Skoda Rapid Elegance Plus AT Ownership Review

Thread Starter #1
This is New Skoda Rapid Plus AT ownership review. Covering buying, ownership and maintenance experiences.

Monthly running justified diesel & we are a family of 4+2/3+1/2,so needed a safe 5+1/2 or 6 seater.
We were thinking of using only one 7 seater car for long family trips as my father feels tired doing very long drives.
Budget fixed by my father was equal to the price of 'best' car in India, i. e. Swift ddis with safety (features) . i. e. 8.25 L. Later, I had to stretch is to 10 L(equal to the cost of new Balerno as it is best FE car in India ), as I was not getting my requirements full filled in that budget hence decided to go for almost new but preowned Diesel car.

I already drive Avventura Emotion mjd so, I was in market for second car (to be used by my father who is a retired principal & now full time farmer.) So I had a chance of trying various driving combinations & permutations.

So following cars were in the list
1)Terrano : My father loved it for GC, ride, handling & my daughter loved the child seat in the boot, Could not get a preowned one in excellent condition & prospects in that budget. Also side facing child seat is not a safe idea.

2) Fiat Linea : I already own a Avventura MJD & I am a former QJD owner, also similar are the interiors of Avventura & Linea barring colors. I love Avventura interiors. Also there was not a single preowned Linea 2014 available. And brand new Linea is costing 10.80L after discounts hence exceeding budget.

3) Skoda Rapid : MT, I almost booked a used December 2014, 10K KM run Rapid with cruise control & alloys (Ambition plus) @7.75L.But thought that it is not an upgrade over Linea. Only plus point in this Rapid was 105bhp & 250 Nm. Also later found that the car had visited SAAS for excessive black smoke & knocking sound, Also SAAS had mentioned that Oil sump needs to be replaced in the service history . After taking the car on ramp they said, sump is fine and doesn't need replacement! Hence, cancelled the car.
Also, I was searching a sparingly used Linea Emotion so that I can remap her better than Rapid. But no fiat owner obliged. & was less likely to oblige at a cost less than 7.7L.

Skoda Rapid TDI DSG AT :Got to see a March 2015, 8kkm run Top end (elegance plus) Things available extra over Linea Emotion are , 12 more horses & 40 to 50 Nm more torque, projectors headlights, bluetooth music streaming &, a DSG AT., HBA, ESC & kickdown So I felt, it is a immediate upgrade over Linea Emotion mjd.

VW VENTO Topend AT : all the preowned 2014 or 2015 cars were costing more than 11.5 L. hence ruled out.
My wife said she will also learn driving car if we get AT.

Honda mobilio S :It was a sweet deal @9;80L but built quality was not as good as European cars. Also fellow TAI ger @acechip had warned me about long wave bouncyness of mobilio after passing over undulations on highways especially when middle & rear row seats are reclined in want of comfort on long drives.
Also seat thickness was comparable to Muncipal transport.

Finally bought. a March 2014 manufacturered, preowned Skoda Rapid Elegance plus AT @9,90L
Things missed in the Rapid over Linea are GC for which I will have to spend Rs 10K on indisuspention kit & Steering wheel. & suspension for which nothing can be done.

What to say? I am sad or happy? Finally a staunch lover of handling of Fiat' had to punish fiats for not bringing AT or 1.5 \1.6 L. I hate you fiat for selling 1.6 L to MSIL but not providing it to n number of owners of 1.3 MJD or its siblings as an upgrade.
But I still love you fiats for not selling the suspensions to other brands & retaining me as a fan.

Henceforth, Avventura will serve my father for short trips & farm trips. And on long family trips he will be driving the AT & I will be driving Avventura. Plan for single 6 seater car is cancelled.

Beware FIATS, I will become a bitter basher of Fiats if you bring a 1.6 L or AT Linea /Agea or the palio adventure within one year of my 1.5 LRapid AT buying decision.!!!!

