internet research, i found that brake judder/pulsation is because of the resin from the brake material sticking at various places on the rotors. It looks like someone smeared brown syrup on the rotor and I did find those marks on my rotors. I do a lot of hard braking at quite high speeds quite frequently.

I always found the bite of Rapid's brakes to be a bit more. The collateral effect of this is the wear and tear of the brakes is quicker. This translates to $$ outgo.
Skimm the rotors for 400 rs problem will be solved. I had same problem but now everything is fine after skimming.

I do not recommend skimming of the rotor. That is not safe. You are effectively reducing the thickness which increases the chances of warping, overheating. I am not even getting to the part of the collateral effects on ABS

I do not recommend skimming of the rotor. That is not safe. You are effectively reducing the thickness which increases the chances of warping, overheating. I am not even getting to the part of the collateral effects on ABS
If skimming is not safe then why manufacturer of rotor provided max wear indicator on the rotors?

Upto max wear indicator is not touched it is fully safe to skimm the rotors.
It is unsafe is the reason made by dealers to sell costly rotors to customers.

Top Bottom