Skoda Rapid Elegance Plus AT Ownership Review

Thread Starter #76
But mine is starting with jump current.

Just now, I checked it again, it's not starting,it seems I will have to use jump current again in the morning.

The warning sign appear only when car is not starting, once it starts with jump current they disappear.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #78
For the first time it was making some sound but now it's absolutely silent. However the in cabin lights, power windows and central locking, ICE is working fine though the engine is not getting started.

Posting the pics of meaning of the signs taken from the owner manual which appear when the car is not starting.

Attachments

Last edited:
These two lights are by default on for all vw and skodas before starting the car. Once you start the car these will disapper.

If these light are flashing before starting the car that means there is some problem. If not then its ok.

Thread Starter #80
They remain on only when attempt to start the car fails.
Once you get the jump current and engine starts they disappear.

After finishing the 25km run post jump current, I switched off the engine and after two minutes, tried to restart, it started immediately without jump, now, 2 hrs after switching it off it's not starting.

When car is off battry is not charging thats why that light starts. After the start battery starts charging so battry warning light disappear.
For the second light its is the same but i dont know reason behind that light.

If possible clean the air filter and fuel filter. Check the connection of the maf sensor near the air filter. If its lose then also this happen.

Last edited:
Thread Starter #82
'Exhaust system inspection ' sign points towards Fuel injectors and the Exaust gas cooler.
Do not know, what's in store for me this Diwali from Skodas.?

This could be a problem with EGR. These are things you scared about owning VW cars. Please get a scan done through VAS from a service center.

Thread Starter #85
Re: Skoda Rapid warranty experience.

Well it is the battery which had died down. Today, morning, it was not going to start hence called up a battery shopkeeper to jump start the car.
He jump started the car, later he checked the battery an told it's dead and needs replacement and offered a new battery at Rs 5100.I however, told that car is in warranty and need to show it to SAAS.

In the afternoon, at 2 pm car sent to SAAS, they too told that battery is dead and there is no problem with the EGR or fuel injectors as the warning signs do not appear if the car is started with jump current.

They raised a warranty request, which was approved by SKODA, and replaced the battery under warranty FOC. Also they scanned the car and all is well now. Car was delivered back to me in washed and cleaned condition at 7:30 pm.

Overall, mefeels, SKODA are the best for their when it comes to warranty claims.[clap] And whosoever wants trouble free ownership of a Skoda car and peace of mind along with driving pleasure, should buy the warranty at the time of car purchase. My car has got 4 yr /1L km warranty.

Last edited:
Re: Skoda Rapid warranty experience.

Good to know everything is well.
Now all skoda cars comes with 4 year and 1 lakh km warrenty. They have ended extebded watrenty and started offering 4 year warrenty at purchase.
Skoda battery usually dont guve problem in 5 years. This new battery will defentely last for long time.

WoW ! Amazed that Skoda replaced your battery under your extended warranty scheme..mighty impressed. You had recently stated that you got your mechanotronics repaired/replaced under warranty, Is there any Km limit to the warranty on gear box or is it also applicable for 1 lakh km /4 yrs.
Happy Diwali and drive safe !

WoW ! Amazed that Skoda replaced your battery under your extended warranty scheme..mighty impressed. You had recently stated that you got your mechanotronics repaired/replaced under warranty, Is there any Km limit to the warranty on gear box or is it also applicable for 1 lakh km /4 yrs.
Happy Diwali and drive safe !
Upto sep 2016 skoda offered 2 year and unlimited km warrenty. 2+2 year and 1 lakh km was optional as extended warrenty. Some cars was offerd with 3 year extended warrenty. My car had 5 years warrenty but expired in 2 years because of 1 lakh km limit.

From oct 2016 now skoda offers 1 lakh km and 4 lakh km warrenty for free.

Parts which have replaced after car warrenty expired get 2 years of warrenty from skoda. Part replaced under car warrenty will get 2 years warrenty or remained car warrenty whichever is more.

I think skoda and vw is best when it comes to warrenty if everything is well warrenty claims are approved in 5 min. I replaced fuel pump and dicky lock in warrenty. Ass never asked me an single que about claim, they did it themselves and managed all things.

Last edited:

Top Bottom