Posting few pics.

rps20151116_230244.jpg

rps20151116_230218.jpg

rps20151116_230150.jpg

rps20151116_230057.jpg

rps20151116_230018.jpg

rps20151116_225606.jpg

rps20151116_225507.jpg

rps20151116_225438.jpg

rps20151116_225347.jpg

rps20151116_225109.jpg

rps20151116_225259.jpg

rps20151116_225225.jpg

rps20151116_225203.jpg

rps20151116_225131.jpg

rps20151116_224752.jpg

rps20151116_224924.jpg

2015-11-16 22.37.07.jpg

rps20151116_224544.jpg

rps20151116_224512.jpg

rps20151116_224434.jpg

rps20151116_224333.jpg

rps20151116_224217.jpg

rps20151116_224126.jpg

rps20151116_224009.jpg

rps20151116_223857.jpg

rps20151116_213351.jpg

rps20151116_213309.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Buying a Used Skoda Rapid Diesel: What Precautions To Take?

Good Purchase Tornado.
I can assure you that you will not regret your purchase. I own 2014 Rapid and I love it. GC is less but I never felt any issue due to it as the suspension is good. I have taken it to Nanital and Ranikhet and not even once the under body was hit. It do have rough road package as well. So not much worry.

Welcome to Rapid Family. [:)]

Thread Starter #3

Thank you Auto pilot,
When was rough road package introduced by skodas. Is it OE fitment or dealer level offering?
Previously I was used to the GC of 165mm of Manza. So 168mm of Rapid would not have been a problem. It is just I am spoiled with GC of Avventura since last year, I am thinking of getting the indy suspension kit.

Anyways, have you started ownership thread on theautomotiveindia? It would be great experience to interact with you regarding Skoda /Rapid's ownership.

Thank you Auto pilot,
When was rough road package introduced by skodas. Is it OE fitment or dealer level offering?
Previously I was used to the GC of 165mm of Manza. So 168mm of Rapid would not have been a problem. It is just I am spoiled with GC of Avventura since last year, I am thinking of getting the indy suspension kit.

Anyways, have you started ownership thread on theautomotiveindia? It would be great experience to interact with you regarding Skoda /Rapid's ownership.
Bro,

Not sure when Skoda introduced the rough road package. However, it is now available on all the cars sold by Skoda in India. It is present in my car. I think they started giving on all the cars since 2-3 years.

It is OE fitment and should be in your car as well. I would suggest you to keep the suspension as it is and use it for some time. I am sure you will not experience any issue. The car has best suspension in its category.

I was planning to start the ownership thread but somehow could not pen it down. Please go ahead and start your own and I will surely give my inputs.

Can you post a picture of engine bay highlighting engine in depth,as normally diesel engines which have been overhauled can be detected by oil spills within the engine mountings.

Nice pics Tornado,

She looks beautiful. How is your initial views about her drive? Have you taken her for a long drive yet? I look for excuses to take mine for a long drive. [:)] On 26 of this month, I have to go to Amritsar and I am already excited for the journey.

When I bought mine, automatic was not offered. After 6 months of my purchase, It was introduced and I felt like [frustration]. After driving automatic, you will hate to drive manuals isn't it?

Thread Starter #7
Recently done a 200 km drive on highway, amazing experience it is., @140 speed, you feel as if it is 60,

Till now, I loved it's two features
1)kick down - if you want to overtake swiftly, just press the A pedal fully (not necessarily abruptly) in any gear, and you are done within the flash of light. And that's addictive.

2)creep -
In D mode(forward moving mode) or R mode (reverse gear ), car keeps on creeping without touching both pedals, It works on slopes also very helpful in city traffic & tight parkings.

Yes Autopilot, major reason behind Skoda purchase was AT, else I was in mood to purchase a Linea & remap it equal to Rapid. I really don't feel like using manual transmission after short ownership of AT.

Anyways, guys, is the price paid ok for this car?

