Skoda Rapid Ambition or Nissan Sunny Diesel

Thread Starter #18
Guys CANCELLED MY BOOKING FOR SKODA RAPID! why?? the sales person called up and said i have to wait one more month. on warning him to either cancel the booking immediately or arrange the car from other city as the dealer has showrooms in many cities, the sales person became very rude and told us not to call him and he had obliged us on accepting the booking amount. Dude where is the point of obligation??? i am paying you the money for the car. on my first post i mentioned that i dont care about after sales service but didnt knew it can be such a bad experience that too prior sales God knows how they will treat the skoda car owners.

Atlast got the refund amount after many phone calls to higher authorities. it took nearly one month to get the refund.

meanwhile checked out nissan sunny diesel here is what i noticed :-

Pros
obviously leg room, nice pick up, exterior of the car looks premium gives a feel of owning a big car

Cons
interior below par, rear a/c vents are for show off only it just works like an exhaust fan sucks the air from front and provides it in the rear also the fan is noisy, build quality is average especially after checking out vento and rapid.

my opinion on nissan sunny : it might be a good option for those who are planning to buy sx4 but not for those who are planning for fiesta, vento, verna.

Saw the advertisement of Volkswagen once in a life time offer. went to the showroom and was disappointed as once in a life time offer will offer only free insurance. they said that volkswagen had already declared a price rise of around 30 k which will not be applicable till january end. But till date i.e. 18th february they have not increased the price.

My Experience at the Volkswagen Showroom : the sales person was well trained. justified the price difference between vento and rapid. and moreover after free insurance and some free goodies the price of vento highline went a bit cheaper than rapid elegence (top model) as skoda wont provide any goodies. also no waiting period on black and white colour.

Booked vento highline and sales person promised me delivery within 48 hours from making full payment. paid full amount very next day. the sales team regularly called me up to confirm the booking, informing about the status of my car, again calling that the car is ready and i can take the delivery whenever i want, completed the paper formalities very smoothly, got delivery of the car on 29th january, sales person explained various features and demos which took nearly 90 minutes, after delivery i got atleast eight calls till date regarding how was the service, is there any problem with the car or not?, whether all the documents are handed over to you? etc.

so overall happy with volkswagen vento. got a good deal. paid as much as rapid and got vento. i have heard many complaints about after sales service of Volkswagen but till date i had a good experience with them.

MY OPINION :- AVOID SKODA. SALES PERSON ARE VERY RUDE AND SKODA TEAM IS IRRESPONSIBLE. YOUR COMPLAINTS WONT BE ENTERTAINED ANYWHERE.

Vento/Rapid same car just difference in the name. I read it some where correct me if i am wrong.

Last edited:
Well "a.ashish" thats a really bad experience for a customer,which place did you book the car? As for Bangalore unless you know someone well in the showroom you will get the same treatment as you did,if it was not for the bad dealerships i feel the Fabia would have sold well.

hey ashish congratulations for your new car buddy and sorry to hear about your experience with Skoda guys, and good you cancelled the deal with those guys.

Thread Starter #23
@bunty : there is very little difference between vento and rapid. i prefered rapid initially because it has middle variant which had abs whereas in vento there are only two variants trendline and highline.

@prads : i booked a car from rajkot, gujarat.

@singh890 : whatever happens, happens for good.

@smooth rider : vento was my first choice but as mentioned earlier as rapid had middle variant i had opted for the same. i wanted a car with abs.

AND THANKS ALL OF YOU GUYS

Thread Starter #26
@ bunty sure!

@ autosafari answering on behalf of doctor, synthetic oil cost around 1k per liter. so nearly 4k for the oil and rest for air filter replacement, labour etc... one service of vento will cost around 6k. but since service interval is at 15k so its ok i suppose.

Hii @a.Ashis i would suggest pay the extra premium and buy a Volkswagen Vento, its much better than Rapid and Sunny, the problem with Sunny is refinement it gets really gruff when revved hard and dosent particularly have any power to come atleast close to Vento, If rear legroom is not the top priority Vento is the obvious choice, the dealers may vary from place to place they may be good or bad, but as a car Vento is the best

Congrats on your new buy.
hope you enjoy all the miles in your car.how about starting an ownership thread?Do post some pics though.[:)]

Top Bottom