@vishnucrazy, I will soon post the pic of engine bay.
I had enquired about the cars history @skoda workshop, they said no repair has been carried out on the car till date except the compulsory first 5k km inspection.

Recently done a 200 km drive on highway, amazing experience it is., @140 speed, you feel as if it is 60,

Till now, I loved it's two features
1)kick down - if you want to overtake swiftly, just press the A pedal fully (not necessarily abruptly) in any gear, and you are done within the flash of light. And that's addictive.

2)creep -
In D mode(forward moving mode) or R mode (reverse gear ), car keeps on creeping without touching both pedals, It works on slopes also very helpful in city traffic & tight parkings.

Yes Autopilot, major reason behind Skoda purchase was AT, else I was in mood to purchase a Linea & remap it equal to Rapid. I really don't feel like using manual transmission after short ownership of AT.

Anyways, guys, is the price paid ok for this car?

@vishnucrazy, I will soon post the pic of engine bay.
I had enquired about the cars history @skoda workshop, they said no repair has been carried out on the car till date except the compulsory first 5k km inspection.
IMHO 9,90L is good buy.

The kick you get is really addictive. It pampers you and I show off a lot on highway drives [:D]. It just zooms past in seconds. However, one should not make a habit of it but extremely hard to resist.

I also find creeping helpful and useful in bumper to bumper traffic of Delhi. More you drive it, more you will fall in love.

Do you have extended warranty? I got 2 years extended warranty for free at the time of my purchase.

Congratulations on you're Rapid Tornado. Good car with excellent engine/ gearbox combo. Apart from high service bills, you'll enjoy it for sure.

10 lakh for a relatively new Rapid is a steal IMO. New one costs almost 14 lakhs.

Yup, you don't feel like driving a manual after getting used to Automatics. Funny but True.

Congrats and welcome to VAG club Bharath Sir.Rapid looks good eventhough it has run 8000 Kms in 8 months and ₹10L for less run car is steal through new one costs about ₹14.3L in our city.And,my mom's cousin also owns Rapid TDI DSG but it's Ambition Plus in Red colour bought in Feb 2015.

Enjoy with your new toy with DSG experience.

Thread Starter #12
Do you have extended warranty?.
YES, 2 +2 yrs warranty is already purchased by the first owner. Skoda told me that it would be transfered on my name once copies of new RC & insurance are submitted to them.

Hi,
Congratulations on your new SKODA Rapid. Wishes to clock many more miles
Thanks.

Thank you, it was your post which helped me while checking the car.

Apart from high service bills, you'll enjoy it for sure.
But, according to Skoda website servicing bills would fluctuate between Rs 8 k to 10 k approximately.
One of my friend who owns Dezire, Ertiga, Ciaz told me that his paid servicing bills are in the range of Rs 10 to 15 k, that too at 10 kkm interval as opposed to Skoda 's 15 k km interval.

Yup, you don't feel like driving a manual after getting used to Automatics. Funny but True.
Today I drove Avventura, car got stalled twice in traffic as I was trying to drive it only with my right leg & left leg resting.

But I found that pickup of Avventura MJD in first gear is far better than first gear of DSG AT in D mode. I am yet to try the S mode.

Congrats and welcome to VAG club Bharath Sir.Rapid looks good eventhough it has run 8000 Kms in 8 months and ₹10L for less run car is steal through new one costs about ₹14.3L in our city.And,my mom's cousin also owns Rapid TDI DSG but it's Ambition Plus in Red colour bought in Feb 2015.
Thank you MS.
YES in Pune too it is costing 14 L.
Good to know that your uncle owns a DSG Rapid,his experiences of the car & SAAS would be helpful to me if they reach to me through you on this thread.

Do not worry Tornado about the service bill.

I got my first full service done 6 months before. My total bill was 7.xx k. I was fully satisfied with the service and the way I was attended. If I have to rate the service, I will give 4 stars out of 5. There is always space to improve. Overall nothing close to what most of the people say (horror stories) about Skoda after sale service.

Top Bottom